Entertainment One Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Aug 14, 2019

Found 16 of over 221 reviews

3.5
Entertainment One President, CEO, and Trustee Darren Throop (no image)
Darren Throop
Pros
  • "Positive work environment with many doing what they love best(in 16 reviews)

• "Great work environment and great people(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay rates compared to industry standards(in 12 reviews)

• "long hours and senior managers don't value the staff(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great Company

Nov 26, 2015 -  in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment , young and dynamic

Cons

Office is based in not a great part of london

2. 4.0

eOne office

Jan 27, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone very friendly and welcoming, open to suggestions in meetings, an easy environment to work in. Good perks.

Cons

No real room for internal promotion. Often a difficult ladder to climb. Less opportunities for middle management.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for writing! We are happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed working at eOne. We’re committed to fostering a friendly and open work environment, and we’re glad that you’ve felt welcome here. We strongly encourage personal and professional development through programs like eOne Academy, our performance review process and our newly-launched eOne Rewards platform. We encourage you to speak to your manager and HR Business Partner to communicate your career goals and work together to create a path to success.

3. 4.0

Amazing, talented people!

Aug 14, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Talented people, great culture and work environment!

Cons

Can get weighed down by 'corporate' processes driven from the Head office

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you. In everything we do, we strive to empower our employees to connect, create and deliver at the highest levels. Your feedback is important and recognized, and we will certainly take a look at our current ways of working to find the right balance so we can indeed deliver quickly. We will bring your comments to leadership's attention.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nice workplace

Jan 16, 2016 -  in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very dynamic employees, Nice environment to work in. Possibility to grow within the company

Cons

I don't have any cons at the moment :)

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Strong content creator in a constant state of flux, still finding its place in the evolving media landscape

Aug 14, 2019 - Theatrical Sales Representative in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun working environment, creator of a lot of strong titles, lots of social events, encourages interaction with other departments

Cons

Does not pay well, very large company with multiple international offices, not supportive of some departments, constant state of flux

6. 4.0

Employment experience

Jun 23, 2019 - Development Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment and great people

Cons

The demands were sometime great.

7. 3.0

Enjoyed my time here

Jul 13, 2019 - Marketing Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

- regular screenings and company wide events - collaborative work environment

Cons

- disorganized - little work life balance - not the most flexible with work from home opportunities

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Humble Review

Jan 11, 2017 - Administration
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly working environment, charity work, team building activities, laid back atmosphere, end of year bonus, long paid vacation during Christmas, 401K and stock options. Health benefits including dental and eye.

Cons

It's hard to move up within the company. (at least the division I'm based in) When you sit down for your review and explain you'd like more responsibility, management will give it to you minus a promotion or compensation to show for it. Not a lot of training after you get hired in or take on new responsibilities. A lot of what you do you learn along the way. Certain departments are clicky and people gossip a lot.

Continue reading
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love my job

Jun 1, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Super friendly work environment with lots of events and fun things to do and to get involved with. The industry is fun and challenging. There is a lot of creative freedom and opportunity to learn.

Cons

A lot depends on the employee. There is a lot of opportunity but no one will take you by the hand and guide you if you don't ask for it. There is a lot of salary inequality but seems to be one of the perks of the industry. No bonus. Restructuring is part of the business so job security is low.

Continue reading

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback, and we’re glad you’re enjoying your time with us. We believe that a sense of career growth is vital for all of our employees. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit and encourage employees to take charge of their career development through a number of programs and initiatives. In addition, we strive to provide strong support and guidance through performance reviews, HR Business Partners, and our Educational Assistance Program. If you have additional feedback or ideas, please speak with your HR Business Partner – we’d love to hear it.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Sr. Financial Analyst

May 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Free breakfast and snack everyday -Extremely fast-paced (if you like it, otherwise it's a con for you) -Knowledgeable co-workers about the work processes and systems -Very social working environment; employees usually hang out after work together for bonding

Cons

-Upper management is stuck in their old ways of doing things , they use fear-based approach to employees. -Recognition of employees is very low for the work demanded/required -Health and dental benefits are below industry standards -Employees always complain about low salaries (which is true!) -Work hours are 9-6 pm (which employees typically find out AFTER signing the contract) -Long working hours, past the required time with no overtime pay for even people in non-managerial positions (advice: don't forget to clarify that in writing before accepting a position) -employee turnover is very high (6 people left within 6 months in the core team of 22-25 people) and it continues because of no career growth and poor upper management.

14 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sorry that your experience at eOne was not all positive. We appreciate that there is always room for improvement– and value your feedback. We have rolled out the Management Development Program with intent to improve management strategies and our refreshed Performance Review process helps us identify managers who might need further development. We strive to not only attract the best talent, but also to retain, develop, and engage our existing employees; enabling them to advance personally and professionally. Depending on the role and time of year, we recognize that some departments demand high work volume. We always encourage maintaining a work/life balance and we have launched our eOne Rewards program and a number of other social initiatives as a result – but again, we can never say thank you enough. In terms of benefits, we’ve improved our benefits plan by implementing a new Health Care Spending Account which enables more freedom and flexibility for eligible employees. Thank you again for your feedback and your contribution while at eOne.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews