Etsy Support Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Etsy CEO Josh Silverman
Josh Silverman

"Good place to work"

Former Employee - Support in New York, NY

I worked at Etsy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good culture, interesting environment, thoughtful employer, flexible working. this company has some really great talent. Some really strong managers leading good teams.

Cons

It doesn't always come across as though they live their values. feedback and recognition need to get a lot better. Management and leadership need to communicate more. Benefits and comp need to be more competitive Decision making process is painful for everyone Poor performers not addressed

Advice to Management

Focus on your people. You have some really great talent but they can be overshadowed and you're running the risk of losing them. Address your poor performers.

Etsy2016-02-10

"Some Good Some Bad"

Current Employee - Support in Hudson, NY

I have been working at Etsy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, unlimited sick days, flexible working schedule. Generally, management is friendly and available if you have any issues. Its also nice to be a part of a well known company.

Cons

The culture is totally contrived, so there isn't a ton of room for diversity. Little to no racial diversity (as with most tech companies) and this doesn't look like it'll change anytime soon. Management is overly concerned with work "culture" and ends up hiring people who can't do the work just because they're a good cultural fit. Would be great to spend less time talking about composting (if you get what I mean) and...

Advice to Management

Don't waste time and money on people who will not thrive in this company just because they're vegan and have an Etsy shop. Culture isn't everything.

Etsy2015-09-03

"Director Support"

Current Employee - Director Support in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Etsy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent Sellers. Great repeat buyers. Marketplace humming along.

Cons

Senior Management is missing the big picture and don't know what to do

Advice to Management

Hire leaders

Etsy2014-03-29

Etsy Response

May 12, 2015.

"The poster of this review is entitled to their opinion, but as the actual Director of Support at Etsy (now and at the time the review was written), I feel it's my responsibility to say that this is not my post."

Found 3 reviews