Esri Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 24, 2021

Found 105 of over 1,037 reviews

4.1
Esri President Jack Dangermond
Jack Dangermond
Pros
  • "Esri is doing important work by creating geospatial technology that really has the potential to do a lot of good in the world(in 115 reviews)

• "Very supportive of work-life balance(in 96 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No negatives about Esri to work for(in 114 reviews)

• "the hq is in the Redlands city which has less things to do(in 57 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

107.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Esri~4043
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent place to work

Nov 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance, technology stack, collaborative work

Cons

Don't have any negatives about working here.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with full of knowledgeable person

Nov 10, 2021 - Senior Applications Developer in Redlands, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great work culture 2. Work with a great mind as employees are very knowledgeable. 3. Great HR policies to maintain work-life balance. 4. Work hard and get paid for it. 5. Great health insurance coverage. 6. 401K match and profit-sharing.

Cons

No major cons. but I experience 1. Immigration team is slow. 2. Salary is OK.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Oct 21, 2021 - GIS Engineer in Jakarta
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment. Cozy. Work-life balance. Friendly. Respectful

Cons

Not so agile enough. Not so competitive salary. Rigid. Not diverse enough. Not so many allowance

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to start, or spend 2 wonderful years then start looking again.

Oct 29, 2021 - Product Engineer in Redlands, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers willing to collaborate and learn together. Great learning opportunities Insurance is not deducted from wages Great entry level wages. Front line Leadership that is supportive and communicative. High quality infrastructure and hardware to support job requirements. Great sense of purpose. Great work life balance for most teams.

Cons

Low wages once past entry level if promoted within. Very slow not even up with inflation wages growth rate if promoted within or retained. Very fast pace of learning required in order to be successful. Occasional pockets of jury rigged legacy systems left without a plan for proper replacement. System in place for professional growth of employees is a template that doesn't seem to actually be used for anything beneficial to the employee. Only seems to be used for getting a paper trail on failing employees. Professional growth of your own is left unrecognized, unrewarded, and uncompensated. But strongly encouraged to obtain. Seems that the only way to progress within is to turn down promotion offers that offer minimal pay increases and potentially get labelled the troublemaker, or leave the company and apply again from external to get reasonable wage offers.

6 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Decent company all-in-all

Nov 9, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Zürich
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent company with a good vision. Work-life balance is good and people are friendly.

Cons

Engineering can be slightly chaotic with teams scattered across the globe lacking structured management.

6. 4.0

Overall decent company

Oct 27, 2021 - Current Employee in Redlands, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good working environment Very nice and competent coworkers Good work/life balance

Cons

Management’s plans to return to the office are extremely unpopular. The only people that want to return to the office are management. All coworkers that I’ve talked to love working from home. I anticipate high employee turnover if returning to the office is required for teams that have successfully worked from home throughout the pandemic.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company to work for

Oct 7, 2021 - Senior Product Engineer in Redlands, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Hourly pay — opportunity to get paid for more hours if you work 40+ or bank hours for vacation (This is a HUGE, unheard-of benefit in an industry that is largely salary. I’ve taken up to 4 weeks EXTRA vacation in a year by putting in extra hours on weeks I do work. That said, my team has never pushed us to work overtime.) - FULLY PAID insurance premiums for employee AND family (Once you factor this in, pay is very competitive for region — at other companies, I’ve paid $7k+/year in health insurance premiums) - Very supportive of work-life balance - Generous 401k contributions (50% matching up to 6%) PLUS annual profit sharing - Supportive of WFH during pandemic and hybrid work for employees with longer commute. Overall, they are prioritizing going back to the office — which is great! Beautiful campus and great culture (something that has suffered a bit during WFH) — looking forward to getting back as soon as it’s safe! - Opportunity to work on amazing products that support incredible work in all kinds of spaces. It’s a good feeling to know you’re contributing to a company that helps users do such amazing things! - Lots of great people working at this company for a long time really speaks to how well the company treats employees

Cons

- While it’s great that Esri has prioritized our health and safety during the pandemic, I and many I know are looking forward to getting back to the office. If you’re interested in remote work, lots of other companies are offering that. I’m glad Esri is committed to getting us back to in-person collaboration. - Utilization of internal communications systems like Teams during WFH has led to these becoming a sort of internal social media (complete with tribal in-fighting) that stands in as a (hopefully temporary) more toxic company culture.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Some departments are better than others

Oct 24, 2021 - Instructional Designer in Redlands, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Nice colleagues, Good location

Cons

Pressure to work overtime, Need better Work - life balance

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Working for a billionaire… what do you expect?

Oct 27, 2021 - Program Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is highly dependent on your manager, but for me there was somewhat flexible work life balance.

Cons

One of the worst companies to work for if you are LQBTQ+ or from a minoritized group. You’ll have no opportunities for promotions and make significantly less money than your non-minoritized counterparts even if they have less education and experience than you. When I worked there I also witnessed many cases where people were silenced if they tried to advocate for themselves or dared to ask for a raise greater than the yearly $1 per hour increase. I’m soooooo thankful I was able to leave when I did. Lots of the good reviews come from the demographic of people who are set up for success Esri. I hear from friends who still work there that they’re now dealing with record turnover and I can’t say I’m surprised. As someone who never made it into the old boys club I can say with certainty I’m much happier working elsewhere! Being at esri was like being stuck in a time machine of corporate America in 1990.

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

good work but bad culture - Esri new delhi R&D center.

Sep 16, 2021 - Data Scientist in New Delhi
      Business Outlook

Pros

1 interesting work. 2. opportunities to get worldwide recognition through conferences. 3. nice work-life balance. 4. nice insurance policy.

Cons

1. non-collaborative work environment, everyone works on their projects, hinders teamwork. 2. Lots of manual testing of software. 3. Everything you do will be for demos, no real impact, everything is to impress higher management and CEO to improve reputation of the team. 4. growth depend on how favourite are you to the manager. 5. no place to go if you have issues with manager, HR isn't helpful they will take side with the manager always. Sometimes, one feels helpless as there is no one to talk to. 6. No annual review of the manager from their team.

1 person found this review helpful