Everest Home Improvements Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.7
Everest Home Improvements CEO Peter Mottershead
Peter Mottershead

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people to work for, good team spirit (in 6 reviews)

• If you are hard working and good at what you do, then some great career opportunities (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Head office is undergoing some improvement works as it is a little tired at the moment (in 8 reviews)

• The head office car park is often overfilled and needs some TLC (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"General from a sales perspective"

Current Employee - Divisional Development Manager in Southampton, England
    Current Employee - Divisional Development Manager in Southampton, England

Pros

Joined in 2011 believing I wouldn't stay for longer than 3 months, Yet 6 years later still here and in a senior sales management position. Great people to work for, good team spirit.
    Company moving from strength to strength, wouldn't work anywhere else in industry

Cons

Undergone a lot or recent changes, but things now settling down. Firmly believe we are in a much better position than when I started my journey 6 years ago

Advice to Management

Keep it going, its on the right track, ,the recent changes are starting to pay dividends, would like to see simplification in some of our processes and Head office functions.

27 Nov 2017

That is great news! At Everest we like to look after all of our employees and create opportunities for everyone. We are developing rapidly and are very excited by the prospect of happy employees.

2. "Field Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Field Sales Consultant in Aberdeen, Scotland
    Current Employee - Field Sales Consultant in Aberdeen, Scotland

I have been working at Everest Home Improvements full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Can be very financially rewarding.
    Flexible working hours.
    The best products on the market.
    Established 52 years.
    Very approachable management.

Cons

Lack of company leads
    Lack of assisted self gen

Advice to Management

Get marketing and leads department to work harder for our area.
    Oversee the growth of assisted self gen team.

27 Nov 2017

Hi there, our marketing team at Everest, whether its telesales, canvassing, digital or advertising are dedicated to generating leads. Also, we are now investing more money than ever into marketing in... More

3. "marketing manager"

I have been working at Everest Home Improvements full-time

Pros

flexible work with good opportunities to earn a good wage

Cons

commission only work makes it hard to get motivated if having bad results

5. "Installation Centre Manager"

I have been working at Everest Home Improvements full-time

Pros

Lots of challenges make each day go very quickly. Newly developed dashboard to aid operations

Cons

Excessively long hours. Complicated pay structure for installers. Installer fees could be improved to attract better installers and keep current good ones happy.

22 Jan 2018

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to see your positive comments. As you know there is always room for improvement and we appreciate you bringing your ideas forward. It is key that our staff... More

6. "Get into the 21st century"

I have been working at Everest Home Improvements full-time

Pros

Not really much to say.

Cons

Management need to recognise people at the sharp end ie. Operations as were treated like second class.

Advice to Management

Recognise people

22 Jan 2018

Thank you for your time leaving a review. We are very sorry you feel this way. We are advocates for Everest’s Equality and Diversity Policy at the business and want all of our staff to feel... More

7. "Terrible Company"

Former Employee - Operations Planner in Ayr, Scotland
    Former Employee - Operations Planner in Ayr, Scotland

I worked at Everest Home Improvements (More than a year)

Pros

The only good reason to work for Everest is the staff in the office. They are truely some of the nicest people I have ever worked with.

Cons

Within this company, there is a huge staff turn around which means that when staff leave, others are left to pick up their work load without any extra pay. At one point I was doing a job that was meant for 3 people and as a result of the staff being very over worked and under paid, they were signed off sick by the doctor due to stress. I would advise people to think very carefully before going to work for this company. I could sit here all day and list off what is wrong with working for this company.

Advice to Management

Pay you’re staff more, thank then more often for all the work they are putting in and perhaps it may an idea to pay them a fairer bonus scheme as most managers can earn up to an extra 1k per month while the office staff earn as little as £2.50.

24 Jan 2018

Thank you for your feedback, each review is very important to us. I am terribly sorry that you feel this way we will endeavour to rectify the issues you have faced. We have several policies in place... More

"Unprofessional business"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England
    Former Employee - Sales in London, England

I worked at Everest Home Improvements full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A good experience if you want to end up with a proper job that pays a basic salary and commision after this one.

Cons

To Start off with this company really does need to change its ways. First week starts off with a one week training where you are treated like kids ( oh and btw do not fall for the if you eat outside you can claim it lie, they will end up not paying for it and payroll will end up just ignoring your emails and calls).

If your territory is changed for unknown reasons without being asked to you do not be shocked.

Managers have full control of your leads which brings the fact that leads are not handed out fairly and you may end up with a lot of unrealistic leads. The company’s front line callers literally lie to customers and then force you into their homes so you can make a sale. I had a customer where they told her i was someone who was going to fix her door she already purchased from Everest and i ended up selling the lady another door that day (so where did the guarantee go with the first door? Non existent).

When door knocking you are expected to be ruthless and brainwashed into thinking that is the only way to succeed (also told to knock on doors that say no door knocking). Manager can also hold onto your commission and mess you around with it, even though you are paying for your expenses out of your pocket and you just basically want the money that you earned from working hard.

Lastly how does the company first fell the customer a product is £30k then lower it to £15k then say oh let me call my manager lie and bring it down to £8k? All this needs to be changed.

Advice to Management

If the management wanted to take advice the company wouldn’t operate like this in the first place.

9. "Company I'm Proud to Work for!"

Current Employee - Asset Manager & Photography Coordinator in Cuffley, England
    Current Employee - Asset Manager & Photography Coordinator in Cuffley, England

I have been working at Everest Home Improvements full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Everest Full-Time for only 5 months now and I really enjoy my job and working in the marketing department. My colleagues are friendly and helpful when I need them. The managers and marketing director are easy approach, to talk to and are always there for you when you have any problems. I'm aware of how I can grow in this business and how to do so. I really appreciate what Everest has done for me and am very thankful for the Job I have here.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

27 Nov 2017

We are very pleased that you are happy at Everest. We make sure we do our best to create the perfect work place for all our employees.

10. "Professional and rewarding work"

Current Employee - Training & Quality Coordinator in Cuffley, England
    Current Employee - Training & Quality Coordinator in Cuffley, England

I have been working at Everest Home Improvements full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only good things to say about Everest, the work atmosphere is vibrant, friendly and professional. My Manager and her Director have a clear vision and are always placing innovation at the forefront of what they do.

There is definite scope to better yourself as they readily offer further education and training. I find my job very rewarding and look forward to a bright future at Everest.

Cons

The head office car park is often overfilled and needs some TLC

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work being yourselves and raising the bar within the home improvements industry!

27 Nov 2017

Thank you for all of your positive comments we really appreciate it. We like to reward our staff and acknowledge their success at all times.

11. "Everest Review"

I have been working at Everest Home Improvements full-time

Pros

Exciting and challenging role, varied day to day activity.
    The ability to make a real difference in a medium sized business.

Cons

Not enough events and activities run for staff

Advice to Management

Focus more on target driven performance.

27 Nov 2017

We are very pleased that you are enjoying your career with us! We are adding more exciting events to our calendar now. The marketing team have come up with fun activities for the new year.