Evolent Health Managing Director Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Sep 2018

2.6
Evolent Health CEO      Frank Williams
Frank Williams

"Extremely painful working at Evolent"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company is on the growth path. Seemingly promising future.

Cons

Too much politics and bureaucracy. Partiality and favoritism galore. Promotions not based on performance but rather favoritism and if they threaten to leave. Strong employees will feel undervalued unless they are also the favorites.

Advice to Management

C-level executives need to have skip-level one-on-ones to understand how their team members one or two levels down really feel or what they experience otherwise there will be lot of attrition.

Evolent Health2018-09-16

"Male Indian Managers"

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Evolent Executive leadership truly lives up to the values and culture. Lots of learning opportunities both in technology and leadership. Strives hard to reach out to all and be inclusive.

Cons

Too heavy with one ethnic race . Privileges given to Indians to visit the Pune office during the personal trip sets wrong precedence. Almost all male Indian managers treat Indian woman poorly and unfairly compared to other non-Indian woman. Some Indian male managers have no respect for time or agenda. They are traditionally late to all meetings,talk over each other and worst yet is even unaware that it is a disrespectful behavior.

Advice to Management

While advocating for diversity, dont look at only gender inclusion. Please provide advice to middle management on how to cross the bridge from management to leadership.

Evolent Health2018-08-08
  3. "Managing Director"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Atlantic Beach, NC

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company lives the mission of Changing Healthcare for the Country! I feel like i am able to influence this everyday in the things I do. This is a daunting task, so I find myself challenged to meet the demands. It happens as part of a team, though. There is a strong commitment to culture and culture that values team and individual effort, diversity and inclusion.

Cons

Sometimes crunch time is crunch time. Have to be willing to work hard to meet values like " Run through walls".

Evolent Health2016-09-21
  4. "Managing Director"

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Evolent Health is an innovative healthcare organization with exceptional leadership and a true vision. The organization is not only highly focused on its clients but also its employees and the community. I have worked for many organizations and Evolent is by far the best place I have been. It is the talent and focus that drives the success of the company.

Cons

In certain roles the demand for travel can be higher, but it is still much less than traditional consulting roles. I have always had full transparency around travel requirements and expectations while at Evolent and before I was hired.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on growth and scaling. Also, continue to infuse creative new elements into the employee benefits program.

Evolent Health2015-10-20
  5. "Managing Director"

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

The reasons I find Evolent a great place to work is the people, the culture/values of the company and the leadership. There are smart people who are passionate about our mission which brings positive energy and excitement about what we are trying to do. The culture and values of the organization are words you can live behind. Since the organization is still really young, we are a work in progress but we keep trying to make things better. I also have flexibility which is really important to me. Lastly, the leadership, which cares about our employees and are purposeful about what we are creating at Evolent.

Cons

The organization has grown really quick so you need to be flexible and adaptable to work here. You have to be comfortable with change because it is happening frequently.

Advice to Management

Keep caring about the role and impact you have on the organization. And keep coaching the leaders you have below you to be the best leaders and managers of our most important asset - our Talent.

Evolent Health2015-06-03