Find jobs for Engineering Manager

Updated 25 Mar 2018

3.9
Etsy CEO Josh Silverman
Josh Silverman

"Bring your full self; Everybody is helpful"

5.0
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Etsy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked at Etsy for over 5 years and 2 things that are still 100% true is that Etsy is a company where you can bring your full self to work and everybody who works there goes out of their way to be helpful. We have always strived to be a welcoming place full of diverse people and ideas. The thing I appreciate about the new executive leadership is that that is still true and we're getting better at being more transparent and realistic about the business environment in which we operate, and our competition. Inclusion and collaboration has NOT been sacrificed for increased focus on working on the things that matter and align with a more focused strategy.

Cons

Planning, coordination, and prioritization continue to be areas that are undefined by Etsy's established culture and practices. This often can feel like chaos. As mentioned in the Pros section, everybody who works there truly cares about the company and their projects and strives to be helpful, but there can still be a lot of friction and overhead when it comes to resolving project conflicts (deadlines, staffing, etc). Another way to look at this is that Etsy has always valued empowering individuals and frontline teams to make decisions, which worked well when it was a 100 person company, but this hasn't scaled up.

Continue reading
    Etsy2018-03-25

"A new management team and philosophy"

4.0
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Etsy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company has a more pragmatic and focused approach for the strategy set forth.

Cons

For old time employees, it takes some adjusting - for new-comers, now is a great time to join.

Etsy2017-12-07

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 2 reviews