"Wanna join a sinking ship?"

1.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Berlin
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at dunnhumby full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Note the review pertains only to the company's office in Berlin, Germany Things that used to define the company: - Colleagues with enthusiasm and high level of skills - An open and relaxed culture where you always feel welcome - A flat hierarchy where you are valued as a person and the skills you bring - Actively supporting open-source projects Things that still are in place - Regular social activities and events - Flexible working hours, albeit with time-sheet registration

Cons

Note the review pertains only to the company's office in Berlin, Germany - Corporate culture where you as an employee feel more like a sheep. - Strict hierarchies and top-down management make communication and decision processes achingly slow. - The wish to have "numbers" for everything is enforced by micro-management through cumbersome IT systems. - Mediocre salary - Few benefits besides salary - Dlang is a nice language with many advantages over C++. However one should consider that the community is small and very few companies use it. Thus moving into Dlang could affect future career opportunities negatively. - Developing new projects in Dlang is low priority which could lead to disappointment if the reason for applying is a deep interest in the language. - Though the high number of open positions might imply that the company is expanding, the reality is that the company is experiencing an employee exodus and management un-/intentionally is ignoring this and the reasons why.

Continue reading

dunnhumby Response

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your views. It's disappointing to read as it's not consistent with the environment or culture that we try to foster here at dunnhumby. We value our employees and we would welcome the opportunity to talk with you so we can better understand the issues you have raised. I encourage you, if you are comfortable doing so, to reach out directly to your HR Business partner with your ideas or concerns. We’re appreciative of all the points that you have raised and will also make sure they are shared appropriately as we are committed to continuous improvement.

1. "Love going to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at dunnhumby full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fantastic culture, work-life balance, and engaging colleagues

Cons

None to report for me

2. "Senior client lead"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Client Lead in Chicago, IL

I worked at dunnhumby full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good team spirits and young team

Cons

Sometime difficult to understand business direction

Discover more reviews about dunnhumby.