Enable International Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2022

Found 77 of over 77 reviews

3.9
Enable International Managing Director Andrew Butt (no image)
Andrew Butt

60 Comments

Tech

234.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Enable International~1828669
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

A high performance culture driven to excellence

Jun 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The ambition of the company, the goals we're working towards, the standards we're striving for, and the pace we're moving, make it an incredibly challenging and exciting place of work. The leaders in the business prioritise the well-being of employees. The efforts of the people team, the existing and new benefits, training opportunities, and the commitment to high-quality equipment, office spaces and environments, evidence this. Great talent is being hired into the organisation to fuel growth and excellence. This drives improvements and offers learning opportunities for longer-standing team members. And everyone's nice too!

Cons

Determination and the will to succeed are a must. The fast pace isn't for everyone. The rate of growth does create uncertainty - but that's the flipside to working in a challenging and exciting organization that's going places.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to start your career

Jun 20, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good starting salary & benefits including free office food - People are really friendly and willing to help you learn - Feedback is encouraged and taken onboard (hence my review) - The exciting atmosphere as the company grows at such a rapid pace - No expectation of overtime - Travel opportunities (Toronto, Miami, Australia...)

Cons

- It can be difficult to be excited about the nature of the work, and there are more exciting things to work on elsewhere. - Although the starting salary is good for someone with no experience, the talented engineers that we train will be able to command a much higher salary remotely at a London-based company within 2-3 years of experience. - Equity isn't distributed fairly - If you joined after the stock split, you will receive half the equity as someone who joined before it, even though you may be contributing just as much, or more than them. Equity should be based purely on performance, not arbitrary joining dates.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company to start your career

Jun 11, 2022 - Software Engineer in Stratford-upon-Avon, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good initial training Hires graduates straight out of Uni Never expected to work outside of office hours in engineering Great people and culture Good starting salary

Cons

Still not very transparent about engineering salary Not a huge amount of opportunity for progression past senior engineer if you dont want to be a lead. 40 hours a week is a quite a lot Does not offer paid time off for doctors appointments and the pension contributions are the minimum allowable. Still have to support legacy and custom systems

Founder & CEO

Thank you for your feedback! Great to hear you’re having a great people and culture experience. Our People team is always for looking for ways to better the employee experience in everything from transparency and career progression to office experience. Please reach out to them directly if you’re comfortable. They would love to hear more about what else we could do to make your Enable experience great.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent job opportunity for new graduates

Jun 8, 2022 - Trainee Software Engineer in Stratford-upon-Avon, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good starting salary (£35,000) Supportive management Opportunities to switch departement, or even work abroad Excellent work life balance. I have never had to stay past 5:30pm on a workday. Friendly environment with regular social events Lots of career opportunities as far as I can tell Free catering

Cons

Can only start working from home after 6 months. Can only work from home a maximum of 2 days a week (measured monthly)

Founder & CEO

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you’ve had a positive experience at Enable thus far. Keep up the feedback loop!

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast paced and a great working atmosphere

Jun 9, 2022 - Business Development Representative (BDR) in Stratford-upon-Avon, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Enable is a fast growing company with great opportunities for internal and personal growth. You are rewarded for performance and attitude, and even with no sales experience, the role is a great starting point for a career in revenue. The opportunity for travel within the role is also great. In my first 6 months, I've been flown out to experience Enable first user conference in Miami!

Cons

Like any sales role, it is very driven by numbers, which can impact your ability for growth and have swings and roundabouts based on trends with prospects. Your AE pairing can greatly impact how well you perform, affecting your ability to hit your targets/quota. There have been a few cases where things in your contract have been overlooked, such as some areas of the benefits scheme.

3 people found this review helpful

Founder & CEO

Thanks for the feedback! Enable truly is a rocket ship of a business – I’m glad to hear you’ve seen such success already! I’m concerned to hear about any benefit gap or possible oversight. I strongly encourage you to reach out to the People team at people@enable.com, or our Head of People (Alex Genetti) urgently. We’ll make sure to get anything sorted.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A good first job

Jun 6, 2022 - Software Engineer in Stratford-upon-Avon, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

As engineers, we tend to see all the problems with the product (as we are the people that fix them after all!) and we tend to use it in test environments which run much slower and less stable. The product is used and well liked by customers. For validation, this can be seen by looking for online reviews of the product. The core of Enable has been around for quite a few years now and is rather stable. --- The company is expanding at a very rapid pace, even throughout COVID where most companies scaled back. For the time being this means there is a lot of job security. --- Enable hires people with little to no previous experience of software engineering. These engineers get up to speed very fast. You'll find you will work on a lot more technologies and different areas of the product in Enable rather than joining a larger company - I think this is great for people starting out. --- Starting compensation is good, though it should be noted Stratford-Upon-Avon is not cheap to live in. The stock options given (to all employees) have the potential to be worth quite a bit in a few years (low 6 figures). Due to the fact the company is growing so much, career development (and therefore pay increases) are basically guaranteed. --- The engineering team all get along well. I would describe the office atmosphere as casual and where my team is located there is plenty of time for conversation (about work or not!). There are things to do at lunch and we have regular pub trips (along with the regular company wide social events). There is very little drama in the engineering team.

