hedgehog lab - A supportive, inclusive and exciting place to work | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
  • "Plenty of companies claim to put employees first, but Hedgehog Lab is the only one I have worked for that delivers on their promise" (in 18 reviews)

• "There is emphasis on work life balance so you can work stress free" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "No Cons to specify this is on of the best workplace for tension free , Nice work environment with good timings" (in 7 reviews)

• "It's very difficult to note any 'cons' here at hedgehog lab" (in 6 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"A supportive, inclusive and exciting place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at hedgehog lab part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- It's full of passionate friendly people and there is a strong emphasis on teamwork, helping each other out, and praise when you’ve done well.

- Flexibility and freedom when it comes to when and how you work; as long as you don't take the p*** and get your jobs done, it's all good!

- There is a genuine drive to ensure workplace inclusivity and a good culture, within the workplace. Plenty of social activities too!

- Exciting opportunities for career progression; management support your progress and ensure you aren't complacent; you will be encouraged to explore opportunities if you show interest in a certain topic.

- They learn from tough situations/mistakes and are honest about it.

- You get free breakfast, fruit and dart board access all day and beers after 3 on a Friday!

Cons

- An open plan office isn't for everyone BUT there are plenty of nooks, sofas and bean bags to plonk yourself on if you need to.

- You don't get to choose what you work on but that is the nature of an agency!

- I genuinely can't think of anything else!

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing. Growing as a company is a good thing but it comes with challenges - keep on keeping an eye on things :)

27 Sep 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback. All great points and something for us to reflect on.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Project Manager at Hedgehog Lab"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Newcastle, England
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Newcastle, England

I worked at hedgehog lab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great staff, driven, talented, hard working

Cons

Costs sometimes undersold to clients created friction.

Advice to Management

Temper expectations of both company and the clients.

17 Feb 2019 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback. I agree that in the past there were challenges with client expectations around costs and our estimation model. We have made a real effort to get this... More

"A Great Place for Learning & Growth"

Pros

- Small teams and close proximity to projects means your work has a big impact on the final product
    - Lots of opportunities to learn and develop new skills
    - Great culture, the people at hedgehog lab are awesome. Being new I’ve found everyone very welcoming and friendly.
    - No office politics
    - Upper management are very transparent about the goals and direction of the company

Cons

- Nothing I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing. The culture of evaluating what you can do better then just doing it from an individual level up to a company wide level is taking the company in an exciting direction.

2 Jul 2018 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Discover more reviews about hedgehog lab.