Enable International Reviews in Stratford-upon-Avon, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

Enable International Stratford-upon-Avon Reviews

Updated 11 Aug 2019

Found 7 reviews

4.9
Enable International CEO Andrew Butt (no image)
Andrew Butt

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Stratford-upon-Avon, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Enable International full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Friendly and welcoming company culture. - comprehensive training schedule for new starters. - Lots of support for career development from management. - Many of the Enable’s software solutions are now built with a modern tech stack which is enjoyable to develop with. - Modern air conditioned offices which are nice to work in. - Monthly company funded socials. - Weekly company funded sporting events.

Cons

- Remote working opportunities are very limited. - Working hours could be made more flexible. Currently you have to arrange your working hours with your line manager ahead of time.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if the company did more for the environment.

Enable International2019-08-11
  2. "A company that is really going places"

Former Employee - Senior Software Architect in Stratford-upon-Avon, England

I worked at Enable International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I worked at Enable for 8 years and felt part of a dedicated team that was well supported by management. We were creating software solutions using the best tools and engineering practices. I left the company to start my own business which was a tough decision to make. The management understood my reasoning, offered their support and told me I would be welcome to return any time. It was hugely reassuring to part on... such good terms and I will never forget their great attitude. Enable is a company that is growing fast and is really going places.

Cons

Honestly, there is no downside that I can think of...

Advice to Management

Please continue to have faith in your people.

Enable International2019-07-07
  3. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Stratford-upon-Avon, England

I have been working at Enable International full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The ability to focus. Developers never have to communicate directly with clients, and projects are carefully scoped and scheduled meaning no crunch time and clear goals. Additionally there is a clear delineation between days on project and days working on support (generally 4 days on project, 1 day on support), so development doesn't need to drop everything when a support ticket comes in. - Regular one-to-one... time with management are provided, and feedback is listened to and acted upon, no matter your level in the company. - Time is regularly committed for skills development. In particular for new developers there is generally little expectation of prior experience, and always new opportunities to develop skills further. - No expectation or culture of overtime - I have never had to stay late since I started. - A friendly team culture where everybody is willing to help and share knowledge. - Free lunch! - Good social events, both during lunch hour and after work - often at least partially paid for by the company. - Supports charities through regular dress-down days and other one-off events.

Cons

- Working hours can be quite long (8:30 - 5:30), although no overtime required means you get to leave work on time. - Limited opportunities for remote working (currently only 3 days a year). - Could do more to be environmentally friendly.

Advice to Management

Enable has a great company culture, and it is important to ensure that this culture doesn't get sacrificed as the company looks to grow further.

Enable International2019-04-28
  4. "A welcoming and organised company that is always striving for quality"

Current Employee - Junior Software Developer in Stratford-upon-Avon, England

I have been working at Enable International full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Enable straight after university, coming from a non-development background. Despite this, the comprehensive training program allowed me to start on project work after just a few weeks. The training period included daily workshops with members of the team, as well as enjoyable programming challenges that incorporate the technologies that we use in our solutions. There is a good balance between project... work and other activities - be it additional training or support work. All tasks go through a time estimation process before being assigned, so generally there is always a good amount of work to do in a day, not too little or too much. This allows us to always deliver projects on time to a high standard with minimal stress. The team is friendly and approachable, and are always willing to answer questions. In my time with Enable, there isn't anyone I've had difficulty working with. There is good communication between team members when on project, with morning stand-ups to ensure we are all know what work we are doing. There is a definite push for Enable employees to strike a good work life balance. Employees are encouraged to work for the time that their contract stipulates and not to work late. In addition, taking shorter lunch breaks to leave earlier, for example, is allowed on an ad-hoc basis. Throughout the year, there are regular social events. There are regular board and video game evenings, as well as larger monthly socials. At lunchtimes, there are groups playing video and board games. As well as this, there are monthly dress-down days and other charitable fundraisers, for which the company also contributes. The office is a relaxing place to work in. Each employee has plenty of space at their desk; the furniture is comfortable to use for long periods of time; there is plenty of light and airflow throughout the building.

Cons

Some of the older solutions use outdated technologies which can be frustrating to work with.

Advice to Management

It would be good to see more done to reduce the environmental footprint of the company. For example, using energy from renewable sources, buying less individually wrapped food, having more plant-based and less meat options at lunch, encouraging cycling/car share/public transport.

Enable International2019-04-23
  5. "Excellent, Ambitious company with lots of opportunity."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stratford-upon-Avon, England

I have been working at Enable International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast growing company with a great product. Great management and Ethos and real good career opportunity!

Cons

Only recently has opened up to remote working.

Advice to Management

Keep Going!

Enable International2019-04-18
  6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Stratford-upon-Avon, England

I have been working at Enable International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

One of the very best companies in terms of career development, especially for graduates. They pay really well, and the whole team is of a particularly high calibre so there's a lot of on the job learning as well as dedicated training/CPD.

Cons

Hard work is expected. Deadlines are quite tight and must be hit. The company doesn't do late project delivery.

Advice to Management

Keep the standards high as demand increases. It would be a big mistake to let this slip in the rush to recruit more and more staff.

Enable International2017-12-30
  7. "Enable"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Stratford-upon-Avon, England

I worked at Enable International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive pay, nice office, good training, good amount of holiday, great social events, mostly a nice bunch to work with, free lunch, snacks and drinks, the work and company is efficient and well organised.

Cons

None of the standard white collar benefits i.e, private health insurance, no sick pay other than statutory, they will expect there ‘pound of flesh’ for there competitive salary with timed work, some ego issues in middle management, obscene use of bootcamped macs constantly causing issues.

Advice to Management

Ditch the macs.

Enable International2017-10-11