Equal Experts Business Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 17 Dec 2019

4.3
Equal Experts Co-CEO  Thomas Granier
Thomas Granier
  1. "Would highly recommend as a place to work"

Former Contractor - Senior Business Analyst in London, England

I worked at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

Network of talented individuals Type of work is interesting Equal Experts have the reputation and people to be able to made real difference on a client site.

Cons

Can feel a little out of the loop if you are not placed in London. Slight growing pains as the company has become more successful and has opened new offices around the world.

Equal Experts2019-12-17
  2. "Great Company, Awesome People"

Former Contractor - Business Analyst in Reading, England

I worked at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

Consultants are trusted to know what they are doing and given the authority & responsibility to just do it, without having to ask permission. The network is so supportive. You get to work with people who really know what they are doing and that challenge you to continuously improve.

Cons

Engagement managers & resource managers need to work together more closely to resource people onto projects and the communication back to those in the network needs to be much better.

Equal Experts2019-12-13
  3. "Business Analyst"

Current Contractor - Business Systems Analyst in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

Solid recruitment process ensure you get to work with qualified and experienced people.

Cons

Of all the contract positions I've held... I can honestly say I can't find anything bad to say about working with Equal Experts (so far!)

Equal Experts2018-01-16
  4. "Vegemite - you will love it or be kinda, meh!"

Former Contractor - Business Analyst in London, England

I worked at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

If you are a good developer you will love it, you are basically god. The senior team care, and they really want to deliver. The organisation works hard to work well with the client and with the contractors within their fold. There is a reasonably sustained focus on staying informed, connected and up to date and the organisation possesses a youthful passion. The rates are decent and, in London at least, you will end up working with your friends because the pool of people who can do tech consultancy to this level is very small. The company is very successful and it is nice to feel part of that. The model of not hiring people, but subcontracting to selected consultants is smart and successful and means they can roll teams in and out and change their size and focus very quickly. They actually are an agile Agile consultancy.

Cons

Equal Experts is growing very fast and as such some things fall through the gaps. The organisation thrives because it is very developer and technology-centric. However, there are downsides to this. They have not really figured out how to scale things for large deliveries. If you can, get in on a small project early on, that is when you will get the most from the relationship with Equal Experts as a contractor. They also have not quite figured out what to do with people on site who are not architects or developers, if you are a delivery manager, business analyst or QA then get a very good idea of the team you will be working on and the project/business area you will be committing to before you go in. Another downside of the scope that technologists are given is that if you are not one of "them" (and it really feels like that at times - which has never happened to me in contract before) you will have to suck up quite a few things that you fundamentally disagree with. There is very little scope for; relationship development directly with clients, feeding into strategy, flagging up risks that technological direction may have for medium to long term client business sustainability, or even basic problem solving - and for me it was a horribly disenfranchising experience. I found Equal Experts committed to being agile from a tactical, technical point of view but not from a strategic or wider business viewpoint. Basically, hell will freeze over before you can change anything.

Equal Experts2015-01-19
  5. "I love working with people that make me raise my game!"

Current Contractor - Agile Business Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for less than a year

Pros

- I get to work alongside a carefully vetted team of "equal experts", meaning we're all about getting the best solution delivered to the client, in a sustainable way. - EE admin is really light touch, and the support team genuinely cares about the delivery team at the client site. - Many opportunities to learn from highly skilled practitioners in their craft. - Further development and networking is supported through the EE Conference.

Cons

- Being focussed on the delivery of working software can lead to the broader issues of the clients' Agile transition being shared between the BAs and ScrumMasters.

Equal Experts2013-08-29

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews