athenahealth - Athenahealth | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Athenahealth"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Watertown, MA

I worked at athenahealth full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

athenahealth is a great place to work, especially on the sales team. They have a great culture, an amazing product/service and a leadership team that invests in developing their people. While healthcare constantly changes, athenahealth always seems to be a step ahead.

Cons

Not many cons. The biggest would have been the parking situation at the HQ in Watertown but they fixed that by putting in another big parking garage!

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on developing your people, building a positive culture and staying ahead of the changes in healthcare.

athenahealth2018-04-21
  1. "Great company, great mission"

I have been working at athenahealth

Pros

The culture is excellent, the people are very friendly, active, and outgoing The perks are similar to what you'd normally find in tech: bean bag chairs, beer fridges, massages, bringing your dog to work, etc.

Cons

Doesn't have the same brand recognition as other big-name tech companies, pay isn't quite as competitive (but definitely still very high)

athenahealth2015-09-13

"It's no longer "all about the people""

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at athenahealth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance Interesting and compelling problems to solve Unique office space Some really great teammates and direct managers

Cons

Constant reprioritization and regoranization of departments Lack of diversity - especially in leadership. We used to have quite a few women in high leadership positions (though our ethnic diversity in leadership has never been great.) Due to mysterious firings and changing of positions, we mostly have white men in leadership positions. Could be a pro if you are a white male. New management has changed the focus from...

Advice to Management

If you want employees to "act like owners" make them actual owners by compensating with stock. You are already losing the employees who care about people over products. Be prepared for a culture shift you may not like. Hire more diverse people into leadership positions. I wish things were the way they were 2 years ago when I joined.

athenahealth2017-09-13

Discover more reviews about athenahealth.