Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Employee

Management not looking after the wellbeing of their service drivers

4 Jun 2021 - Service Driver in Laindon, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to take the van home

Cons

Drivers are overloaded everyday with too many customer jobs and nobody above the depot managers are interested in the well being of their manual service drivers. The 360 scheduling software is terrible and sends you zig sagging all over the place. All I keep hearing is the company is dedicated to the well being of the staff but the management are not considering the well being of the drivers. (PHS) Stop keep waisting time asking for more information from our reviews and actually start looking into this issue with the CEO and his chiefs. Since changing to Liner bin service it has got really bad. Do not join this company as a service driver until you see some good reviews about drivers who look after the customers who pay PHS managers their wages make it better.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Resourcing Manager

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to hear about your experience. Whilst I appreciate you feel us asking for more information is wasting time, at times we can't make senior management aware of specific issues without understanding more. To understand more about your concerns related to the 360 scheduling software, I would need to ask for more information. We do work hard to look after the wellbeing of our teams, including offering access to a 24 hour wellbeing helpline to support those that want and need it. Whilst I appreciate you are frustrated with this being asked, I would value the opportunity to understand more about your experience to ensure it's passed on to the right people. Please do feel free to contact me. Thank you again, Henry Field Group Resourcing Manager HenryField@phs.co.uk

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Marketing and Admin Intern

16 Jun 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you want to see hard work, loyalty and perseverance, look no further than the employees of PHS Group. I am from Caerphilly, South Wales, where the head office is based, and did work experience there when I was 16, again when I was 18 and then a further two more times as an administration and marketing intern at ages 19 and 20. They were flexible, supportive and encouraged me to explore a diverse range of activities within the company. I was first introduced to PHS through my mum, who is their longest serving employee having worked there an incredible 43 years. She is emblematic of the loyal and hardworking culture at PHS, as well as the dedication to the progeny of the company. I’ve grown up knowing many of the head office employees, who are all lovely individuals and care genuinely about the company’s prosperity. I have been lucky to have such role models in my working life. After working at PHS that first summer, the experience and expertise I gained there made me a better administrator, organiser and increased my confidence when liaising with staff and clients alike. In addition, I have always been paid fairly for my work and that income assisted me in financing my expenses during university. In 2014 I left Wales to pursue my undergraduate degree at an Ivy League University in America, where I secured two campus jobs using my experience at PHS to bolster my application. Even now as I look for post-graduate employment, I am frequently asked in interviews about PHS and the skills I gained in data analysis, marketing and general administration.

Cons

None, I had a very positive experience.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Mark - phs team

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear that you had such a great experience in phs which sounds like has helped in your working life. It's so good to hear this. Hopefully your review will go someway in helping others with their decision making to join us. We will make sure we pass on your feedback to management. We wish you all the best in your future and hope you'll keep sharing your positive phs experience. Thanks again.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Over worked being pushed too hard

24 Mar 2019 - Field Service Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

None as they just push and push for more productivity and less respect for the employee

Cons

360 routing system is rubbish, new CEO is pushing service drivers too hard to cover too much productivity we are all exhausted and heading towards burnout.

2 people found this review helpful

People Team

Hi, thank you for leaving us a review. We are disappointed to read your comments and that you felt you couldn't think of any pros of working at phs. We have forwarded your comments through to the senior management team. Thanks again for your comments

Discover more reviews about phs Group.