"Enjoying work for the first time since my teenage years"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time for less than a year

Pros

Worked for huge corporate machines my entire life, opinion never valued beyond filling in a yearly form that no doubt got binned before passing go. The difference I now see at hedgehog is phenomenal, doesn't matter what the job title is, everyone has input here. It's a great culture to be part of, help always always available from all departments.

Cons

No real on site parking

September 4, 2019CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It's a huge privilege & responsibility to hear we can build a place that allows you to enjoy your work for the first time since your teenage years. We hope to ensure we keep that trust and continue to deliver satisfaction.

"Proud to be a member of the team."

5.0

I have been working at hedgehog lab

Pros

Teamwork is second to none, with locations on several continents the ability to work as a cohesive unit is a testament to the culture developed by the leadership team. The holistic approach to making sure the best services are offered to each customer, instead of just pumping out development projects ensures that the customers are well served and the hedgehog brand is recognized for quality and integrity.

Cons

The only con, is that we operate in an industry with such broad levels of service, as well as quality and integrity, that we are often dealing with clients who are being mislead by lower price point offers from competitors, they lose sight of what is best for their project and only see cost not value.

August 8, 2016CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I feel your pain in relation to cheaper competitors who are selling snake oil but this is a problem the whole industry faces where the barrier to entry is low and clients have had bad experiences with previous organisations. Our mission is to educate our partners on good software development and work with them. This is an extension of our supportive and inclusive culture.

"Great people makes for great product."

Current Employee - U S Managing Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people. Great clients. Entrepreneurial spirit. Always looking at what's next and taking steps to work on those projects.

Cons

Strong growth leads to some pains as company size changes what we do and how we do it. Sometimes we try out too many technologies.

Continue reading

August 31, 2016CEO

Thanks for the feedback. I think the growing pains are inevitable as we add people at the rate of 5+ per month but hopefully this will stabilise. Very fair point about new technologies and this is perhaps a fallback from the founders' approach of constantly embracing change in a world where every new week there is a disruption that could up-end our business and the way we work. We are working on smoothing and solidifying this so as time goes by we will see less and less of this happening once processes are firmed up.

Discover more reviews about hedgehog lab.