Evans Halshaw Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 78 reviews

2.3
Evans Halshaw CEO Trevor G. Finn
Trevor G. Finn
Pros
  • "The dealership I work at is decent, not too highly strung in terms of sales targets or management(in 6 reviews)

• "Good structure, good people, great people development(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Sales Executive (Used)"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Evans Halshaw full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm into my 2nd week working here and absolutely love it. Great to show case my customer service skills and sales. Meet all different people from all walks of life which keeps the job fresh. Potential to make bucket loads of money for doing something a enjoy.

Cons

Long hours but in a positive sense this gives to the time to make more money and the days fly by.

Advice to Management

Management so far is great and plenty support through my transition to becoming a car sales executive.

Evans Halshaw2019-04-17
  2. "Fun environment"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Sheffield, England

I worked at Evans Halshaw full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting job, friendly company

Cons

Long hours, low rate of pay

Advice to Management

Higher rate of pay

Evans Halshaw2019-05-11
  3. "Great progression opportunities"

I have been working at Evans Halshaw full-time

Pros

Good structure, good people, great people development. Fair and equal opportunities and fresh and innovative in the market. My leaders have all been supportive and developed me

Cons

Can earn more elsewhere but competitive

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Evans Halshaw2019-04-05

April 11, 2019

Thank you for leaving us a great review, we really appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to hear you are enjoying working with us.

4. "Lies and Broken Promises"

Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Evans Halshaw full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you're looking for a job to earn 20k a year and do next to nothing, then it's for you.

Cons

Originally employed as a Sales Executive, upon a restructure late in 2018, despite hitting target threshold every month I was forced into a new role being told "redundancy" was the other option. I lost all interest in the role, the only way to be a 'salesman' was to become a 'manager' Despite all this, I still continued to do my role, including taking on additional tasks such as training new starters. This was not...

Advice to Management

Forcing out valuable assets will only come back to bite the company. By doing so you've lost many employees and now have majority staffing who have no idea how to sell a car.

Evans Halshaw2019-05-08
  5. "Sales executive"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Wolverhampton, England

I have been working at Evans Halshaw full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mainly the team members who you spend so much time with you become close friends

Cons

The quality of cars are absolutely disgraceful and our fully out of depth as a company

Advice to Management

Stop trying to retail anything and everything leave that to car store and other dead car supermarket places

Evans Halshaw2019-04-16
  6. ":)"

Current Employee - Sales Administrator in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Evans Halshaw full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've worked here for ten years. And loved every minute of it. We have an amazing team, our DP is so supportive. Lovely work family we have.

Cons

Pay isn't the best for what's expected.

Advice to Management

Pay increases

Evans Halshaw2019-03-12

March 25, 2019

Thank you for leaving us a great review, we are so pleased to hear you are enjoying working with us. We will take your advice on board for the future.

"AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!"

I have been working at Evans Halshaw full-time for more than a year

Pros

None that are worth mentioning!

Cons

Long hours, no proper lunch breaks, unprofessional, inexperienced, lazy, Management. No job role support and sporadically changing employees job roles without proper consultation. A disorganised company that focuses more on hitting targets than customers needs. Lack of customer support following the sale of the vehicles. Customers are classed as a commodity alongside the cars themselves! Salary doesn't reflect the stressful...

Advice to Management

Employ Managers that are trained to a much higher standard, that understand the needs of customers and employees alike. Educate them on 'people skills' and the industry that they have entered into.

Evans Halshaw2019-03-26

April 11, 2019

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time working with us. We take customer service and support for our Team Members very seriously and will feedback your comments for the future.

8. "Good once you know what’s what"

Current Employee - Used Car Sales Executive in Manchester, England

I have been working at Evans Halshaw full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the people there are amazing, great team around you makes the long shifts that bit better. Good earning potential if you know how to hit targets and stay there

Cons

long hours 8:30-7 5 days a week, no weekends. low basic so have to hit targets to earn anything worth saving. some managers don’t care and will fob you off without even trying to help.

Advice to Management

Make sure business managers help new and old staff.

Evans Halshaw2019-03-01

March 25, 2019

Thank you for leaving us a review, we will take your feedback about leaders at your dealership on board for the future.

9. "sales administrator"

I have been working at Evans Halshaw full-time

Pros

not bad pay for administration role

Cons

dealing with ediots most of the day

Advice to Management

get a grip!

Evans Halshaw2019-03-13

March 25, 2019

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are sorry to hear you are not enjoying working with us and will take your feedback on board for the future.

10. "Impossible to Achieve Bonus Target"

I have been working at Evans Halshaw full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hard to think of any!

Cons

Constantly moving the goal posts making it nearly impossible to achieve bonus target. No team spirit - everyone is pitched against each other leading to customers not getting the service they should expect. Bullying management in front of colleagues No pay rise in over 4 years (minimum wage) Deduct money for being sick even with hospital admittance report

Advice to Management

Take a look at wages for Admin staff - minimum wage with no pay increase in over 4 years is not acceptable. Train management how to handle disciplinary action - not to shout out issues so others can hear (this is constantly happening with sale staff.) Bullying staff members, particularly female sales members. Stop changing the bonus goal posts and be fair.

Evans Halshaw2019-01-27

March 25, 2019

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are sorry to hear you aren't enjoying working with us. We are constantly reviewing pay and edeavour to ensure our team members are recognised and awarded for their work. We will take your comments on board for the future. If you'd like some support, ...

Found 78 reviews