hedgehog lab - A supportive, inclusive and exciting place to work | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
  • "Plenty of companies claim to put employees first, but Hedgehog Lab is the only one I have worked for that delivers on their promise" (in 18 reviews)

• "There is emphasis on work life balance so you can work stress free" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "No Cons to specify this is on of the best workplace for tension free , Nice work environment with good timings" (in 7 reviews)

• "It's very difficult to note any 'cons' here at hedgehog lab" (in 6 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"A supportive, inclusive and exciting place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at hedgehog lab part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- It's full of passionate friendly people and there is a strong emphasis on teamwork, helping each other out, and praise when you’ve done well.

- Flexibility and freedom when it comes to when and how you work; as long as you don't take the p*** and get your jobs done, it's all good!

- There is a genuine drive to ensure workplace inclusivity and a good culture, within the workplace. Plenty of social activities too!

- Exciting opportunities for career progression; management support your progress and ensure you aren't complacent; you will be encouraged to explore opportunities if you show interest in a certain topic.

- They learn from tough situations/mistakes and are honest about it.

- You get free breakfast, fruit and dart board access all day and beers after 3 on a Friday!

Cons

- An open plan office isn't for everyone BUT there are plenty of nooks, sofas and bean bags to plonk yourself on if you need to.

- You don't get to choose what you work on but that is the nature of an agency!

- I genuinely can't think of anything else!

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing. Growing as a company is a good thing but it comes with challenges - keep on keeping an eye on things :)

27 Sep 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback. All great points and something for us to reflect on.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"A Great Place for Learning & Growth"

Pros

- Small teams and close proximity to projects means your work has a big impact on the final product
    - Lots of opportunities to learn and develop new skills
    - Great culture, the people at hedgehog lab are awesome. Being new I’ve found everyone very welcoming and friendly.
    - No office politics
    - Upper management are very transparent about the goals and direction of the company

Cons

- Nothing I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing. The culture of evaluating what you can do better then just doing it from an individual level up to a company wide level is taking the company in an exciting direction.

2 Jul 2018 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback.

"Good – working towards being great."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly the best company I have worked for to-date.

A friendly, relaxed and hardworking working atmosphere where teams consistently do their best.

A solid management/leadership team that is pulling everything in the right direction.

Freedom to make decisions and act on opportunities.

Cons

If I have to list a 'con' it would be the fact that teams are we're working in two offices in the Newcastle HQ. Hardly a negative but I would love to see the two office spaces joined up sooner rather than later.

Advice to Management

Keep on heading in the right direction, share knowledge and create the best working environment anyone could wish for.

25 Jun 2018 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. We are working on the 2 "office" challenge in Newcastle

Discover more reviews about hedgehog lab.