Everest Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.9
Everest CEO Peter Mottershead
Peter Mottershead

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people to work for, good team spirit (in 6 reviews)

• If you are hard working and good at what you do, then some great career opportunities (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Head office is undergoing some improvement works as it is a little tired at the moment (in 8 reviews)

• The head office car park is often overfilled and needs some TLC (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"General from a sales perspective"

Current Employee - Divisional Development Manager in Southampton, England
    Current Employee - Divisional Development Manager in Southampton, England

Pros

Joined in 2011 believing I wouldn't stay for longer than 3 months, Yet 6 years later still here and in a senior sales management position. Great people to work for, good team spirit.
    Company moving from strength to strength, wouldn't work anywhere else in industry

Cons

Undergone a lot or recent changes, but things now settling down. Firmly believe we are in a much better position than when I started my journey 6 years ago

Advice to Management

Keep it going, its on the right track, ,the recent changes are starting to pay dividends, would like to see simplification in some of our processes and Head office functions.

2. "Company I'm Proud to Work for!"

Current Employee - Asset Manager & Photography Coordinator in Cuffley, England
    Current Employee - Asset Manager & Photography Coordinator in Cuffley, England

I have been working at Everest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Everest Full-Time for only 5 months now and I really enjoy my job and working in the marketing department. My colleagues are friendly and helpful when I need them. The managers and marketing director are easy approach, to talk to and are always there for you when you have any problems. I'm aware of how I can grow in this business and how to do so. I really appreciate what Everest has done for me and am very thankful for the Job I have here.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

3. "Professional and rewarding work"

Current Employee - Training & Quality Coordinator in Cuffley, England
    Current Employee - Training & Quality Coordinator in Cuffley, England

I have been working at Everest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only good things to say about Everest, the work atmosphere is vibrant, friendly and professional. My Manager and her Director have a clear vision and are always placing innovation at the forefront of what they do.

There is definite scope to better yourself as they readily offer further education and training. I find my job very rewarding and look forward to a bright future at Everest.

Cons

The head office car park is often overfilled and needs some TLC

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work being yourselves and raising the bar within the home improvements industry!

5. "Everest Review"

I have been working at Everest full-time

Pros

Exciting and challenging role, varied day to day activity.
    The ability to make a real difference in a medium sized business.

Cons

Not enough events and activities run for staff

Advice to Management

Focus more on target driven performance.

6. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Everest full-time

Pros

- Friendly bunch of people to work with
    - Exciting and dynamic range of projects to work on
    - Fast moving, never a dull moment

Cons

- Head office is undergoing some improvement works as it is a little tired at the moment

Advice to Management

Keep being the best!

7. "Customer Service adviser"

Former Employee - Cold Caller in Cuffley, England
    Former Employee - Cold Caller in Cuffley, England

I worked at Everest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lovely team working in the office
    Targets set were easily achievable

Cons

High turnover of staff, a lot of temps

Advice to Management

Better quality headsets to make conversations with customers easier

8. "Self employed sales consultant"

Pros

Flexible working hours to suit you
    Good support structure and induction course
    A number of performance related incentives throughout the year

Cons

No basic salary or car allowance, it's totally dependant on your commission.
    Product samples can be difficult to come by.

"parasitic management, No stability"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Colchester, England
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Colchester, England

I worked at Everest (Less than a year)

Pros

Some degree of working hours flexibility.

Cons

The days of the hard sell in the windows industry are long gone, but nobody has told everest!
    Sales tactics such as 'Your windows will be £50,000. No! ok, £25,000. No! ok, £10,000. No! ok, just let me phone my manager and get you a special deal!'
    These are all old news to todays internet savvy customers and it just turns them off. But Everest management are blind to the signs that any decent salesman should be able to read in their customers and still insist that sales is bound up in incongruous buzzwords such as 'he who speaks first loses!'
    Any sales organisation is only as good as the leads it can generate. I joined Everest having previously worked at Anglian, where over a four month period I received five (yes five) company leads. Everest is different, I was told at interview, so imagine my surprise when I turned up on the training course to find the trainer, marketing manager and another manager had all jumped ship from Anglian and were now espousing the virtues of Everest. And yes, you've guessed it, over the next two months I received a total of four company leads (yes thats right an average of one lead per week).
    Despite that, I went on to record some of the best sales in the area and maintained a closing rate of 1 in 3.
    Everest treat their self employed sales reps as a disposable commodity. Leads are low quality, often told by telesales that Everest will be the cheapest quote (a blatant lie), with way too many reps for the viable leads they manage to create. But what do Everest care, they don't pay their reps a salary, and you are using your own fuel, so they lose nothing sending you to leads who refuse to open the door when you get there (or simply pretend they are out).
    Management, however, enjoy inflated salaries and expenses, yet seem to contribute little to the sales process.
    Perhaps the thing that typifies Everests attitude towards its sales reps most was the introduction of a new contract in 2017, which demanded the payment of an IT maintenance fee of £40 per month from every rep, for a minimum of two years, even if you leave the company!
    Parasites!!!!

Advice to Management

Can Everest be fixed? Yes; get rid of your territory development managers, they are dead weight, Use fewer reps, but employ them and pay them a decent salary. That way, your marketing dept. will not have the luxury of creating duff leads, it would be in nobodys interest for your reps to visit dead leads, they would be better motivated and able to concentrate on the leads that will make money for reps and the company.
    The customers who want to buy Everest, and there are enough of them to sustain the business model I have described, are intelligent and market savvy. They want to deal with a sales professional, not play outdated sales games.

Everest Response

3 Nov 2017

Good afternoon, we are sorry you have left the business feeling this way. We genuinely care about every sales rep and try to support them whenever we can. We are disappointed you feel we did not... More

"New Starter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cuffley, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cuffley, England

Pros

I've been with Everest for a few weeks now, and it has been a great experience. All my colleagues have been really helpful and friendly and make it easy to settle in. Of course I have had concerns along the way, but the way they have supported me through these has been excellent. The HR team dealt with my application really quick, and kept me updated every step of the way.

Cons

It's still early days, but none yet!

Advice to Management

Nothing to add at the moment as the whole process so far has been great and really smooth from start to finish!!

11. "Good people but upper management completely out of touch. Also... not sure they pay tax!"

Pros

The general ground level staff are extremely friendly and down to earth and they had an on site kitchen with reasonable cost.

Cons

Upper managements are just statisticians. Direct management get very uncomfortable if you have a single conversation with a director at a tea point. Massively over demanding of engineers at the cost of the customer. They released a 'solid stone' window sill- they looked great but they left a sample in a hallway and it is just stone coated polystyrene! Looking at annual accounts on companies house shows a very unhealthy company and then looking at the capital investment company that purchased the company shows another unhealthy company. From memory the ultimate parent of the capital investment company is registered overseas. Pay is also very poor and uncompetitive

Advice to Management

Don't forget that it is the ground level staff that keep the company going and the tax paying customer that keeps you in business