Equal Experts Associate Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 10 reviews

5.0
Equal Experts CEO Thomas Granier
Thomas Granier
  1. "The best company I have worked with"

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

Biggest group of genuinely talented people I've worked with. The company name is accurate, people are generally experts in their fields, and it feels like there is very little bureaucracy. Great client list, meaning great opportunities. Respectful of work/life balance. Strong set of values that people actually believe in. A genuine consultancy that offers more than bodies in seats.

Cons

Some periods of downtime for associates between working with clients that could be avoided with better communication. Due to the growing size, can feel like you're missing out on knowing what's going on, but this is being actively worked on.

Equal Experts2019-03-12
  2. "Pretty good"

Former Employee - Associate in London, England

I worked at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

They have the right idea

Cons

They are drifting away from what's important

Equal Experts2019-08-14
  3. "The best organisation I've ever worked with."

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting projects, great organisational support, and they take great care of employees and encourage

Cons

Working in an environment where everyone is of a very high calibre can present its own challenges sometimes, but most consultants have a high EQ and the culture is very respectful, so it's not often.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Equal Experts2019-01-22
  4. "Probably best company for contractors to work with"

Current Employee - Associate Software Developer in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

- Great network of smart, competent and friendly people - Almost no management, no egotistical people - Ability to switch between different projects (if appropriate & available) - Good business model and hiring process - Helpful staff

Cons

- For certain customers that are resistant to any change, challenging their values and decisions might be necessary & more useful in terms of the overall company & team performance - Regular feedback from teammates could be useful for improvement

Advice to Management

- With this amazing network of people, EE could create great products as well. I'd like to see more contributions from EE to open source world and see their own products. - Encouraging entrepreneurship and people to try their own ideas in the network and something like an internal incubator could be great for EE to build it's own products. - People could be encouraged to develop their own products by sparing certain...

Equal Experts2018-06-29

"The best experience of my working life so far"

Current Employee - Associate User Experience Designer in Shipley, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

I have been working at Equal Experts

Pros

I had admired the work of Equal Experts from the sidelines for a number of years at several sites where I was working previously as an independent contractor. I was always impressed by the quality of their consultants when compared with almost every other supplier I'd ever encountered. I always admired how their consultants collaborated with other external suppliers on client sites, creating no divide between team...

Cons

I can't think of any cons. My only regret is not joining EE earlier.

Advice to Management

Thank you for having me onboard, I feel privileged to be part of such a fantastic network. Keep doing what you're doing as it's fantastic!

Equal Experts2017-10-21
  6. "Excellent place to work"

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

This is a company that actually does what they say. They work hard to be fair and equitable, they truly look after the staff and associates. We recently had a problem where one of the clients was treating associates on the engagement unfairly. EE were amazingly proactive about it. They went out of their way to ensure everyone was taken care of. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Cons

Really can't think of any drawbacks to working for EE. Everyone I've worked with is helpful. It's a great culture.

Equal Experts2017-05-10

"Excellent company to work for"

I have been working at Equal Experts

Pros

Some great technical people who are all approachable No sense of hierarchy My views and opinions are treated respectfully Good social activity Good opportunities to get involved in tech and product delivery in different industries and market sectors

Cons

The company is probably not as well recognised as it should and hopefully will be for the good people it has and work it does

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and shout about it more

Equal Experts2016-05-25
  8. "You'll work with some of the best people around!"

I have been working at Equal Experts for less than a year

Pros

The bar for joining the EE network is very high. Once you're in you can expect to work side by side with some of the most skilled IT people in London area. The associates model ensures a very high standard. Even if people leave one assignment at his end, they remain in good relationship and they are more than willing to take you on-board for another assignment in future if you've proven your skills.

Cons

All the cons of working as a contractor: sometimes projects finish earlier than expected and, while they always try to put people on projects, sometimes their offer is not what you'd expect. Also, some end of projects processes could be handled better as sometimes you can feel a lack of transparency.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with associates and try to plan in advance switching projects instead of leaving it at the very end.

Equal Experts2014-03-21
  9. "Super smart colleagues, with a passion for building great software"

I have been working at Equal Experts for less than a year

Pros

You're immersed in a team of intelligent, like-minded software professionals who take a very agile approach - not because it's cool but because we genuinely believe it's the best way to deliver value to our clients. We have a great community of experience, skill and opinion which makes us stronger as an organisation, and a great place to learn from each other. We're currently enjoying very strong growth (one of the...

Cons

We're engaged on some very challenging projects for enterprise customers, so it's not _always_ fun. Patience, persistence and hard work are required (of course, a sense of humour helps!).

Advice to Management

Let's refresh our website, to really do justice to the capabilities and achievements of this organization :-)

Equal Experts2013-08-08
  10. "Great people, great model with delivery at the centre"

I have been working at Equal Experts for less than a year

Pros

Everyone believes in the Agile Methods and practices e.g. Scrum, CI, TDD etc., its not just lip service. Even though agile is the default, its not a religion. Get to work with really smart people, and the vast majority of them don't have the annoying egos to match Delivering software to the client is king Love the business model, it will mix up the software development / consultancy model

Cons

Its growing incredibly quickly at the moment, which puts it a risk of growing pains. Just hope that they don't introduce process that ends up killing the magic.

Equal Experts2013-08-05