Evolent Health Director Reviews

Updated 28 Jun 2020

2.7
Evolent Health CEO      Frank Williams
Frank Williams
  1. "Heath care domain company, great place to work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Pune

I worked at Evolent Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, great infrastructure , working on almost every technologies, employee friendly, location is best part

Cons

I am very difficult to find any cons in this company

"Great Experience"

Former Employee - Director

I worked at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart motivated team members, creative work spaces, collaborative groups, clean office, fun environment, good benefits, remote work

Cons

Leadership communication hurdles, late nights to complete deliverables, vendor dependencies

3. "Good Benefits/Work Left To Do"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Evolent pays well and offers a lot of PTO that doesn't take years to earn.

Cons

Evolent grew very fast so there has been a lot of growing pains. While we have made great strides, we have work left to do.

4. "Nice place to work"

Current Employee - Director, Analytics in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice and smart people to work with

Cons

Too many changes over the past couple years and hard to focus and complete a lot of work

"Management is lacking"

2.0
    Current Employee - Director of Operations

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

work environment is team oriented

Cons

upper management is not honest

"Lost its luster"

Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Casual dress, unlimited PTO, plenty of WFH flexibility. Good people. If you came in now, you’d have a fine experience, you just wouldn’t know what you were missing.

Cons

It’s just not as exciting as it used to be. It’s no longer physician led and it’s de-emphasized sophisticated care management programs. More TPA focused now. It’s a company with a bold mission that’s lost its energy. Separating into distinct business units stifles energy for the company as a whole.

"Positivity is Contagious..."

Current Employee - Director in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is the most flexible, transparent, and kind organization I’ve ever worked for. Unlimited PTO and the ability to work from home enable me to balance life outside of the office - that’s insane and so appreciated! Transparency within the organization is also like none that I’ve ever experienced. Leaders take feedback from employees seriously and take action where they can. I’m optimistic about the future of the company and trust that we’re doing what we can to follow through on commitments to employees.

Cons

A lot of recent change, but what I signed up for. Evolent has been acting as a start up, because it has been.

"Good company, amazing growth, poor communication"

Current Employee - Director in Remote, OR

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Awesome benefits, ability to work from home , and amazing coworkers. Evolent has a knack for hiring very intelligent people.

Cons

Cross-company terminations. Not layoffs, but termination. Evolent lost a huge amount of their talent, only to later post positions that could have been filled by experienced personell.

September 4, 2019Associate Director of Recruitment

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. We’re really glad to hear that you are enjoying our benefits and flexible environment. We also agree that our Evolenteers are truly exceptional! 2019 was a tough year. As we look to 2020 and beyond, our Talent team is prioritizing internal mobility. We realize how important it is to retain our talent and appreciate your suggestions.

9. "Review"

Former Employee - Director

I worked at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

Flexibility with wfh and time off

Cons

People managers have little training

October 10, 2019Associate Director of Recruitment

We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed the flexible environment as well as the time off during your time with Evolent. We’re sorry to hear that you did not feel that you had enough training available. Our Learning Center has a bevy of information on training available for managers. Our HR team has also implemented office hours for those interested in having 1x1 time with someone that can help point them in the right direction RE: areas they’d like to improve. Motivating people to help themselves is a top priority!

"Shockingly Bad"

1.0
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

So many great people with such talent and passion for taking care of people (who are leaving as quickly as they can find other jobs)

Cons

Executive leadership and some mid-level leaders with Napolean Complex. It's equal parts sad and infuriating. Stripping away benefits quickly so the ones brave enough to remain are continually being punished for doing so. Cheating providers out of risk adjustment incentives and giving false data are just two of the problems that plague this rapidly-declining organization.

October 10, 2019Associate Director of Recruitment

Sometimes change is scary and having to say goodbye to staff members as a result of that change is never easy. Growing companies have growing pains, and while Evolent has had some uphill battles in the past year, we are poised to have a bright future. Our leadership team’s dedication to making communication more transparent will continue to bolster employees trust in the company’s vision for the future.

Found 64 reviews