Enterprise Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.7
Enterprise Holdings CEO Pamela M. Nicholson
Pamela M. Nicholson
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/ life balance I’ve heard is a tough adjustment(in 198 reviews)

• "Could become long hours but schedules are improving(in 198 reviews)

"Great company, potential, people and culture"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Enterprise Holdings part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Ive worked for Enterprise for 14 years in a variety of roles. Starting on the management training scheme allows you the experience you need in the business at operational level, then from there you can diversify and move into a specialist area. I have worked in sales for nearly 10 years and every day is different. Enterprise is invested in our future growth and we have new business area to sell to be able to support... our customers on an ongoing basis. I have worked 4 days a week for the last 3 years since I had my daughter. My boss, team and the wider team at Enterprise have been supportive and flexible. In return I am flexible and it works well.

Cons

I think you will get out what you put in. It’s not an easy ride, you will work hard and have to prove your ability and commitment but we are a brilliant team and it’s great to be part of a company that is evolving constantly for the future.

Enterprise Holdings2019-04-10
  2. "Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England

I have been working at Enterprise Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good company, good benefits, nice employees.

Cons

Very corporate, sometimes old fashioned.

Advice to Management

Work from home, less dressy.

Enterprise Holdings2019-08-15

"Maximum work load for minimum pay"

Current Employee - Reservations Agent in London, England

I have been working at Enterprise Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

They provide plenty of work from home opportunities that are sold to you as a flexible way to work. At least you save on travel. A good option as a part time role or side job.

Cons

Having worked there for about 6 months, i understand now why they encourage staff to complete reviews whilst still on training, which is relatively comfortable. But then reality hits: Although you work from home , your work time is electronically micro managed in a way that working on location would not be. For example you are marked down for taking toilet/ comfort breaks outside of allocated break times. It's also... very difficult to get requested days off. As a reservations agent you are started off on little more than minimum wage, but one way your productivity as an employee is measured in pounds per minute. Many clients are also abusive, most times without any consequences. Full time hours are long, monotonous and relentless during peak seasons. Leaving very little mental energy for any kind of work life balance.

Advice to Management

the way in which staff are micro managed boarders on exploitation, please rectify this. The bonus matrix is also too complex. If you are going to pay minimum wage, then make the bonus system straight forward and enough to subsidise the basic wage.

Enterprise Holdings2019-04-14
  4. "Good progression, just be prepared to lose your life."

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in London, England

I have been working at Enterprise Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people in rental Lots of opportunities for progression

Cons

Long long hours. This would be ok if you knew when they'd be, but it makes it very difficult to have a social life when you never know when your day will end going into it. Senior management are becoming less and less engaged in the front line rental. Leads to more and more unrealistic goals being set. There aren't enough people or cars to be able to work effectively.

Advice to Management

Listen to the scores of people who quit. Don't just blame the branch managers.

Enterprise Holdings2019-03-31
  5. "Fantastic Opportunities with High Level Training!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Enterprise Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to develop and fast track career. The people you meet along the way are the best part of it. management are committed to the constant development of their people and help them achieve their goals. Hard work is recognised and there are many incentives to ensure you reach your goals.

Cons

Hard work pays off, if you are willing to work hard for the company they too will ensure you are looked after!

Advice to Management

Ensure everyone in the team understands what your vision is and how you as a team can achieve it. Engagement is key!

Enterprise Holdings2018-11-01
  6. "In House Customer Service Representative (Croydon)"

Current Employee - In House Customer Service Representative in Croydon, England

I have been working at Enterprise Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Good, flexible working hours (7days a week) - Get company benefits (staff discount on rentals) - Great small team to work with! Lots of socials - Great opportunity for career growth - Learn a lot of skills on the job (finance and administration related) - Lots of opportunites to learn about different sectors of Enterprise - Managers are honestly terrific to work with, very understanding and always willing to... help and push you to do more.

Cons

- Pay needs to be revised

Advice to Management

Revise pay

Enterprise Holdings2018-09-16
  7. "Area Manager"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at Enterprise Holdings full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Employee development, Performance related Pay,

Cons

Further Senior manager opportunities are limited

Enterprise Holdings2018-09-10
  8. "Graduate Manager Program"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at Enterprise Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

Career Development has a big focus within the company. The working environment is highly focused on development of skills and your personal ability. Staff from all levels are highly motivated in helping others within the company. Great work hard play hard Ethic with area events for all members of staff throughout the year.

Cons

Long hours through the week.

Enterprise Holdings2018-06-29
  9. "Great Place to Gain Experience and Build Career"

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Enterprise Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Great people 2. Fantastic earning potential 3. Always opportunities to progress 4. Massive focus on employee development 5. A huge effort made to recognise performance and achievements at every level of the business 6. Exposure to a variety of business functions allows you to gain valuable experience very early in your career

Cons

Employees often identify long hours as the biggest drawback but personally never found this an issue. In reality, long hours exist in every business and are required to be successful.

Advice to Management

A more balanced view on performance is necessary in order to retain the best people. During my time I seen a lot of talented people exit the business of their own accord as they were held back by just one KPI.

Enterprise Holdings2018-06-03
  10. "Best Company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Egham, England

I have been working at Enterprise Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are so many benefits of working for Enterprise Holdings, a Company that really cares about it's workforce. Hard work is rewarded and appreciated. The people are amazing, extremely helpful and it really is a fun place to work. There are so many other initiatives and committees that you can get involved with in addition to your day job, so you can learn lots of new skills and push yourself outside of your... comfort zone. I have never been happier during my entire career and would highly recommend this as your next and last place to work!

Cons

I cannot see any cons????

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing :)

Enterprise Holdings2018-05-22