Equifax Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Equifax Chairman and CEO Rick Smith
Rick Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There is little to no work life balance in this position (in 17 reviews)

• Intern program needs a bit more structure and more opportunities to talk to Senior Management (in 20 reviews)

"Gone from bad to worse in 2017"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They are paying my base.

Cons

They are no longer paying promised bonuses. I have had my pay cut in half, without warning.

Advice to Management

I always fill out surveys asking how management can be better and nothing changes. So, I doubt filling in something on Glassdoor will change anything.

"Not Surprised!"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Equifax as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Really? Is it a job or a glass house. You decide.

Cons

Not surprised one bit about the recent data breach that they kept quite about for months as the top cashed out. It's unbelievable that anyone would continue to work for this company when the same people just exposed you as well. Insanity at its highest. Why should they be allowed to monitor anything at this point? Why isnt the government shutting them down. Well if it's anything like the banks, they are all in on it biggest scam in history. Wake up folks and don't waste your time supporting failures like this.

"ME first, the client second...if at all."

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros are really hard to come by right now. The vacation and sick leave policies aren't bad.

Cons

Culture of "me first"
    Completely driven by revenue and what's best for the company, not the client.
    Entitled employees who think a 10-4 work day is "full time"
    Poor middle management
    Complete and total arrogance by upper management
    Toxic culture, where you never know who is going to take the next stab at you.
    If you are interviewing, ask why the last person left. There is a reason many people left within the first year or two.

Advice to Management

Get over yourself and your desire to see the stock rise. Your benefits are terrible. For an 8k person company, you aren't even close to where you should be. Care more for the client than you do the stock price.

"Terrible Management!"

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most employees and some managers are great.
    Rick Smith is a great leader!

Cons

I had two managers in my time at EFX - my first manager was great - he supported and appreciated his team. I was moved to another group (same role) and the two management levels above me were terrible. They treated their team members poorly, berated and belittled people in front of their peers and were very unprofessional. They were the worst management I have had in over 25 years in the industry.

Advice to Management

HR and senior management should listen to employee complaints about their management and question why people are leaving teams and the company. HR should recognize good employees and try to keep them, instead of letting poor managers run good people off.

"Worst Management Ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office is nice, by means in which they provide me a desk and have a admirable dress code.

Cons

My boss and other management spend more time criticizing than completing work and promoting to work cohesion. The work environment is like a high school; Employees belittle each other aimlessly. There is no such thing as personal space or respect in the office as the moment you leave a room, chatter begins among any "team" member who does not see you as someone they would want to go and catch drinks with. More gossip is done in the office than work. I would not recommend my closest friends here.

Advice to Management

Kindness goes a long way when promoting productivity. Unfair business practices such as calling employees out to ridicule them in front of the office is horrible here.

"Regional Business Project Manager"

I worked at Equifax full-time

Pros

The company had pros, for me so far no

Cons

THe CEO Takes all the money US$ 65.000.000 a year(including btearly bonus)???

"Please Please Avoid this company at all costs!"

Former Employee - Human Resources
    Former Employee - Human Resources

I worked at Equifax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Unfortunately, there are no Pros about this organization. As a 20+ year HR professional I guess the only one Pro is that there are other organizations to work for that are extremely better than Equifax.

Cons

Please understand that it is not my nature or character to talk bad about any company that employs people to earn a living. But as a 20+ year HR professional that has had the pleasure and blessing to work for many large organizations. Equifax by far was the worst experience I have had. The culture is one that no person should be subjected to. It truly is a environment that seeks every opportunity to degrade rather than uplift, quick to point out the simplest and most innocent mistakes in order to chastise and devalue. And a leadership team that will not support its employees for fear of losing title.

Advice to Management

Stop siding with your leader prior to even listening to what your employee concerns are. Executive team should send a message to the Dir and Managers that a mistake is not a time to chastise and celebrate a I got you moment. But utilize a mistake as a learning opportunity to help your employees do better and build trust that a mistake wont cause them to be reprimanded or loose their job.

"Business Analyst"

Former Contractor - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Contractor - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Equifax as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Well compensated, good work environment. Coworkers were great. Can not think of another nice thing to say.

Cons

Management is the problem, there is a disconnect between upper and middle. The middle is more concerned about maintaining their employment.

Advice to Management

Look at why there is a huge turnover of employees and why contractors will not stay. Also ask yourselves why one department goes from double digits growth from one quarter to a loss the next.

"Seems like Equifax values turnover in Marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Equifax full-time

Pros

Company does extremely well in financial performance
    Good work environment and flexibility

Cons

Equifax leadership, including the CMO, seems to only care about the Pricing and Data/Analytics areas of Marketing. Evident in any Town Hall you attend. No real interest or much funding for other disciplines of Marketing. Probably because the CMO is not a marketer by trade.

The matrix organization of Business Units and Centers of Excellence is very difficult to navigate resulting in many bosses and stakeholders who often conflict.

Meetings galore! A lot of time spent presenting internally including lots of pwpt decks.

Politicking is very prominent. And viewed less favorably if you don't work at corp HQ in Atlanta

Advice to Management

Stop moving division leaders every three years. May be a good strategy to grow those leaders but very disruptive to business and all other employees

"Hearings"

Current Employee - Hearings in Garden City, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Hearings in Garden City, NY (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The hours and the dress code. You can wear anything.

Cons

Horrible people. Too much gossiping. Very low pay.

Advice to Management

Hire people that actually work.