Equal Experts Developer Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Thomas Granier
  1. Featured Review

"Great place to be"

Former Employee - Developer in London, England

I worked at Equal Experts full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you're a pragmatic contractor that loves crafting software then this is a fine organisation to be involved with. My experience has been overwhelmingly positive - I was placed at a client with other EE people and felt valued and respected from day one. EE take care to ensure you're delivering value to clients, not just a bum on a seat, and this really shows. The interview process at EE sets the bar higher... than most and you can tell in the calibre of people they hire - not just in technical know-how but in general attitude and professionalism. The EE network is a wonderful thing and long may it continue to grow!

Cons

They paid a bit less than some of the other consultancies engaged with the client but this is a minor grumble since the EE day rate is decent.

Advice to Management

Keep it up - the network is growing but by keeping your plans and strategy open it

Equal Experts2019-05-11
  2. "A very comfortable place for quality IT contractors."

Former Contractor - Senior Mobile Developer in Worthing, South East England, England

I worked at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

- Focus on doing things properly - Well paid - Surrounded by excellent quality professionals - Well supported by operational staff and IR35

Cons

- Larger clients, sometimes with some very dull work to get done...!

Equal Experts2019-11-18
  3. "Great Clients and Great support from agency."

Former Contractor - Senior Full Stack Developer in London, England

I worked at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

People Management is exceptional, always supportive in ensuring YOU are happy with client and the CLIENT is happy. Amazing client list. Great flexibility with WFH.

Cons

Not all associates are experts, nor tested on a regular bases - ultimately contradictory to their name.

Advice to Management

Would suggest to review associates expertise on a 1/2 yearly or annual bases, inclusive to their soft-skills (both permanent and contract roles). Rather than only rely on co-associate reviews where little is actioned. It seems the mean associate competency levels have depreciated consistently over the last year. Ideally it would be great to maintain company growth but not at the cost of quality delivered.

Equal Experts2019-10-22
  4. "Great network to be a part of"

Current Contractor - Software Development Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

Mature working environment with a culture of autonomy. A good community of people within the network to call upon for advice and guidance on technical challenges or experiences. A broad range of clients and projects, often greenfield. Once you are on the network moving on to the next project is relatively straight forward.

Cons

"Tech Lead" positions are seemingly handed out at random, it can be demoralising to have the weakest link in the team asserting themselves because they've been handed the title. Developers are spoken of and treated as an interchangeable resource, any given one is as good as the next. On the one hand it can lead to you not feeling particularly valued but on the other it means no eyelids are a batted if you request... to switch projects. The policy of working on client site means that you will usually be in 'the spare room' at the clients office which is rarely the prime spot. It does though mean that there are opportunities to look for projects that suit your travel preferences.

Advice to Management

Consider ways in which people's suitability for roles such as tech lead can be better assessed. Or if it doesn't matter who's in the role, maybe dispense with it altogether. Maybe ask for feedback from teams and individuals more when they are moving on or projects are ending.

Equal Experts2019-10-18
  5. "Best work culture, skills and people in the industry."

Current Contractor - Software Development Engineer In Test in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than 3 years

Pros

Been with EE for little over 4 years and never feel like leaving. Most satisfying 4 years of my working life. Met great minds, challenging people, always pushing boundaries of what is possible. EE has the best work-personal life flexibility culture, at times made me thankful to the company. Exposure to multiple technologies, skillset, clients makes you a true consultant. Transperancy in operations and value... given to each consultant is great.

Cons

Sad to see some great people leave, and great strategies / wins along with them, At times, its difficult to keep up with what we have created.

Advice to Management

keep the foundation values as they are in the begining, although its mighty difficult with growth.

Equal Experts2019-08-15
  6. "Good place to work for"

Current Contractor - Senior Java Developer in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with amazing colleagues is very satisfying

Cons

Dealing with big corporations that are using Safe etc

Equal Experts2019-08-18
  7. "I've found my home"

Current Contractor - Senior Developer in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than 3 years

Pros

Great, human values that come directly from the top and exist throughout Never afraid to step away from a client that is wrong for them Some really good business ideas for growth going forward Supportive colleagues on client site Friendly network - you get to know some lovely people Regular social events Slack channels for ever-ee-thing Some wonderful characters Plenty of clients & work - incl... abroad Good agile practices Very experienced colleagues

Cons

Rarely you find oiks in the network - but it does happen Government offices are traditionally awful - beware HMRC have a terrible website, partly due to a fight between HMRC and GDS government departments. But we helped build it anyway.

Advice to Management

None

Equal Experts2019-06-28
  8. "Good marketing, poor management and delivery."

Former Contractor - Developer in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Equal Experts for less than a year

Pros

Work with *some* talented people. Excellent Day rate. Lovely People team.

Cons

Lack of project managers with people skills. Lip service to agile and team management (but without the follow through). Fabricating and manipulating sprint results to coddle client. Failure to listen and punishment to those that speak up about poor professional practice.

Advice to Management

Respect those that work for you. Just because "You wear shoes" doesn't mean you're right all the time.

Equal Experts2019-05-16
  9. "Developer & Architect"

Current Contractor - Software Developer in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting work which is challenging and rewarding, smart group of people to work with and flexible working culture. I particularly enjoy being able to get on with the work and not being tied up in meetings and other time wasting activities

Cons

So far nothing to grumble about :-)

Advice to Management

The culture and respect shown to clients and colleagues is one of EE's USPs. Growing quickly has the risk of diluting the culture. Balancing short term goals with long term ambition should help build a reputation which is unique in this industry.

Equal Experts2019-03-18
  10. "Experts in all aspects"

Former Contractor - Senior Java Developer in London, England

I worked at Equal Experts for more than a year

Pros

When you go into a contract with EE, at the client site you never feel alone. The network is so big and influential there is a huge support and drive in the teams to deliver meaningful impact. Their clients are often amazed by the quality and determination of EE teams.

Cons

There's not much cons in my opinion.

Advice to Management

To EE management I would say to keep doing what you are doing since is working great. I think EE works perfectly fine using this kind of flat management structure it has, the company it's just scaling by itself.

Equal Experts2018-10-26