Esquire Deposition Solutions Reviews

Updated 21 Jan 2020

2.8
Esquire Deposition Solutions CEO Terrie Campbell (no image)
Terrie Campbell
Pros
Cons
  • "Full of favoritism, no raises, I can go on and on(in 5 reviews)

• "Lauderdale offices, upper management doesn't hear you(in 5 reviews)

1. "Solid Field Sales Opportunity, Some Management Hurdles"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Esquire Deposition Solutions full-time

Pros

-Freedom to run your book of business how you want -Expense budget to treat prospects and clients -Operations team is very helpful -Company has a solid reputation in the industry

Cons

-Service providers are on a decline, making some job difficult to fulfill -Excessive amounts of internal meetings which take away from time selling

January 23, 2020HR Team Member

Thank you for your feedback.

"Was a great company"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Esquire Deposition Solutions full-time

Pros

Relative freedom in sales

Cons

Being too successful could cost you in the next year. Higher quota, harder bonus attainment.

September 23, 2019HR Team Member

Thank you for your feedback. Esquire definitely pushes our sales team to succeed, and Esquire's compensation system is designed to reward achievement.

"Misleading and Unprofessional"

Former Employee - Resource Manager

I worked at Esquire Deposition Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

The salary is fair. Although there is a high pay out for benefits.

Cons

Lack of professionalism in office. There is a lack of leadership in management.

October 28, 2019HR Team Member

"If you are experienced in the local area , be prepared for this environment."

Former Employee - Resource Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Esquire Deposition Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pays well, but negotiate wisely if you have years of experience. The majority of the staff is nice. STAFF, not Management. And everyone you talk to is under a ridiculous amount of stress. For no good reason.

Cons

Poor management, over abundance of training by people who do not know the industry. They spend more time with training and very few people who are providing it have any actual industry knowledge. One of the staff members in charge of court reporters and training did not even know what a per diem attorney is. The company spends an awful lot of time on phone conferences with one another trying to make things work well or more profitable. If you had people who knew what they were doing, the local attorneys might actually use Esquire, even though the pricing is way above the local area market.

October 3, 2019HR Team Member

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed that you had a bad experience at Esquire. Esquire strives to make each employee feel valued and has a robust management and training structure to support our employees. Our training is designed by experienced court reporting professionals and conducted using our state of the art learning management system. We value communication and teamwork, which is why Esquire conducts meetings and sessions to allow for collaboration among all staff members. Esquire wishes you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

"Work in constant fear and stress"

Former Employee - Resource Manager

I worked at Esquire Deposition Solutions full-time

Pros

none worth putting up with the stress

Cons

Highly stressful environment. Not enough personnel but still expected to fulfill the unrealistic expectations of the job. Email overload

September 16, 2019HR Team Member

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed that you had a bad experience at Esquire. Esquire is committed to its employees and works hard to ensure that its employees enjoy a professionally challenging career while maintaining a work-life balance.

"Managers change a lot and are biased"

I worked at Esquire Deposition Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

If they make a mistake for a customer they try to make it right. Their healthcare plan could be better, but for the times and size company it is probably better than average. They try to keep the costs down for the healthcare.

Cons

Management has hidden agendas, prop certain sales reps up that have tenure or other things I won't mention. Makes it uber difficult to succeed with change of managers and since it is not an even playing field with the biased behavior going on from day 1. They are on a kick right now to phase out the older employees.

February 25, 2019HR Team Member

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed that you had a bad experience at Esquire. We respect and consider all feedback, and we will continue to find ways to improve. Esquire is 100% committed to treating every team member fairly and with respect. Moreover, Esquire believes that all employees deserve to work in an environment where they are treated with dignity. Unwarranted favoritism is not tolerated. Esquire Deposition Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and does not make decisions based on the age or tenure of its employees. Rather, Esquire strives to hold every employee, including managers, accountable for their performance. We do this through annual performance reviews, quarterly goal achievement meetings, and a 360 process for managers.

"Great Company"

5.0

I have been working at Esquire Deposition Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible work hours. Great work life balance. Finally, we have a senior staff that cares about the employees. Management really pushes you to do your best. If you express your opinion about a workflow or process, it will be heard and addressed. The CEO is really invested in the growth of the company. She is also very personable and invested in employee engagement. She makes her duty to try to know everyone's name and simply ask them how is their day going.

Cons

Need more help in my department.

September 3, 2018HR Team Member

Thank you for your feedback and the vote of confidence.

8. "Regional Litigation Consultant"

I worked at Esquire Deposition Solutions full-time

Pros

Good technology for clients and employees, flexible hours, easy access to training

Cons

no formal training program, bad communication, no 401K match

August 27, 2018HR Team Member

Thank you for your feedback. Since you are no longer with the company, you are likely unaware of the formal training program that we've implemented for our sales team. We have a robust learning management center and tremendous content to help our new employees learn and improve. We've contracted with an outside vendor to ensure we have robust sales content as well. Thanks again for your input. We appreciate it and continuously strive to improve.

9. "director"

4.0

I have been working at Esquire Deposition Solutions full-time

Pros

A lot of autonomy Great people you work with

Cons

Limited transparency into all company activities

July 16, 2018CEO

We appreciate your thoughtful feedback. Esquire is committed to treating its employees fairly and values your feedback. We encourage you to express your ideas to management so they can be implemented. Esquire strives to provide timely information to its employees to increase transparency to corporate goals and activities. We will continue to schedule employee and manager calls.

"Awful"

I worked at Esquire Deposition Solutions full-time

Pros

breakfast on Fridays, Nice office, nothing else

Cons

It was always questionable, but Terrie came in and it all just went to hell. Brought in her old work buddies who were un-knowledgeable and incompetent. Lost the mindset the clients and employees are important. No one is held accountable except the "little guy."

July 16, 2018HR Team Member

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed that you had a bad experience at Esquire. We respect and consider all feedback, and we will continue to find ways to improve. While we have certainly added a few employees that previously worked with our CEO, we are mindful that Esquire is company with its own values and direction. We carefully screen and select new employees and ensure that our new hires are knowledgeable and competent. Finally, Esquire strives to hold every employee, including managers, accountable for their performance through annual performance reviews, quarterly goal achievement meetings, and a 360 process for managers.

Found 76 reviews