easyJet - Amazing place to work as a data scientist | Glassdoor.co.uk

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Amazing place to work as a data scientist"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Luton, East of England, England
Current Employee - Data Scientist in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fantastic, growing Data Science team with very smart but casual people. Everyone is easygoing. There are a lot of PhDs so there is a semi-academic research environment.

- Excellent work/life balance with the right amount of pressure to keep you on track but not to overstress you.

- Challenging and interesting projects with real impact on millions of passengers per month. One of the few cases that your work does change the world.

- Compensation is above the market average and the benefits are good, e.g, stuff travel, shares scheme, bike to work etc.

- The company overall has a very inspiring atmosphere. People dream big and there is this orange family vibe that truly makes you feel part of the organisation.

Cons

- If you decide to live in London, commuting can take between 30min and 1.5 hr.

- The current infrastructure is being upgraded and the building is being renovated. While it will be amazing in 2-3 years, currently it looks a bit old-fashioned.

- At the moment there are no complimentary drinks and fruits for employees although soon the company will introduce them.

Advice to Management

While the two genders are balanced in the company, the technical teams seem to have more males. While this is representative of the market, the management should try to attract more females in technical positions.

Keep up the good work and keep the communication channels with the team open. The team is growing rapidly so try no to lose this feat. It is what makes the team fantastic.

19 Sep 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi. First of all thank you for taking the time to leave this review & wow, what a lovely review it is! The pros you mention are exactly what we try to perceive ourselves as in the market so we are... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Good place to work in general"

Current Employee - Training Captain in Bristol, England
    Current Employee - Training Captain in Bristol, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Salary. Share schemes. Choice of bases. Career prog

Cons

Work very hard. Company can be take take take.

Advice to Management

Listen to your work force

10 Oct 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for your review. You make reference to several points that we are away of and are working hard to resolve; but I am also pleased to hear our benefits are a PRO for yo. Please... More

"great dynamic company with good opportunities"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Luton, East of England, England
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Support career aspirations and development

Cons

can be a little busy and a 40 hour week as standard

19 Sep 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for leaving your review. Please continue your hard work with us, and all the best for your career here.

Discover more reviews about easyJet.