1. "Best company I worked for"

5.0
    Former Employee - IT Business Partner in Caerphilly, Wales

I worked at phs Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked at PHS for 6 years and have recently retired after 40 years work. On reflection, and considering the companies that I have worked at over these years, then I have to say that PHS comes top of my list for providing an efficient working environment. The people, the processes and the company structure are all designed to satisfy both customers and employees i.e. it is a company that is very close to achieving the ideal balance within a workplace. I experienced much change during my time with PHS, and on leaving the organisation, I believe it to be a dynamic, and practical company. PHS has recently made great leaps in providing a technology platform that I consider to be world class, efficient, and one that supports both customer and employees with the objective of providing positive outcomes for all concerned. The workforce within PHS is without doubt the most professional, friendly and efficient set of co-workers that I experienced through my 40 years of working at various high profile organisations. The technology platform continues to be improved, and is an indication of the professionalism and expertise within the IT department. I consider this to be a great organisation that provides employees with an opportunity to learn, perform, and help grow the company.

Cons

There may be certain functions within the organisation that require more manpower in order to attain a higher level of effective performance. The impact of extreme re-organisation and technology upgrades can sometimes have an unsettling effect on employees. But the upside of this is that it is evidence that the company is prepared to continually adapt itself to an ever-changing market.

phs Group2019-05-06

May 7, 2019People Team

Hello, thanks for leaving such a detailed and balance review. I.T and Infrastructure is a key part of the 3 year strategy we have in place. We will continue to make a difference in our sector.

1. "Marketing and Admin Intern"

5.0

I worked at phs Group full-time

Pros

If you want to see hard work, loyalty and perseverance, look no further than the employees of PHS Group. I am from Caerphilly, South Wales, where the head office is based, and did work experience there when I was 16, again when I was 18 and then a further two more times as an administration and marketing intern at ages 19 and 20. They were flexible, supportive and encouraged me to explore a diverse range of activities within the company. I was first introduced to PHS through my mum, who is their longest serving employee having worked there an incredible 43 years. She is emblematic of the loyal and hardworking culture at PHS, as well as the dedication to the progeny of the company. I’ve grown up knowing many of the head office employees, who are all lovely individuals and care genuinely about the company’s prosperity. I have been lucky to have such role models in my working life. After working at PHS that first summer, the experience and expertise I gained there made me a better administrator, organiser and increased my confidence when liaising with staff and clients alike. In addition, I have always been paid fairly for my work and that income assisted me in financing my expenses during university. In 2014 I left Wales to pursue my undergraduate degree at an Ivy League University in America, where I secured two campus jobs using my experience at PHS to bolster my application. Even now as I look for post-graduate employment, I am frequently asked in interviews about PHS and the skills I gained in data analysis, marketing and general administration.

Cons

None, I had a very positive experience.

phs Group2018-06-16

June 18, 2018Mark - phs team

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear that you had such a great experience in phs which sounds like has helped in your working life. It's so good to hear this. Hopefully your review will go someway in helping others with their decision making to join us. We will make sure we pass on your feedback to management. We wish you all the best in your future and hope you'll keep sharing your positive phs experience. Thanks again.

"Over worked being pushed too hard"

2.0
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

None as they just push and push for more productivity and less respect for the employee

Cons

360 routing system is rubbish, new CEO is pushing service drivers too hard to cover too much productivity we are all exhausted and heading towards burnout.

phs Group2019-03-24

March 27, 2019People Team

Hi, thank you for leaving us a review. We are disappointed to read your comments and that you felt you couldn't think of any pros of working at phs. We have forwarded your comments through to the senior management team. Thanks again for your comments

Discover more reviews about phs Group.