Equal Experts Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 15 Oct 2019

4.7
Equal Experts CEO Thomas Granier
Thomas Granier

"Equal Experts EvolvE Programme"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Fantastic range of opportunities to work for clients such as Co-op, Tesco, HMRC and O2. 2. Lots of input into which client you get deployed to. Management takes into account what tech you want to work with and the location. 3. Treated like any other consultant, there is no "junior" or "graduate" vibe. 4. Management are more than happy to expense fees for training courses/exams. 5. Great pay with 2... salary reviews per annum. 6. Regular social events and meetups with colleagues on the EvolvE programme.

Cons

1. There appears to be a dry spell for clients to send EvolvErs to, however this is to be expected at this time of the year.

Advice to Management

EvolvE has given me the opportunity to work with clients I otherwise wouldn't have. It is a fantastic way for IT professionals who are early on in their careers to work with some really talented people on some great projects. I'd love to see this programme continue its success and expand within EE.

Equal Experts2019-10-15
  2. "Good firm to work with full of like minded technology consultants"

Current Freelancer - Consultant Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

Working with like minded consultants with very strong technology skills Opportunities to socialise within the network through EE events Freedom to source engagements through the network when/as required High value (technology wise) engagements with excellent degree of autonomy. Good dealings with EE people managers when selecting new projects

Cons

Ability to select projects for consultants could be made more open as this (in my experience) is appears to be managed tightly by EE people/engagement mangers.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. My 2 year experience contracting for EE has been very positive and I look forward to maintaining my relationship with them.

Equal Experts2019-08-05
  3. "A great company to work with"

Current Contractor - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than 5 years

Pros

Mature working environment Everyone understands their role and what needs to be done Always somebody to ask in the network for their experience in the field

Cons

You might feel that you don't have control over where your next assignment might be but they do put a lot of effort into making sure you're happy with the client you're working with

Equal Experts2019-03-30
  4. "Senior Java Consultant"

Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

* A very positive and healthy environment with flat structure and with good morals. * People listen to your ideas and concerns, considers your interest before any new assignment. * Excellent network of Software Professionals with highly skilled consultants. * Attractive pay as per market.

Cons

* I don't see any cons. I love to work with them in my future assignments.

Advice to Management

* Keep on rocking, Wish to have more and more expansion and clients in UK.

Equal Experts2019-02-21
  5. "The best organisation I've ever worked with."

Current Contractor - Associate Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting projects, great organisational support, and they take great care of employees and encourage

Cons

Working in an environment where everyone is of a very high calibre can present its own challenges sometimes, but most consultants have a high EQ and the culture is very respectful, so it's not often.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Equal Experts2019-01-22
  6. "Previously great company compromising their values"

Former Contractor - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

Highly skilled team members and a great working culture between team members. Great work life balance. Interesting projects

Cons

Engagement managers' only concern is to please clients and in doing so will ignore expert's advise and micromanage. As a consequence values mentioned on the corporate charter are no longer followed. Teams go along with this against better judgement. No one feels empowered to speak up or push back (internally or against clients). Inter-office politics.

Advice to Management

Show closer interest in projects. Manage senior clients better. Either change culture to follow your (great) values or be realistic and and honest and adjust those values. Support colleagues moving between offices. If local managers prevent that more good talent will leave. Stop partners micromanaging teams.

Equal Experts2019-01-14

"More Like an Agency than a Consultancy"

Former Contractor - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Equal Experts for more than 3 years

Pros

There is no doubting that the developers at EE are amongst the best in the industry, it is very easy to work with them and they deliver the goods. The other roles such as BAs and Delivery Managers are a bit more hit and miss half of them are good the others, well….. not so much. I think the strength of EE’s developers lie in the recruitment process which is reasonably difficult and has high standards of a certain... engineering approach. I always felt EE is more of an agency than a consultancy and working directly with the agency as a contractor means you don’t need to worry about attending interviews for the different projects you will work on. The vast majority of people I worked with were genuinely nice, highly intelligent people who would never dream of forcing their opinions down your throat, however….

Cons

EE as an organisation wears it’s politics on it’s sleeve, those politics are definitely in the liberal ideology. When I first started it didn’t bother me too much, being London based you expect a certain amount of postmodernism thinking liberal elites. Even though these people are a minority within EE you will inevitably end up working on projects with one or more of them. Given they are aligned with the company’s... world view they are very confident in their opinions and they will share them with you on a regular basis whether you want them to or not. Towards the end of my time with the company this ideology was being more assertively influenced. They have company wide Slack channels on diversity that are predominantly contributed to by a select group with dogmatic victimisation thinking. Unfortunately a significant percentage of partners are in this group and have heavy influence within the company. A recurring thread was talk of how the patriarchy was holding the women at EE back by oppressing them. In a society where our head of state is female as is our head of government it’s easy to see how valid this talk of a patriarchy is. The other group contributing to this is the emasculated and cuckolded men, they crow about how bad wimmin have it and how awful other white males are, they themselves of course are superior as their virtue signalling is so loud they have convinced themselves as much. If your personal politics are not in line with these people it is best not to contribute to the discussion, you will be attacked merely for having a different opinion. You can’t have any form of sensible debate with pseudo intellectuals who are convinced they are right as they have read Guardian articles and therefore are well informed, if you don’t agree with them then you are a cis gender waycist. As EE’s model is to hire mostly contractors it beggars belief that some of them contribute to this orgy of zealotry to chime in about just how awful capitalism is. Any actual discussion of diversity is quickly overwhelmed by a barrage of comments inferring the world's problems lie at the feet of white males. I got to the point of being sickened by the arrogance of this extremely privileged highly paid group of individuals attacking white males for their privilege. The idea that the company's recruitment policy should be based on merit alone is preposterous to them. Most of EE’s turnover is within the public sector, as such the rates they charged me out to their clients was available. I discovered I was being paid around 60% of the rate they were billing me at. Ah, but EE is a consultancy and not an agency, therefore that’s normal. Well, if you’re thinking of joining EE I’ll let you decide if you think that’s reasonable an agent should take 40% of your earnings.

Advice to Management

I have never worked in an organisation with such apparent political views, I have to say I don’t think these company wide political debates are helpful and they are creating an organisation with all the downsides of working for Google and none of the positive aspects.

Equal Experts2018-02-10

"Great place to work!"

Agile Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts

Pros

The quality of people working here is amazing. They hire excellent technical specialists who are also easy to work with, pragmatic, really interested in technology. Social events are held at the end of every month where teams get the opportunity to showcase their work and we have beer and pizza afterwards. Many of the associates are active speakers and are well known in their areas of specialty.

Cons

I am only writing in this field because I have to! Can't think of any cons to working here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up :)

Equal Experts2015-06-29

"Really Equal Experts"

Current Contractor - QA Consultant in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

Equal Experts gives the freedom of being a freelance contractor along with a strong support from other Equal Experts colleagues who share similar values. Lots of seminars and conferences to share and the thirsty Thursdays. Super agile company.

Cons

Tough to find people of this calibre due to its strong track record. Always short on strong techy people.

Equal Experts2014-06-25

"Great low ego people, a pleasure to work with"

Current Contractor - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with thought leaders and best of breed Agile practitioners Really nice low ego culture and sense of community Open minded flexible management approach

Cons

WIth the bar set so high for entry finding the right hires can be difficult

Advice to Management

Onwards and upwards.

Equal Experts2013-09-26