Enterprise Branch Rental Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Enterprise Branch Rental Manager Reviews

Updated 4 Jun 2019

Found 13 reviews

4.2
  1. "Branch Rental Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working with great people who are ambitious, driven and motivated to succeed. Lots of opportunity for progression & earnings potential. Ground up approach to recruitment. All employees start as Management Trainee and work their way up through the company. Great support and training provided. Fun and engaging working environment

Cons

Regularly facing the same challenges with regards to fleet and not having access to enough vehicles to match demand. This can result in poor work-life balance due to working late trying to ensure every customer gets a vehicle.

Advice to Management

My advice for all management is to keep your promises to staff & ensure you invest the time in their development

Enterprise2018-01-13
  2. "Fun until you get stuck!"

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun place to work, progression is measurable and achievable

Cons

Very long hours, pay structure is poor, hierarchy often don't have the answers to influences that impact personal circumstances, use reports as a sure fire way of promotion regardless of experience!

Advice to Management

Utilise the staff more that are currently in the business.

Enterprise2018-07-25
  3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in London, England

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Meritocracy, constant progression opportunities, varied work tasks (everyday different)

Cons

hours can be long if you lose sight of your end goal

Advice to Management

Take charge of your own career, progress as quickly or steadily as you like and take any opportunities available to work at different locations to gain greater experience.

Enterprise2017-10-19
  4. "Branch Rental Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Fast progression opportunities - Enterprise is keen for you to work hard and get promoted as quickly as you would like to. I have been with the company for just over three years and I am Branch Manager of one of the biggest locations in the country. 2. Long term career goals - From day one you are fully immersed in the day to day operations of running a business. You are afforded the opportunity to roadmap your...

Cons

Working hours - you are expected to work hard and occasionally stay late. This is as a result of our commitment to customers and our determination to ensure we are the best company to work for and the best place to rent a car from. The benefits more than outweigh this because you get out what you put in and if you're willing to work hard the opportunities for you are limitless.

Advice to Management

Teamwork and development of employees is the most important thing.

Enterprise2017-09-20

"Life - You Get Out What You Put In"

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Undoubtably the speed of progression - I have gone from entry level trainee to Branch Manager in less than 2 years. I'm well paid for the work I do. The on the job training - you are actually managing people from very early in your career - you are well supported by those around you and during structured training. You don't realise how much you've learned till you look back

Cons

As per the title - Enterprise doesn't make it any secret at any point in the 5 stage recruitment process what this role entails - this is not a 9-5 desk job. The recruitment process is there to find a two-way fit - this site is littered with people for whom that isn't the case. You are very much the driver of your own career, if you are focused and determined on where you want to go then you will succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting the rental branches through regular training. Keep the current recruitment focus.

Enterprise2017-07-19

"Inspiring Business"

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Aberdeen, Scotland

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Progression is at your own rate, so for those wanting to move their career along fast its ideal. I have found myself in a Branch managers role within 16 months. There is so much support around you to help develop your weaknesses and improve your strengths to become the best you can be. The interaction from management to ensure that you have a healthy work life balance is amazing to see, so you can be the best at work...

Cons

None during my career so far. Those who seem to have a number of complaints are those that were never fully engaged in the company. This isnt a job, its a career.

Advice to Management

Keep looking out for those starting their careers and looking to push themselves forward. Keep engagement high and continue the rewarding that goes on in the company relating to performance.

Enterprise2017-02-11
  7. "Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Poole, England

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Career progression, development, benefits, uncapped commission,

Cons

long hours, imperfect business model.

Advice to Management

Staff branches correctly.

Enterprise2016-09-08
  8. "A day in Enterprise"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Enterprise

Pros

Enterprise has given some of the most valuable skills that I can apply to any role such as time management, employee management, delegating and following up. Pro's include the salary, career progression, networking events and the ability to run your own branch and make decisions that you believable are in the best interests of your customer.

Cons

Enterprise has very few cons but the few the do include working 50+ plus hours per week, hard to get holiday leave in summer and Christmas peroids and head office don't tend to visit branches in Northern Ireland as much as they should.

Advice to Management

Learn to be flexible and adapt more to employee relationships. Also try to create pay plans that reflect the branches potential earnings and adapt when circumstances in the branch change.

Enterprise2016-07-18

"Marmite Company"

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Hatfield, East of England, England

I worked at Enterprise

Pros

- Good Training - Gives you the platform to network - Thorough recruitment process -Good support team I.e head office, logistics etc however the rental from area manager down let them down

Cons

- Long hours (once worked 7 weeks straight including weekends, not one day off due to my manager being sacked) - Massive churn of staff - it is not a meritocratic place to work, the deserving get forgotten about where the popular gets promoted - Some locations are disgusting (working in cabins with no toilets or sinks) - Area Management have no clue what goes on within daily rental - Customers happiness literally...

Advice to Management

Address the above

Enterprise2016-03-25
  10. "Mixed bag"

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Swansea, Wales
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Enterprise

Pros

Team work Rapid progression Good staff and colleagues

Cons

Pressure and under-resourced Hours and work life balance

Enterprise2015-10-07