Equal Experts Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 12 reviews

4.3
Equal Experts CEO Thomas Granier
Thomas Granier
  1. "A great company to work with"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than 5 years

Pros

Mature working environment Everyone understands their role and what needs to be done Always somebody to ask in the network for their experience in the field

Cons

You might feel that you don't have control over where your next assignment might be but they do put a lot of effort into making sure you're happy with the client you're working with

Equal Experts2019-03-30
  2. "Senior Java Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

* A very positive and healthy environment with flat structure and with good morals. * People listen to your ideas and concerns, considers your interest before any new assignment. * Excellent network of Software Professionals with highly skilled consultants. * Attractive pay as per market.

Cons

* I don't see any cons. I love to work with them in my future assignments.

Advice to Management

* Keep on rocking, Wish to have more and more expansion and clients in UK.

Equal Experts2019-02-21
  3. "The best organisation I've ever worked with."

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting projects, great organisational support, and they take great care of employees and encourage

Cons

Working in an environment where everyone is of a very high calibre can present its own challenges sometimes, but most consultants have a high EQ and the culture is very respectful, so it's not often.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Equal Experts2019-01-22
  4. "Previously great company compromising their values"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

Highly skilled team members and a great working culture between team members. Great work life balance. Interesting projects

Cons

Engagement managers' only concern is to please clients and in doing so will ignore expert's advise and micromanage. As a consequence values mentioned on the corporate charter are no longer followed. Teams go along with this against better judgement. No one feels empowered to speak up or push back (internally or against clients). Inter-office politics.

Advice to Management

Show closer interest in projects. Manage senior clients better. Either change culture to follow your (great) values or be realistic and and honest and adjust those values. Support colleagues moving between offices. If local managers prevent that more good talent will leave. Stop partners micromanaging teams.

Equal Experts2019-01-14

Equal Experts Response

January 22, 2019

You’re right that this situation you describe isn’t consistent with our values. I appreciate hearing your experience, both positive and negative as it helps us better understand how we can help deliver value for our clients and our people. I can see how you might have felt disappointed ...

"More Like an Agency than a Consultancy"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Equal Experts for more than 3 years

Pros

There is no doubting that the developers at EE are amongst the best in the industry, it is very easy to work with them and they deliver the goods. The other roles such as BAs and Delivery Managers are a bit more hit and miss half of them are good the others, well….. not so much. I think the strength of EE’s developers lie in the recruitment process which is reasonably difficult and has high standards of a certain engineering...

Cons

EE as an organisation wears it’s politics on it’s sleeve, those politics are definitely in the liberal ideology. When I first started it didn’t bother me too much, being London based you expect a certain amount of postmodernism thinking liberal elites. Even though these people are a minority within EE you will inevitably end up working on projects with one or more of them. Given they are aligned with the company’s world...

Advice to Management

I have never worked in an organisation with such apparent political views, I have to say I don’t think these company wide political debates are helpful and they are creating an organisation with all the downsides of working for Google and none of the positive aspects.

Equal Experts2018-02-10

Equal Experts Response

March 12, 2018

Thank you for your review - I appreciate the feedback, particularly as you spent many years in the Equal Experts network. It is great to hear that the vast majority of people you worked with are “genuinely nice, highly intelligent” people. However, it does sound like we as an organisation ...

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Agile Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts

Pros

The quality of people working here is amazing. They hire excellent technical specialists who are also easy to work with, pragmatic, really interested in technology. Social events are held at the end of every month where teams get the opportunity to showcase their work and we have beer and pizza afterwards. Many of the associates are active speakers and are well known in their areas of specialty.

Cons

I am only writing in this field because I have to! Can't think of any cons to working here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up :)

Equal Experts2015-06-29

"Really Equal Experts"

Current Employee - QA Consultant in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

Equal Experts gives the freedom of being a freelance contractor along with a strong support from other Equal Experts colleagues who share similar values. Lots of seminars and conferences to share and the thirsty Thursdays. Super agile company.

Cons

Tough to find people of this calibre due to its strong track record. Always short on strong techy people.

Equal Experts2014-06-25

"Great low ego people, a pleasure to work with"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with thought leaders and best of breed Agile practitioners Really nice low ego culture and sense of community Open minded flexible management approach

Cons

WIth the bar set so high for entry finding the right hires can be difficult

Advice to Management

Onwards and upwards.

Equal Experts2013-09-26
  9. "Excellent progressive consultancy"

Current Employee - Developer/Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

Very selective in who they hire, They tend to find passionate developers who are very active in the various techy communities. This passion is infectious and rubs off on team members As contractors, you feel part of a company which is the best of both worlds.

Cons

It's consultancy so no two clients are the same. Some great, some not so great. Goes with the territory

Advice to Management

No advice, doing a great job in my opinion.

Equal Experts2013-09-25

"Good projects, good people. An excellent environment that enables you to deliver."

Current Employee - Developer/Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

* Continually working on interesting projects with highly skilled peers. * A passion for using the right technology for the right job and doing things right. * Tight team integration spanning across Test/Development/Ops.

Cons

Sometimes you have to try and integrate with businesses that don't work the same way and don't want to change, but that's really a problem with inflexible business processes on the client side, not the Equal Experts side.

Equal Experts2013-09-19