Evolent Health Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Oct 19, 2019

2.7
Evolent Health CEO      Frank Williams
Frank Williams

"Take it for what it is."

Former Employee - Lead Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Evolent Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting work and fellow associates people

Cons

very cliquish. It all comes down to who you know and how political you are.

Advice to Management

It is not high school. Performance not popularity should matter most.

Evolent Health2019-10-19

"Data Analyst"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Pune

I worked at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Approachable upper management Working hours flexibility if possible Good Infrastructure and location Availability to all available resources needed to get the work done. Access to whatever is needed to get the work done Great set of employees Good quality of work

Cons

Lower management trying to create gaps in between employees and higher management in order to create a false image and self benefit especially in HPS IT Ops.

Advice to Management

Arrange more skip levels and keep employees engaged since it will avoid the communication gap created by lower management. Don't trust everything the managers state, they have their own version of story each time. Instead reach out to employees directly and make them feel comfortable to talk freely about issues.

Evolent Health2019-10-17

"Unlimited PTO isn't enough to deal with the favoritism and lack of clarity"

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited PTO Remote Work Opportunities

Cons

Direction changes every week and you will get scolded for following the previous week's instructions. Impossible to keep up with the constant fires because nothing is every actually addressed. Implementations are rushed and go-live dates promised for services we aren't even capable of supplying to begin with. Everything gets a band aid and it's analytics job to clean it up. The reviews claiming this work... environment is good are NOT coming from the employees. The fact that there are fake positive reviews makes it obvious just how unhealthy this work environment is.

Advice to Management

Favoritism is a problem. This is not high school and these issues are blatantly obvious.

Evolent Health2019-10-08

"Part of the Config team, responsible for managing Client Connectivity"

Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility helps managing work/life balance

Cons

Upper Management needs to focus on building a robust, transparent and realistic business model

Evolent Health2019-09-19

"Chicago Office"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Close to transportation downtown Chicago.

Cons

Like to be micromanaged? Look no further. This is the job for you. Expected to be flexible but not given flexibility. Some of the expectations make no sense at all based on current technology and telecommunications availability. Work itself is not rocket science but every call and every document is looked at and criticized without having any positive effects. Employees treated like school children. Multiple... management layers without any benefit.

Advice to Management

Reward and recognize those who are actually doing the work vs. Creating positions for favorites. People are being harrassed and bullied here. Time to look into it.

Evolent Health2019-08-14

"I am confident again"

Analyst

I have been working at Evolent Health

Pros

Clearer focus. As stated in other reviews, it is true that the company switched its focus too often previously, which made many employees lost in direction and much investment wasted. However, since mid-year 2019, the company has set forth five priorities, providing a very clear picture going forward. The management is transparent (finally!) about the consequence of not meeting those priorities. The organization... structure is re-aligned. I once again feel confident about our path. There is of course risk of no winning the Medicaid contract with the state of Kentucky. But the submission is nicely done. There is risk of everything we do in life and business. Trying your best is all you could do. Talented coworkers. Although Evolent is more a service and payment organization than a pure consulting firm, you do see a high concentration of experienced professionals, Ivy League graduates and those with a doctorate degree. I am an average graduate of a top-10 university in the world, and I am nowhere near the intelligence level of many of my colleagues. I learn so much from them every day. Compassionate coworkers. My coworkers have such good hearts. They care about our patients. I was so moved when listening to outreach specialists calling patients to schedule appointment, or pharmacists doing medication reviews. Also, my coworkers volunteer in their residential and professional communities. For example. In the holiday season, almost every employee volunteers in her or his local food bank, aging facility, etc. Some employees used their money and vacation days to serve in medical trip to the Dominica Republic, in partnership with Timmy Global Health, helping the most vulnerable rural population. We have a nationally accredited managed care pharmacy residency program (PGY1). Many preceptors in the program contribute their spare time to give back to the professional community. We also host HIMSS interns (Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society) in our premise every year. We are a long-term internship partner of a local college (George Mason University). Flexible work style. You could work at anytime from anywhere as long as you get your job done.

Cons

All the cons mentioned from other reviews. They are true and need to be treated seriously by HR and management. Utilize this forum as free constructive feedback and act!

Evolent Health2019-07-26

"Toxic, Volatile environment"

Current Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible PTO-this is really it

Cons

No snacks No Recognition for work No growth, development No team mindset Decreasing/changing benefits Lack of management Layoffs without replacements General discord within company

Advice to Management

None, Evolent is going down.

Evolent Health2019-07-22
  8. "Claims Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Claims Analyst in Pune

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best place to work in Evolent

Cons

I never had any bad experience

Advice to Management

Management is very supportive and i am lucky to be a part of it

Evolent Health2019-05-24

"Low Morale"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy the team I work with.

Cons

I have been here a few years now and have seen drastic changes (not positive ones) that have direct impact on the employees here. I wish communication from our C-suite was better and more personal. Morale has gotten so bad here that it can make it hard to get through the day and stay positive. There is also a great deal of confusion and unknowns about the future of the company and the direction it will go. For... now, I would say stay away from the company until they figure all of these things out and stabilize. Also, one thing that really bothers me is that our bonuses were cut and 401k is now paid out once a year (so hopefully you are still employed by EVH when that happens) and even that once a year is based on company performance (so maybe we will get a match?)

Advice to Management

Slow down, listen to people and make better decisions. Not just the decisions you THINK "look" good.

Evolent Health2019-05-13

"Unlimited PTO"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited PTO started this year

Cons

Health insurance could be better

Evolent Health2019-03-27