Everest Home Improvements Reviews

Updated Jan 28, 2022

Found 99 of over 155 reviews

3.8
Everest Home Improvements Director  Paula Chambers (no image)
Paula Chambers
Pros
  • "From the start of the Interview to working here for 3 months, I have nothing bad to say about Everest(in 24 reviews)

• "Flexible working hours, you get out what you put in(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No company is perfect and as Everest has changed there has been some pain to go along with that change(in 13 reviews)

• "Car park is over full so everyone has to block each other in(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic Company to work for

Jan 28, 2022 - Office Administrator in Welwyn, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Everest brings out the best in people, we work hard and deliver results. There is a friendly team environment where everyone is encouraged to do their best!

Cons

Like most businesses it has its every day frustrations, but overall nothing that would make me want to leave!

Everest Home Improvements Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. We greatly appreciate your comments and are pleased you are enjoying your role. Wishing you all the best for your future career with us.

2. 1.0

Awful experience

Jan 26, 2022 - Customer Service Agent in Cuffley, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I met a few genuine colleagues that I have remained friends with to this day

Cons

So it’s been many many years since I worked at this company but I feel I have the confidence to speak out now and share my experience working here. I was connected to the job through an agency, started off well, I grasped my role very quickly and even supported newer staff with the job role, I soon noticed there was a very big clique within the workplace. The manager had her, let’s just say, “ favourites”. There were no smoking break policies although this manager would happily help herself to as many as she pleased and made allowances for some of her favourites. Prior to starting the job, I explained that my only way of transport was by bus and that the timetable meant that I would arrive 5 mins late for my shift to which she was aware of, understood and was happy for me to start regardless of this. This particular manager in general was very temperamental, some days she was very friendly, others she was hostile and intimidating and she had a sharp tongue. One day, a situation happened which she wasn’t happy with me about, it was very minor but regardless, this manager screamed obscenities at me, swearing and insulting me down to the ground, I was shocked beyond belief, there were witnesses yet everyone watched in shock but stayed quiet. I was young at the time and didn’t have the confidence to know what to do, instead, it knocked my confidence and made me feel meek and small. I proceeded with the days, feeling shaken, this manager treated me horrid since and I did nothing. She bullied me and nobody helped me for fear of losing their own jobs. They’d seen it, I’d seen it, we’d all see how the company was run, there was a very high turn over of staff, if they didn’t quit soon before starting, they were soon fired, this was all too common, very few were valued, you were disposable, replaceable. Anyway, a week or so after this manager screamed swears at me, I had a call one morning before my shift. The agency that I’d obtained the job through, told me that Everest has decided to fire me due to “lateness” (although I was Rarely late outside of the agreed arrangement made prior to starting due to bus timetable and if I was ever, I’d always inform them, there was always good reason) I was SHOCKED! Part of me knew this day was coming since the day she screamed and humiliated me but “lateness” was the excuse they used?!?! I was baffled, I wish I spoke up about the bullying and discrimination I endured by a manager in my time there. The agency told me I was not allowed to step into the premises ever again after I asked him how I could retrieve my belongings. There was no warnings before this, no conversations, nothing. One of the worst working experiences of my life to date and since then I’ve worked for incredible companies which brought to light even more at the severity of ill treatment as an employee within that company.

Everest Home Improvements Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. We are very concerned by the comments that you have left in this review, which do not represent the business, or the values we uphold. As you have stated that you worked with us several years ago, while we would be unable to investigate these issues raised now, also not knowing the individuals involved, if you had made us aware at the time, formal processes would have been followed to establish if any further action needed to be taken. We encourage an inclusive working environment and hope that all employees/temporary workers feel empowered to report any such behaviours (even if they feel they need to anonymously) as they would not be tolerated. Everest values it’s workers and apologises if you did not feel like this at the time. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavours.

3. 1.0

Poor

Dec 30, 2021 - Project Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A bad car with a fuel card

Cons

No support, really bad organisational skills, a really bad company car. Poor pay

Everest Home Improvements Response

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's disappointing to see you did not enjoy your time working for Everest. We value any feedback, which will help us to continue to improve our employee experience. Hopefully you were able to raise any issues with your company car with fleet at the time. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavours.

4. 5.0

Great place to work

Oct 26, 2021 - Contact Centre in Stevenage, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Brilliant premises, great people to work with.

Cons

No cons, very happy place to work

Everest Home Improvements Response

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It's great to see you are enjoying your role and we wish you all the best in your future career with us.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for

Sep 18, 2021 - Customer Success Associate in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

highly supportive organised opportunities for growth

Cons

low salary no bonuses micromanaging

Everest Home Improvements Response

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to see that you are enjoying working for Everest. We greatly appreciate your feedback and wish you all the best in your career with us.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Territory Manager

Mar 1, 2021 - Territory Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom to maximise your earning potential, good bonuses.

Cons

Poor senior management with high tur over of staff

Everest Home Improvements Response

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Hopefully any concerns you had with management you were able to escalate while working here. It's great to see that you were pleased with your earning potential. We wish you all the best.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Okay place to work

Feb 23, 2021 - Operations in Warrington, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The colleagues are great and so friendly

Cons

Wage/ management are awful and not helpful

Everest Home Improvements Response

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Everest Ltd. If you had issues with your line management, I hope you were able to escalate this at the time when you worked at the company. It's nice to see you got on well with your colleagues.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company. Supportive Management Team.

Feb 1, 2021 - Manager in Cuffley, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people and the development.

Cons

Nothing of note other than the current pandemic making everything more difficult.

Everest Home Improvements Response

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to see that you enjoy working with the team and feel like you are able to develop your skills (even during this difficult time).

9. 1.0
      Current Employee

Very bizarre place to work

Oct 17, 2020 - Planning Coordinator in Ayr, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some people were great Free parking

Cons

Very strange place to work, very micromanaged to the point one of the team leaders would question you going to the toilet, a-lot of book lickers who have been there for years and don’t know anything other than to boot lick, team leader hiding forks at lunch time and giving people who are threatening staff a shoulder massage in the stationary room topped it off, can’t take the job seriously at all with people regularly crying, shouting and storming out. Some people were great and just found the place as ridiculous as me. Definitely not a career just somewhere for someone needing full time work or a stop gap between a better job. Watch out for staff who have been there years, would sell there soul for the company and not in a good way. Management need training definitely i have never seen such unprofessional management from one ‘team leader’ I really don’t think she is stable enough to be in that position and it’s unhealthy for the office.

1 person found this review helpful

Everest Home Improvements Response

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As you are currently employed with us, I advise you to please raise these concerns you have with senior management locally, so that they are able to address.

10. 3.0

Company review

Aug 29, 2020 - Sales Associate in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

learning new things , good job to start career specially in sales

Cons

working hours , long commuting

Everest Home Improvements Response

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 99 Reviews

Everest Home Improvements Reviews FAQs

Everest Home Improvements has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 155 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Everest Home Improvements to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 11% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Everest Home Improvements employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Everest Home Improvements. This rating has improved by 12% over the last 12 months.

70% of Everest Home Improvements employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Everest Home Improvements 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Everest Home Improvements to be benefits, coworkers, career development and the cons to be culture, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Everest Home Improvements Job Seekers