Equal Experts Associate Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 12 Jan 2020

4.9
Equal Experts Co-CEO  Thomas Granier
Thomas Granier
  1. "Excellent company to work for"

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked as an associate at Equal Experts for 3 years Overall work culture and experience is great. Consultants are great to work with as I found they all are experts in their designated areas and willing to help each other and follows the same passion. There are various channels to share knowledge among associates which is great. The company follows a very horizontal structure and treat everyone the same and they try to keep everything transparent among associates. Company values are great and I admire them very much, they are not just written on the paper, they are followed strictly by the higher management which I could perceive at all levels. They are very much delivery focused and after making an impact on their clients. When they can't make an impact as expected due to any reason, they simply pullout rather hanging there which I saw firsthand.

Cons

Nothing, as I mentioned the management is always willing to listen from anyone in the network for any problem.

Equal Experts2019-09-06
  2. "Pretty good"

Former Contractor - Associate in London, England

I worked at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

They have the right idea

Cons

They are drifting away from what's important

Equal Experts2019-08-14
  3. "The best company I have worked with"

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

Biggest group of genuinely talented people I've worked with. The company name is accurate, people are generally experts in their fields, and it feels like there is very little bureaucracy. Great client list, meaning great opportunities. Respectful of work/life balance. Strong set of values that people actually believe in. A genuine consultancy that offers more than bodies in seats.

Cons

Some periods of downtime for associates between working with clients that could be avoided with better communication. Due to the growing size, can feel like you're missing out on knowing what's going on, but this is being actively worked on.

Equal Experts2019-03-12
  4. "The best organisation I've ever worked with."

Current Contractor - Associate Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting projects, great organisational support, and they take great care of employees and encourage

Cons

Working in an environment where everyone is of a very high calibre can present its own challenges sometimes, but most consultants have a high EQ and the culture is very respectful, so it's not often.

Equal Experts2019-01-22

"Probably best company for contractors to work with"

Associate Software Developer in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

- Great network of smart, competent and friendly people - Almost no management, no egotistical people - Ability to switch between different projects (if appropriate & available) - Good business model and hiring process - Helpful staff

Cons

- For certain customers that are resistant to any change, challenging their values and decisions might be necessary & more useful in terms of the overall company & team performance - Regular feedback from teammates could be useful for improvement

Equal Experts2018-06-29

"The best experience of my working life so far"

Current Contractor - Associate User Experience Designer in Shipley, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

I have been working at Equal Experts

Pros

I had admired the work of Equal Experts from the sidelines for a number of years at several sites where I was working previously as an independent contractor. I was always impressed by the quality of their consultants when compared with almost every other supplier I'd ever encountered. I always admired how their consultants collaborated with other external suppliers on client sites, creating no divide between team members from EE and those from other competitor suppliers. Despite not being part of the network at the time, I was treated so incredibly well by EE consultants. It was evident from my first interaction with EE that their number one goal is to get the project over the line - one team, one goal. Several years later, when I was given the opportunity to join the network, the decision was an absolute no-brainer. I'm 2 months into working with EE as an Associate and I can already tell you it's the best decision of my career to date. I've never felt happier and more fulfilled in my work. To feel this satisfaction and sense of community, yet retain the flexibility of being a contractor is game-changing for me. Positives include: - Flat management structure - Autonomy to make your own decisions - Incredible sense of community across network - Excellent communication of the bigger picture - Interesting and challenging work - High profile accounts - The opportunity to work with some incredibly talented co-workers - Excellent rewards Over the last decade, I've worked with multiple suppliers - consultants, agencies and also independently and I can say hand on heart that this is the best experience of my career to date. One other thing to mention is the "kind" and "caring" side to the network - something I've never seen with other suppliers. I guess it's down to the recruitment process and the type of people who are selected but everyone I have come across to date is warm, friendly and wants to help. Perhaps it's the flat management structure that removes the dog-eat-dog competitive culture prevalent with many other suppliers. Everybody wants to work with you here, not against you. In short, thank you Equal Experts. I've never been happier.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. My only regret is not joining EE earlier.

Equal Experts2017-10-21
  7. "Excellent place to work"

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

This is a company that actually does what they say. They work hard to be fair and equitable, they truly look after the staff and associates. We recently had a problem where one of the clients was treating associates on the engagement unfairly. EE were amazingly proactive about it. They went out of their way to ensure everyone was taken care of. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Cons

Really can't think of any drawbacks to working for EE. Everyone I've worked with is helpful. It's a great culture.

Equal Experts2017-05-10

"Excellent company to work for"

Associate in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts

Pros

Some great technical people who are all approachable No sense of hierarchy My views and opinions are treated respectfully Good social activity Good opportunities to get involved in tech and product delivery in different industries and market sectors

Cons

The company is probably not as well recognised as it should and hopefully will be for the good people it has and work it does

Equal Experts2016-05-25
  9. "You'll work with some of the best people around!"

I have been working at Equal Experts for less than a year

Pros

The bar for joining the EE network is very high. Once you're in you can expect to work side by side with some of the most skilled IT people in London area. The associates model ensures a very high standard. Even if people leave one assignment at his end, they remain in good relationship and they are more than willing to take you on-board for another assignment in future if you've proven your skills.

Cons

All the cons of working as a contractor: sometimes projects finish earlier than expected and, while they always try to put people on projects, sometimes their offer is not what you'd expect. Also, some end of projects processes could be handled better as sometimes you can feel a lack of transparency.

Equal Experts2014-03-21
  10. "Super smart colleagues, with a passion for building great software"

I have been working at Equal Experts for less than a year

Pros

You're immersed in a team of intelligent, like-minded software professionals who take a very agile approach - not because it's cool but because we genuinely believe it's the best way to deliver value to our clients. We have a great community of experience, skill and opinion which makes us stronger as an organisation, and a great place to learn from each other. We're currently enjoying very strong growth (one of the UK's fastest growing private tech companies), which generates pace, energy and high morale within the team. From a client perspective, the associate model in the UK is a great way to build senior, high-impact teams without the price tag of many of our competitors.

Cons

We're engaged on some very challenging projects for enterprise customers, so it's not _always_ fun. Patience, persistence and hard work are required (of course, a sense of humour helps!).

Equal Experts2013-08-08