phs Group - An insider's view of Finance at PHS | Glassdoor.co.uk

Employee Review

Employee Review

"An insider's view of Finance at PHS"

Former Employee - Project Accountant in Caerphilly, Wales
Former Employee - Project Accountant in Caerphilly, Wales

I worked at phs Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive manager
Really friendly staff - especially at PHS Teacrate
Great on the job training
Work hours are fairly low, which helps with work life balance
Free lunch in the Caerphilly canteen
Car allowance / company car

Cons

Compensation and benefits are on the low side but improving
Role involved travelling (4 days in every 4 week period)
Occasional Sunday work in my specific role (2 hours)

Advice to Management

The role I did was a really great training role and my manager was really supportive and should be commended.
Pensions and other benefits such as maternity/paternity/sick are at the bare minimum by law. I know it would be expensive, but It might help display that you care about your employees by increasing some of these above the statutory minimum.
Encourage flexible working / working from home to help with employee satisfaction

23 Oct 2018 – Mark - phs team

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate all feedback. It's great to hear that you had a supportive manager, we'll make sure to pass your review over to our senior... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Brief experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company car
    Paid petrol
    Work phone, laptop and printer
    Manage your day according to meetings
    Local depot for work

Cons

Not an easy job to do
    Cold calling
    Door to door

Advice to Management

If you’re used to a sales environment it’s a good experience and career path to choose but you also have to have a passion for the products and drive in order to be able to sell washroom services as people don’t tend to change those very often.

19 Oct 2018 – Mark - phs team

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Great to hear your feedback. It's great if people are passionate when they join us, and we provide training on all of our products to get you... More

2. "Challenging, Rewarding and Worth a Second Look!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in London, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Now is the best time ever to work at PHS.
    We have a new senior leadership team and there are now more opportunities than there were before to develop your career and enhance your professional skill set.
    I am really proud to represent the business and would encourage anyone who wants to contribute to achieving greatness to take a closer look at a career at PHS.

Cons

It's taken a while to get to this point so the journey has been a challenging one. The difference now is that we have a clear vision and plan to get to where we want to as a business and that provides hope and fuels determination and commitment to the goal.

Advice to Management

Considering the feedback from those at the cliff face of the business as change is being regarded and implemented. Our new senior leadership team have done just this and I truly believe that the new direction that PHS are taking is the best we have to date. I'm excited about the journey we are on and the vision to remain #1 is clear. The ability to be instrumental in this evolution is remarkable and I'm grateful for the opportunity to make a positive difference at the heart of the business .

17 Oct 2018 – Mark - phs team

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are really pleased to hear you feel proud to represent phs and that you feel we have a clear vision. We have worked really hard on... More

Discover more reviews about phs Group.