1. "great company to work for"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Watertown, MA

I have been working at athenahealth full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

strong culture with employee first focus great campus best in industry software w/ name brand recognition great place to start a sales career

Cons

some leadership turnover over years lack of upward mobility

1. "A passionate, innovative, and fantastic place to work. (Still)"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager

I have been working at athenahealth full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people; opportunity for creativity; dedicated culture and relatively high energy without unreasonable expectations; strong values of empathy; a lot of great leadership which includes industry leaders; actual opportunity to work for a good cause and not just another tech company; generally just a good place to work with an exceptional amount of grounded, empathetic people.

Cons

Old tech company, i.e. mix of modern and archaic technology which can create odd career pathing for engineers; some groups and organizations are inefficient for the business and still need to be reorganized; no longer tries to be trendy and cater to developers and engineering to keep young talent.

Continue reading
  2. "Great company"

5.0
    Current Intern - SWE Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at athenahealth for less than a year

Pros

I get paid to dress up like Adam Sandler (no dress code) and get taught by industry professional - what's not to love. Furthermore, as an intern my code actually goes into production and i have the opportunity to help doctors with my programming.

Cons

As an intern with only one other internship under my belt, I do not have any qualms. If I had more experience, maybe I would. The only thing I truly dislike is the hour tracker, which is prone to glitches.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about athenahealth.