wagamama - General Manager | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at wagamama full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company to work for, I have been with Wagamama for over 14 years and still in love with the company values and culture. We have created an atmosphere where our staff wants to come to work rather than they have to. we win together and we lose together

Cons

As yet we don't have senior managers annual celebration, but it is on the way as we are developing in USA

wagamama2017-06-26
  1. "Knee deep in the Ramen."

Current Employee - Kitchen Assistant in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at wagamama full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast Paced learning as you go. Free food for lunches. great hours of work.

Cons

Organised chaos , too many times left to work things out for yourself, unnecessary pressure and unhelpful comments from experienced team members when your not sure of processes or when left to do something for the first time without being shown how to do things and then being made to feel bad because the shift is running behind.

Advice to Management

Better training for all staff! New staff to be shown the layout of their restaurant and for experienced members of the team to work as shadows with new starters to assist when setting up food prep in the mornings and have an understanding attitude that things wont go right first time.

wagamama2019-09-07

wagamama Response

September 10, 2019

hi there, thanks so much for leaving your review + we're so pleased to hear that you're enjoying your time with the wagamama family :) we appreciate the feedback that you have also provided + be sure to speak with your line manager should you wish to raise any concerns many thanks ...

2. "high support, high challenge"

Current Employee - General Manager in Derby, England

I have been working at wagamama full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

the people, the free food, competitive salary, development opportunities, challenge,

Cons

honestly none you shouldn't expect in this industry; 48 hour contracted work week, weekend working,

Advice to Management

reducing to a 40-45 hour work week will improve results

wagamama2019-08-27

wagamama Response

August 29, 2019

hey there, thanks for such a positive review, it's really great to hear that you enjoy being part of the wagamama family! we wish you the very best for the future. wagamama recruitment team :)

Discover more reviews about wagamama.