Equal Experts Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.2
Equal Experts Managing Director Thomas Granier
Thomas Granier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance is actually a thing" (in 18 reviews)

• "Interesting projects, great organisational support, and they take great care of employees and encourage" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "We are seeing on loosing out good people over the past couple of years and dont see any action taken over it" (in 5 reviews)

• "As others have commented, going through growing pains as the original lightweight processes and org structures are being scaled" (in 5 reviews)

1. "My experiences"

Current Contractor - Delivery Manager
    Current Contractor - Delivery Manager

I have been working at Equal Experts as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Working with talented individuals
    - Working with a group that want to deliver as their main focus
    - Being able to make Considered decisions for the best way forward.
    - Working in small teams that support one another
    - Trust that people have the capabilities to do their job
    - Exposure to a range of clients in different sectors

Cons

- Woking at clients who have found themselves in difficult positions and the daily difficulties of influencing change

2. "The best company I have worked with"

Current Contractor - Associate in London, England
    Current Contractor - Associate in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Biggest group of genuinely talented people I've worked with. The company name is accurate, people are generally experts in their fields, and it feels like there is very little bureaucracy. Great client list, meaning great opportunities. Respectful of work/life balance. Strong set of values that people actually believe in. A genuine consultancy that offers more than bodies in seats.

Cons

Some periods of downtime for associates between working with clients that could be avoided with better communication. Due to the growing size, can feel like you're missing out on knowing what's going on, but this is being actively worked on.

3. "Developer & Architect"

Current Contractor - Software Developer in London, England
    Current Contractor - Software Developer in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting work which is challenging and rewarding, smart group of people to work with and flexible working culture. I particularly enjoy being able to get on with the work and not being tied up in meetings and other time wasting activities

Cons

So far nothing to grumble about :-)

Advice to Management

The culture and respect shown to clients and colleagues is one of EE's USPs. Growing quickly has the risk of diluting the culture. Balancing short term goals with long term ambition should help build a reputation which is unique in this industry.

4. "Senior Java Consultant"

Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in London, England
    Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Equal Experts as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

* A very positive and healthy environment with flat structure and with good morals.
    * People listen to your ideas and concerns, considers your interest before any new assignment.
    * Excellent network of Software Professionals with highly skilled consultants.
    * Attractive pay as per market.

Cons

* I don't see any cons. I love to work with them in my future assignments.

Advice to Management

* Keep on rocking, Wish to have more and more expansion and clients in UK.

5. "Best Contracting Place Yet"

Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Equal Experts as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Even after the initial excitement and novelty has worn off, I still find Equal Experts a very exciting and novel place to work. I came from a financial background and have previously contracted with clients either through agencies that wouldn't really care as long as their get their percentage or directly where office politics took hold. Equal Experts is very different.

With Equal Experts, the bar is set very high. The interview process wasn't the easiest, but it also gave me the confidence that my new colleagues were Experts in their field, and I wasn't going to have to carry fellow contractors that didn't deserve the title.

The management structure at Equal Experts is very flat, it is very easy to have a chat with partners or the CEO - and good ideas are appreciated.

What further impressed me is the fact that when engaging a client, I have the full backing of a network of other Equal Expert associates, so help with an issue is only a slack message away.

Furthermore, Equal Experts provide some interesting opportunities, be it for speaking at conferences or their Experts talks or their social events and are also very supportive of charity work carried out by colleagues.

From a career progression point of view, Equal Experts is also very good, because they don't appear to pigeon hole people, so it is easy to move between technologies or engagements, so if a particular area interests you, there are often openings.

Cons

The initial recruitment process took a long time from being accepted to starting a contract.

Advice to Management

Keep it simple - it's good that way!

6. "Progressive Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A true values driven organisation that has progressive ways of working and attitudes to their people. Always seeking to learn, evolve and to do better. A world apart from the usual traditional IT consultancies and all the better for it . A focus on doing what's right for clients and their people above office politics and profits.

Cons

Some growing pains as they evolve.

"Great place for "grown-ups""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting and challenging projects, encourages a great work-life balance (depending a bit on the individual client's working practices), some really good people who are highly skilled and in the most part humble and open to ideas. Lots of autonomy to make decisions, try things

Cons

As others have commented, going through growing pains as the original lightweight processes and org structures are being scaled. But generally this is being done in a sensitive and mature way, and for the right reasons. Recent changes to strengthen the Exec team are starting to work well.
    Some projects struggle to apply the EE cultural values, often due in a large part to politics within the client's team. Occasionally leads/EMs struggle to manage this type of client, but ultimately people get paid well to deal with these challenges.
    Permanent and contract staff are given a lot of autonomy, and in general the recruitment process selects great people ("grown-ups") who can make the most of this responsibility. If you can't, go somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Keep reinforcing the values, experiment a bit more with developing innovative internal processes and don't be afraid to try something and fail/learn.

8. "The best organisation I've ever worked with."

Current Contractor - Associate Consultant in Manchester, England
    Current Contractor - Associate Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Equal Experts as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cons

Working in an environment where everyone is of a very high calibre can present its own challenges sometimes, but most consultants have a high EQ and the culture is very respectful, so it's not often.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

9. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time

Pros

Fantastic work / life balance.

Colleagues are treated equally across the network, regardless of position held.

All ideas, thoughts and suggestions for improvements are valued. Feedback is actively sought for any process changes, providing employees with the opportunity to have their input and influence on changes within the business.

You are treated as a grown up and entrusted to get the job done.

Great colleagues to work with, everyone is willing to share knowledge and help others, really positive atmosphere / team spirit.

Cons

Non that I can think of

10. "Neglectful communication"

Current Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in London, England
    Current Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

- A network of people with great skills
    - Comfortable interview process

Cons

My interactions with this company have had a pattern of neglect and lack of respect from day one. From the HR person completely missing my interview slot without notice, to them cancelling a project (that both sides had committed on) last minute and me having to chase them to actually learn about it, little concern has actually been given to having professional & respectful communication. I still believe intentions are good, but the execution just isn't there. Maybe there's too many people, too much to manage, I don't know. My experience has been negative.

Advice to Management

Get on top of managing the great people that you have in your network, please. Don't ignore the people that have made it through the selection process, don't over promise and communicate pertinent information as soon as possible.

Equal Experts Response

24 Jan 2019

Thank you for your feedback and I’m pleased to hear you value being part of our network.

The behaviours you describe are far from the experience we want to provide for the people in our network. I... More