Cons

I would like to point out that whilst there are certainly areas to improve on, as a first job (which it is for most of the reviews you will read on Enable's Glassdoor) it makes it hard to compare to other jobs apart from discussing with other people. --- You'll work longer hours than a lot of people. Expect to work 8:30-5:30 Monday-Friday with an hour lunch. That's in reality 45 hours a week in the office (you can take half lunches to make it 42.5 hours). Most of my friends seem to have 40 or 37.5 hour weeks in the office. An extra 5 hours at home every week really makes a difference. --- Enable have a 2 days at home per week WFH policy (after you have passed probation). Most calls end up being on Teams anyway so it is pretty much pointless requiring people to be in the office. --- Enable used to do bespoke work for other customers before becoming focused on their own product. Some perks of the engineering team have slipped since becoming more product focused: - training time has been drastically reduced for employees past their training period. - there is no formal research into new tech any more. These tasks made for nice downtime from the continuous stream of work that is thrown our way. I think preventing employee burnout needs a bit more focus from the company. It would also be good to be able to train in topics not yet used by the company, as a way to stay up to date in a rapidly changing industry. --- With regards to compensation I believe there is very little incentive for working harder within the engineering team. If you can hit the 100% productivity target (typically done in a year) nobody will expect much more from you. Pay needs to be more transparent still - I think a stretch goal for the company would be to have published salary bands for each role. It would be good to separate performance and inflation based raises. For me, this will be especially important this year where inflation is at a high. --- Laptops slow down day-to-day work (we have some very large solutions and databases). Life would be much quicker and less frustrating with a desktop. Local builds, database copies, and tests are all examples where having some more processing power would really help. We do these tasks very often. --- Recently, to celebrate hitting goals there was an all expenses paid holiday for some of the sales team and some high level people from other teams. Obviously this was kept rather quiet to everyone else who did not get such perks whilst still having to work towards the next goals!

5 people found this review helpful

Founder & CEO

Thank you for sharing this incredibly thoughtful review. We take every review seriously. We’d love to learn more about your experience. If you’re open to it, reach out me directly (or the People team at people@enable.com) so we can discuss how to make our current and future employee experiences better.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Micromanagement perfected

Jun 4, 2022 - Software Engineer in Stratford-upon-Avon, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Recruits graduates with little to no work experience, as long as they are smart and willing to learn. - Good starting salary for a first job in software engineering.

Cons

- I was lucky enough to have worked on some interesting projects at Enable prior to their product focused shift. I took pride in helping develop software which improved the train travel experience for people with disabilities. It was hard to go from that to rebate management, which will often make you question why you do this for a living. - Expect to have every single hour of your work day accounted for via a home-grown, state-of-the-art work allocation system ("Dashboard"). - Expect to have your work day (9 hours) planned by someone else ahead of time, and not have any of the time you spend helping others or informally discussing technical problems accounted for. - As training time also ends up in the work allocation system, training videos and tutorials which are longer than the allocated time are recommended to be sped up to 1.2x the normal speed. Because one learns better when the learning material comes faster of course! - The work allocation system has influenced the behaviour of the software engineering team as a whole. Everyone robotically stops working at 12:00 on the dot to take their one hour lunch (and not a second longer) before getting back to their desk to complete the remainder of their tasks. Slightly surreal.

2 people found this review helpful

Founder & CEO

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback! We’re very proud of our graduate hiring program. Many of our graduate hires have progressed well through Enable and are now managing their own teams. Understandably, the shift from Enable’s bespoke model to that of a fast growing, venture backed software company was a big one. We’re aiming high, and we’re doing our best to make sure our teams aren’t overloaded. We’d love to hear any personalized feedback you’d be willing to share about your experience. Don’t hesitate to reach out to myself, or the People team at people@enable.com

8. 2.0
    Current Employee

Not the right place for woman in tech

Jun 1, 2022 - Junior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Starting salary is good. - People are friendly. - Job comes with a lot of benefits.

Cons

- They take down negative reviews (this will be taken down soon, so please screenshot) - As a woman, your career progress is noticeably slower than your male peers. - There’s lots of boyish banter in the office. - The software is actually not very good, it’s extremely slow and full of bugs. - Support days aren’t fun. - I’ve been told fewer than 15% of our customers actually use the system to calculate their rebate.

Head of People

Hello, and thank you for the honest feedback. We welcome any and all feedback, in any form we can get it! As we scale to support even more customers there will be some growing pains. We’re very proud of our customer health scores and onboarding successes – I’m sure you’ve seen that acceleration in the last 6 months! One of our People goals is for everyone to feel they belong at Enable – feel free to ping me or email me directly at alex.genetti@enablecom, or at people@enable.com to chat further. I’d love to understand as much as I can about your journey so far and where we can help raise the bar. – Alexandria Genetti.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

The best and last company I will ever work for

Mar 17, 2022 - Customer Success Manager (CSM) in Stratford-upon-Avon, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture here is exceptional. Hard work is always recognised and rewarded, processes are clear and extremely well supported by home grown tech. The benefits package and pay are amazing.

Cons

Nothing not to be expected from a company growing at this insane pace.

10 people found this review helpful

Founder & CEO

We appreciate your review. Thank you for taking the time. We agree that some of our policies need re-thinking as we scale, this is top of mind for the Leadership team, as well. Each of our teams works exceptionally hard, and our happy customer base is just one testament to the great work our CS team does on a daily basis. Keep up the great work!

10. 5.0

Great place to grow

Apr 4, 2022 - Business Development Representative (BDR) in Stratford-upon-Avon, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great progression Great working environment People care.

Cons

Hyper growth growing pains, but nothing really bad

3 people found this review helpful

Founder & CEO

Thanks for your feedback – and glad to hear you’ve had a positive experience through Enable’s hyper growth.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 77 Reviews

Enable International Reviews FAQs

Enable International has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 77 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Enable International to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Enable International employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Enable International. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

80% of Enable International employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Enable International 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Enable International Job Seekers