Eurofins Scientific Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 22 October 2017

Eurofins Scientific Chairman and CEO Gilles G. Martin
Gilles G. Martin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance, benefits, company culture (in 12 reviews)

• The company is growing fast so there are plenty of opportunities (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay; lack of communication; poor severance pay for anyone that has more that 2 years (in 16 reviews)

• Poor working condition, low salaries and no work life balance (in 7 reviews)

"Good place on some levels"

Current Employee - Sample Registration Technician in Wolverhampton, England
    Current Employee - Sample Registration Technician in Wolverhampton, England

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back as long as your work is done on time . Easier to approach managers with problems than other places I've worked

Cons

Great people . Love my job but hate my hours . Looking at a rotating shift pattern within team hopefully it will work out

Advice to Management

Although my training was great . . I see others in different departments struggle . . Rather than rely on agency staff who don't really want that job, to build a team try asking internally for personal recommendations from trusted staff when there are job opportunities . .

2. "It's ok"

Current Employee - R & D Agronomist in Melbourne, East Midlands, England
    Current Employee - R & D Agronomist in Melbourne, East Midlands, England

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work is interesting and the people I work with are great for the most part. It is varied enough to keep the job interesting.

Cons

Not particularly flexible with hours, only give lieu time for weekend work so any weekday overtime is not paid. Generally the work load is quite high so it's a struggle to fit it all in at times. Pay isn't great and equipment could be improved.

3. "It's a very good starting point for people without any expierience"

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Acton, London, England
    Current Employee - Lab Technician in Acton, London, England

Pros

You can learn loads of things if you want to

Cons

It's not easy to progress. Constantly under pressure. Not the best working environment

Advice to Management

Salary Review. Progressiveness

5. "Laboratory"

Pros

Good to work with that company because gives experience.

Cons

Hired employees from everywhere, a few/lots of them not professional thereby it may be lack of right manner , attitude , good communication skill etc.

6. "An OK place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Analytical Chemist in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - Senior Analytical Chemist in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and flexible working.Everyone is united and there is a good atmosphere in the company. There are good opportunities for now staff to learn new skills and get training.

Cons

While there is training available, there is no real wage progression although a structure for progression is often promised, it never materialises. Promising staff often leave once trained because they can get a big wage bump elsewhere.

Advice to Management

A more flexible wage structure would help retain staff.

7. "Lab technician 1"

Current Contractor - Lab Technician in Louisville, KY (US)
    Current Contractor - Lab Technician in Louisville, KY (US)

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management. The managers really listen to concerns employees have and care about employees well-being

Cons

When you are new, you get stuck doing what no one wants to do most of the week. Don't get to do much science related stuff

8. "Marketing Intern"

Former Intern - Marketing
    Former Intern - Marketing

I worked at Eurofins Scientific as an intern

Pros

Pro, the company allowed me to take time off for outside development.

Cons

Cons the pay wasn't great.

9. "Many responsibilities but very few rewards"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Dunkirk (France)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Dunkirk (France)

I worked at Eurofins Scientific full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a Junior, I was assigned a project that required much more experience that I could account for. The responsibilities were high and I grew professionally at a very fast pace. I achieved more in 1 year at Eurofins than I ever thought I could, pushed myself to my limits and gained invaluable experience.

Cons

The pay was very low for the amount of work put in, the stress involved and the pressure. Management was nearly nonexistent and was very happy to let me take all the responsibility an blame if a mistake was made, never re-evaluating itself. For a global leader in laboratory analysis, I was appaled by how badly employees were taken care of, especially for the technical staff (underpaying while asking autonomous, pro-active and hardworking personnel)

Advice to Management

Better value and take care of your technical staff. For big projects, hire people with more experience, capable of handling egos as well as pressure.

10. "Scientist II"

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time

Pros

Being an in-sourced employee is better than being a sub-contractor or contractor with no benefits

Cons

The pay scale scale as compared to colleague counterparts sucks. we get paid less to do more work and it's often the grunt work, of which we are given no credit or recognition

Advice to Management

Step up your game. Employees are disenchanted after the 1st year of employment.

11. "Technically Flexible (several year experience)"

Current Employee - Burnt Out Yes Man (One of the Buildings From the Pictures)
    Current Employee - Burnt Out Yes Man (One of the Buildings From the Pictures)

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great. Learned a plethora of knowledge from the manufacturing and services (molecular biology) aspects, as well as IT, marketing, and sales aspects. Awesome resume builder. Learned many business as well as life lessons.

Cons

Volatile market and lack of response time from upper management. Company is on a race to the bottom in pricing. Company can't afford experienced staff (high turnover).

Advice to Management

Don't let sales bury the company. Good sales people can sell without completely butchering prices. There is no reason that pricing should be 10 - 30 percent of what it was 4 years ago........