Cover image for de Banke Group

de Banke Group

Engaged Employer

de Banke Group

Add a Review

An incredibly unique company - Patent Formalities Officer de Banke Group Employee Review

24 Aug 2022
      Patent Formalities Officer
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Small family-like team, who are all like-minded brilliant people. This contributes to the really friendly environment which makes coming to work a lovely place to be. - The whole teams ethos works on honesty – a great quality when it comes to helping each other achieve great work. - We all share a common goal, wanting to achieve something special by keeping our working standards high, to provide a fantastic service to our clients and working relationships within our network. - No one person is an island – everyone will try and help where possible if there is an issue, and the whole team pulls together when needed. - The office is situated in a wonderful countryside setting. - It can be very challenging work – this cannot be understated. Every person puts their all in, and it can be challenging for numerous reasons, volume of work, issues that arise where you are needed to find possible solutions either individually or as a team, out of the ordinary queries or spotting potential problems before they surface etc. With the right work ethic, this should feel challenging but exciting. Not all challenges are met with a great pay off at the end, but should still be felt as a very rewarding process – hard work also does not go unnoticed. - All areas of the company are self managed to an extent, where you will not be told what to do, or have set goals to achieve on a day to day basis. It is down to the individual to work off their own back, whilst communicating within the team. - No matter the role, each person has an opportunity to grow within the business which is very much supported by the CEO and team, whether that be through taking on more responsibilities, showing initiative, promotions etc. - The CEO is very present at work and works tirelessly everyday to improve the business. He has a very open and honest approach,. - Unreal food, including breakfast, lunches and snacks prepared by our highly qualified chefs, which includes a Michelin head chef. - Incredible parties and events organized by the CEO, put together to show a huge amount of appreciation for everyone’s hard work. This can include secret locations, huge surprises, awards for team members with insane prizes - to name a few elements that all team members have the huge pleasure of experiencing. - Unlimited holiday – self managed and if managed with care, is a huge benefit - Massively caring team and CEO – everyone has a kind ear and we all aim to look after one and other. - On site hair dressing services.

Cons

The below aren't necessarily cons if you enjoy a challenge. - Sometimes can feel quite pressurized due to the high quality of work and attention to detail needed on a daily basis. - Problems or projects could arise which would need to be resolved sometimes under short timescales and to a high standard. - If you do not like self-management, then there is no specific 'structure' to your day. - You may need to find potential problems and follow through to suggest/implement possible solutions. - There is no defined ‘tick box’ structure to training, or daily tasks. Training is provided and mapped out by the team on a case by case basis to ensure any individual learning any given process understands it thoroughly. - Working hours – if looking for a clock-in and clock-out type of roll with fixed hours then this is not for you. To accomplish great work as a team, sometimes it is needed to pull together or individually to work beyond a 'normal' working hours structure. - It can be difficult to switch off.

Other Employee Reviews

3 Oct 2023
        Fullstack Web Developer
        Former Employee, less than 1 year
        Varna
        Business Outlook

Pros

Very good at general. To work there

Cons

Very bad. I don't know this is very bad.

28 Jul 2022
          Formalities Officer
          Current Employee, more than 8 years
          Solihull, England
          Business Outlook

Pros

Much more than just a “job” with a team that really is just like a family. Everyone genuinely cares about each other with so much passion to do something extraordinary and to change the industry for the better. Roles are incredibly varied and whilst they can be very challenging, a huge amount of responsibility and trust is given to everyone, making the whole experience extremely rewarding and enjoyable. There are no rigid management structures which means there is a real sense of openness. Opinions are very much welcomed and everyone is valued. The MD genuinely cares for the well being of everyone. He is very approachable and works incredibly hard to support the team in whatever way he can. A fantastic office environment set in a countryside location with an array of super cool benefits such as onsite parking, top quality breakfast, lunch and supper, fortnightly hair stylist appointments and an unlimited holiday policy. No stuffy dress code and everyone is encouraged to just be themselves. If you are someone with a strong work ethic who really wants to LOVE going into work each day and has the desire to be part of something special then dBG will really not disappoint.

Cons

Trying to find people that want to do something extraordinary really is not easy, which means recruitment can be time consuming and challenging. Whilst extremely rewarding, the roles are very demanding and some have struggled with this due to life commitments. Therefore probably not for those who are after a 9-5 type “job” where switch off is always guaranteed.

Discover more reviews about de Banke Group.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Data Analyst

I’m new to this data analyst part of tech. I’m trying to break in but it’s been difficult. Can anyone help me with what to expect for interview questions for my position?

0 Comments

Digital Strategy Consultant

Is there an ‘active job seeker’ icon for recruiters on LinkedIn the way there is an ‘actively recruiting’ icon for job seekers?

5 Comments

Senior Resource Manager

Last Thursday and Friday I interviewed with 2 hiring managers for 2 different companies. Both of them said they’d like me to progress to the next interview and the recruiter would reach out. One company said they wanted a offer out this month so it would be a quick process. I sent thank you emails and references. I haven’t heard from either recruiter. I had the recruiter screening and hiring manager interview just days apart, I thought I’d hear back by now. Thoughts?!

3 Comments