"Great place, great people."

Current Employee - Strategist in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time

Pros

Great place to work thanks to a laid back ethos that comes from the management down to the staff. Everyone works hard and as a result we're treated like adults. From a personal stand point, I have been allowed to play to my strengths and I really feel like my on-going development is a priority. I am responsible for my own work day and I benefit from open and honest communication with the rest of my team.

Cons

I could see how someone used to a more rigid structure might struggle to keep themselves motivated. It needs to come from the individual because if you aren't pulling your weight you'll be found out.

Continue reading

April 28, 2016CEO

Thank you for the constructive feedback. We are working on doing more to ensure there is peer feedback and support/motivation on an ongoing basis so people don't feel there is a lack of direction. Like everything, a flat structure comes with it's own challenges but we are working through it.

"Proud to be a member of the team."

5.0

I have been working at hedgehog lab

Pros

Teamwork is second to none, with locations on several continents the ability to work as a cohesive unit is a testament to the culture developed by the leadership team. The holistic approach to making sure the best services are offered to each customer, instead of just pumping out development projects ensures that the customers are well served and the hedgehog brand is recognized for quality and integrity.

Cons

The only con, is that we operate in an industry with such broad levels of service, as well as quality and integrity, that we are often dealing with clients who are being mislead by lower price point offers from competitors, they lose sight of what is best for their project and only see cost not value.

August 8, 2016CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I feel your pain in relation to cheaper competitors who are selling snake oil but this is a problem the whole industry faces where the barrier to entry is low and clients have had bad experiences with previous organisations. Our mission is to educate our partners on good software development and work with them. This is an extension of our supportive and inclusive culture.

"Great people makes for great product."

Current Employee - U S Managing Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people. Great clients. Entrepreneurial spirit. Always looking at what's next and taking steps to work on those projects.

Cons

Strong growth leads to some pains as company size changes what we do and how we do it. Sometimes we try out too many technologies.

Continue reading

August 31, 2016CEO

Thanks for the feedback. I think the growing pains are inevitable as we add people at the rate of 5+ per month but hopefully this will stabilise. Very fair point about new technologies and this is perhaps a fallback from the founders' approach of constantly embracing change in a world where every new week there is a disruption that could up-end our business and the way we work. We are working on smoothing and solidifying this so as time goes by we will see less and less of this happening once processes are firmed up.

Discover more reviews about hedgehog lab.