Evidera Employee Reviews about "junior staff"

Updated 12 Nov 2017

3.8
Evidera President Karen Kaucic (no image)
Karen Kaucic
Cons

Reviews about "junior staff"

Return to all Reviews

"Good consultancy. Depends on team/personality"

Current Employee - Research Associate in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Evidera full-time for more than a year

Pros

In general, Evidera is a very good consultancy to work for. I have read some comments and would like to address a few points. - Team culture and senior personnel attitudes vary significantly between teams. In my opinion, teams do have their own personalities. Some teams are a lot more social than others. Others seem more direct and egotistical. There will never be a workplace where you feel 100% comfortable with everyone on your team, and as always your experience at work will depend a lot on your manager. - Someone mentioned strong hierarchical attitude - this is not too apparent within my team so I personally have not felt 'looked down upon' by my senior colleagues. Perhaps this is something that varies between business units - In-house training does not seem to be a problem for my team (might be for others); there is a supportive environment for learning. - If you value a motivated and driven environment, Evidera will work well for you. Most people are interested in the job at hand and are very qualified and experienced to produce high quality work. Mangers tend to recognize when you are working hard and performing well, and will subsequently want to give you more responsibilities - not just for the firm but for your professional development. - A good work-life balance is possible, however it is completely down to your own time management skills and your ability to communicate capacity. This means good planning of your workload, well ahead of time (work tends to come in waves as is normal in most consultancy environments); and it means having the ability/confidence to say no when you are not able to take on additional work/projects. I see a lot of people working late every day; I also see people leaving 'on time' every day. - Extremely competitive salary for junior staff, and flexible benefits are definitely desirable. - Good scope for career progression if you join as a junior member of staff; less true for very senior staff but applies everywhere.

Cons

There are not many cons. The ones below are minor nit picking and honestly most could occur anywhere in any workplace. - The fact that team cultures are different between business units (and there is little effort to force us to interact with each other) is a con. - Some teams have very little social aspect of work (not a pro or a con for me, but might be different for others). - Peer feedback is supposed to be anonymous however directors/managers can see who has provided feedback, so it is not truly anonymous. - Work life balance can suffer if you don't feel comfortable expressing your workload capacity. - High proportion of staff with PhDs; not really a con, but if you don't have a PhD it is easy to feel inadequate, especially if your team does not convey how to progress up the ladder without one. - Little scope for external training. - HR and Recruitment do not necessarily reflect the individual teams' attitudes and personalities, not really a con but may put some people off unnecessarily. - Seems to be little opportunity to work from home. Given the mature environment, and focus on constant workstreams/capacity/deliverables, I think Evidera should trust its staff more - attitudes towards working from home should be more relaxed for junior staff. This would make Evidera really stand out from the crowd.

"Research Scientist"

Former Employee - Research Scientist in Boston, MA

I worked at Evidera full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Predominately great people. Opportunity to work on interesting projects.

Cons

With growth came substantial culture change, which was managed very poorly. Many individuals in management positions have limited management experience/skills. Additionally upper management and thereby by default almost all staff has become more concerned about individual performance metrics (which includes sales/BD - centric targets; even for relatively Junior staff) than conducting quality work. Moral has been spiraling downward for years.

Evidera Response

November 20, 2017VP, HR

While I respect this individual's opinion, I would like to share a set of facts which contradict several items stated above. According to our 2017 all employee survey, 97% of employees are proud of the external reputation of the company and it's leaders and have an enjoyable working relationship with their colleagues. Evidera's 2017 attrition rate is the lowest in its history and substantially lower than other like consulting companies. At mid-year almost 10% of the staff received promotions as evidence that we focus on quality science and recognize outstanding performance. Our Research Leadership Council has just named 3 individuals recipients of their annual Scientific Excellence Award. Evidera continues its history of prolific publishing in the most prestigious scientific publications and maintains an active presence in industry leading conferences and organizations world-wide. These are facts that the company is very proud of.

"Research Associate II"

4.0
    Current Employee - Research Associate II in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Evidera full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of flexibility in schedule, good work/life balance, exciting and interesting work, lots of opportunities for staff development

Cons

Not much training (you learn as you go), sometimes difficult to manage workload effectively, not a lot of opportunities for mentorship, senior staff sometimes take advantage of junior staff

"Good learning place"

I have been working at Evidera full-time

Pros

You can learn a lot, if you are given the opportunity. Very competent senior staff. Some of the London senior staff members are great people on top of being very competent.

Cons

Stuck in time. Quite a lot of politics and back stabbing. Some senior staff will bark at junior staff during team meetings. This is very embarrassing to witness.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews