Find jobs for Product Manager

Updated 24 Jul 2019

3.1
Etsy CEO Josh Silverman
Josh Silverman

"Promising company, disappointing structure"

2.0
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Etsy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great product, fantastic teammates, engaging problem space

Cons

Engineering lacks strategic vision, company is disorganized, it feels like we reorg every three months. Tech debt keeps piling up and products don't ship due to lack of engineering accountability and management infighting

2. "Great time"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Etsy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good culture, good growth opportunities

Cons

nothing worth mentioning. I was pretty happy

"Avoid Product Management"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Brooklyn, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Etsy full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Positive mission and purpose, the customers are inspiring and loyal. And there is still a lot of potential in the marketplace to help them thrive. 2. The engineering team is full of collaborative and talented people. 3. The compensation, benefits, work/life balance and facilities are all really solid and a good model for others to follow.

Cons

1. Communication and data between teams doesn't flow freely but rather siloed and selectively. A handful of negative players appear to thrive here creating unhealthy friction. 2. The PM role lacks a strategic outlook and there is limited growth opportunities. Most are essentially pushed to manage projects, not deliver outcomes. 3. The PM org is being run by someone that never worked as a product manager w/ a management team that hasn't led product at scale for consumer tech businesses. 4. It's not a learning culture. At the end of every quarter, for example, there is a freakout, reshuffling of teams, tactics, etc. because some unrealistic goal(s) won't be hit.

Continue reading

"Senior Product Manager"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Etsy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Etsy is a place where you'll meet people you'll keep in touch with for a lifetime. The people and the energy is so special. Pros: working with people with strong empathy; the best engineering team. both teams i've been on at my time here have the most talented and generous engineers ever.

Cons

It's a large company, with a lot of products and a lot of research material so it takes a while to ramped up on everything.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews