Equal Experts Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 32 reviews

4.8
Equal Experts CEO Thomas Granier
Thomas Granier

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Partner in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts

Pros

Equal Experts have a great network of partners and associates and work on high profile challenging technical projects. The people have many years of industry experience and it's a great opportunity to learn from them. The company also has regular monthly meetups, quarterly Delivery Leads meetings and supports people attending and presenting at conferences.

Cons

It may not suit people looking to focus exclusively on technical delivery - there's also an important focus on being able to consult effectively with clients.

Equal Experts2015-07-07

"A great place with some great people"

Current Employee - Client Servcies in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time for more than a year

Pros

The quality of people I work with is excellent, it's always a pleasure to be around smart people. There is a real focus to the organisation, we know what we have to do and are empowered to achieve without a pressure cooker culture. Its a lean business model, less waste more focus on whats really important The client briefs are challenging, yet the feedback on our consultancy teams is always strong.

Cons

Very little to think of. We should shout more about what we are doing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what we are doing as its working and this is a great place to be.

Equal Experts2015-07-22

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Agile Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts

Pros

The quality of people working here is amazing. They hire excellent technical specialists who are also easy to work with, pragmatic, really interested in technology. Social events are held at the end of every month where teams get the opportunity to showcase their work and we have beer and pizza afterwards. Many of the associates are active speakers and are well known in their areas of specialty.

Cons

I am only writing in this field because I have to! Can't think of any cons to working here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up :)

Equal Experts2015-06-29

"Exciting Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Marketing/Communications in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts

Pros

Open minded and generous management that takes good care of people Flat hierarchy Relaxed yet professional working environment Can do attitude of all Hard working and driven staff who stay nice Working with the brightest and the best Cool clients Being a part of something so exciting

Cons

It's a pity, but the nature of the job, that the teams are so dispersed. Would be good to see everyone more often

Advice to Management

Stay true to your management style. It's working.

5. "Great Place to Be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are excellent and really helpful with the teaching and progression process

Cons

Projects vary and therefore your world changes which can be good and bad

Equal Experts2015-06-25
  6. "Great working culture and a people's company"

Current Employee - Technical Lead in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1) You get to work with really good software engineers who are passionate about technology. Everyone seems keen to learn and apply the best technology to help clients. 2) The company has a truly Agile engineering culture and follow the best practices 3) Very little management layer and a flat hierarchy, mostly everyone I know of works on an engagement with clients. So most of the management is easily accessible and...

Cons

Because of the business model mostly everyone is an associate/contractor here, so there is not much focus on Training for employees.

7. "Recommended!"

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Lots of autonomy, people are encouraged to behave as adults so everyone pretty much gets on with it - Client base and offices are expanding, which gives the team a variety of challenges and opportunities to get involved with (there is career development here - but not in a 'formal' way) - They realise that kit such as laptops is important and invest in getting good tools for people - it's a big enabler as lots of...

Cons

- If you're looking to have your hand held and be micro managed, this probably won't be the place for you to thrive

Advice to Management

Make sure you continue to scale gracefully

Equal Experts2015-06-11
  8. "Perfect company for ambitious engineers"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with top people Interesting projects Enabling clients to provide excellent services Rotating people in and out of projects keeps people in a fresh mind set and motivated

Cons

That's a hard one; given the business model, there is a bit of rotation of people in and out, and it's always sad when we temporarily lose very good people, specially the ones you became friends with

Equal Experts2015-06-10

"The leanest consultancy I know"

Current Employee - Partner in London, England

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time for more than a year

Pros

- flat hierarchy: EE is run by a very limited, lightweight management - no bench: if you walk in the office you may find some people busy on proposals, operations and finance but everybody is allocated - good salary: the associate/partners structure allows the employee to get a really good deal - real experts: you will work with some of the best IT geeks in London - common mindset: despite its growth (4000% in 5 years)...

Cons

Clients might be hard, Equal Experts is an Emergency & Accident department, nobody calls Equal Experts because things are going well there, there's always a tough problem to solve. But then again, where is the fun otherwise?

Advice to Management

Keep going

Equal Experts2014-12-30
  10. "Great people, great working environment"

I have been working at Equal Experts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with some of the most experienced software practitioners in the industry. Using Agile and Lean techniques to focus on delivering quality software. Very happy clients.

Cons

Very strong track record and exceptional demand from prospective clients means we are always looking to recruit highly experienced consultants, and because of our very high standards it can take a while to find the right calibre people.

Equal Experts2013-11-15