Evolent Health Reviews

"Don't Work Here"

2.0
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, work from home and benefits- PTO

Cons

Upper Management, Lack Communication and show favoritism in certain depts

Continue reading
  2. "Excellent place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Pune

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

Excellent place to work. I am working here since three years, they have given me very good opportunities. Management and HR is very supportive. Perfect work life balance

Cons

Lower pay scale compared to market

"Another layoff"

2.0
    Current Employee - Clinical Operations Manager

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

Right now? A job..... Maybe PTO, but good luck taking it with the stranding structure

Cons

100 people let go this time, 500 last year. Evolent needs an identity other than selling whatever keeps the lights on.

"Cool company on the decline"

Former Employee - Community Health Worker

I worked at Evolent Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay was good and some positions are remote.

Cons

The company is consistently doing layoffs, poor business decisions being made by the company.

"Pros and cons working for Evolenthealth"

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

Really smart people, a lot of opportunity for growth, always encouraged to be innovative, think big, and create something new.

Cons

Team leads/Directors are more passionate to work on new things, they won't delegate work to engineers, benefits are not that great, frequent layoffs.

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Configuration Specialist in Lisle, IL

I worked at Evolent Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

PTO and benefits and lunchroom

Cons

Horrible place to work. I worked in the config department. The directors were terrible and the managing director was worse. There is no hesitation to stab you in the back and the drama is terrible. Think again before you apply. There will be no stateside jobs verily soon as everything that can will go to Pune India.

7. "Solid Place to Work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Data Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment to work in

Cons

Hours can be a lot

"Save Yourself"

Former Employee - Configuration Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Evolent Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

PTO (unlimited but if you’re on configuration, they’ll decline it) Flexible (unless you’re on configuration) Some really good people work here and try to do their best to succeed but get pushed down.

Cons

No job security. They go through mass firings multiple times a year. No work/life balance. They expect you to work at any time. You could be in the middle of a project on a Saturday morning and they will repeatedly call/text you to sign on and do work. Favoritism. This runs rampant in this company. If they don’t like you, you will be written off until you’re fired. If they do like you, you’ll join their little clique and will need to work 60-80 hours a week (including holidays). HR. If you take the chance of speaking to HR, it will get back to department heads. Nothing is private. Lack of growth. If you try to leave configuration, they will do anything to keep you (including tell other teams you’re not available). Training. Or lack there of? They expect you to be fully trained when you walk in the door and if you’re not, they will belittle you on calls. (They we’re starting a training program that may help but again, you should know what you need to do the moment you arrive) Management. No guidance. No respect from them. They will talk to you any way they want. Meetings will not end on time and some nights you might be on a call until 7pm. They also keep bringing in people that don’t understand the system and don’t care to learn. They told us it’s just a system and anyone can learn it. They also want to just make copies of everything (even if that’s not what the client wants). Clients. They break contracts to leave (that’s how bad it is). Nearly every client is on an action plan because of how bad their system is set up and how many claims are pending. Environment. The offices are toxic. Everybody is angry and frustrated and take it out on each other. Teamwork. This is non-existent. Teams will throw work over the fence and not help. Each team will blame the other team and nothing will get done. Acknowledgement. If you’re a favorite, you’ll get rewarded highly. If you’re not, you’ll either be excluded from compensation or will get the lowest amount (no matter how much work you put in). They lost (left, not fired) numerous people in a short amount of time and she couldn’t be bothered to acknowledge all the work they had done over their career there or even attempt to keep any one of them. People continue to leave due to the poor management, lack of organization/structure, amount of disrespect/inconsideration/harassment and straight up bullying. Offshore. They’re sending as much work as possible offshore. People are losing their jobs because of this. If you’re seriously considering a job here, I hope you don’t have an outside life and don’t care how you’re treated. For your own sanity, look elsewhere. There are currently people leaving without another job lined up because it’s so bad. It’s normal for people to cry during meetings.

"Don't bother"

Current Employee - Configuration Specialist

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

PTO is unlimited, benefits are okay

Cons

The lack of respect by senior management is intolerable. The support is non existent and the amount of layoffs that happen on a regular basis should be investigated by HR.

Evolent Health Response

May 15, 2020Associate Director of Recruitment

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, although we're sorry to hear that you don't feel you're being supported properly. We'd really like an opportunity to work with you directly. Please consider sending a note to HumanResources@EvolentHealth.com so we can provide you with the support you are seeking.

10. "Employee-oriented company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pune

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Technology specialist, employee-oriented, emerging company

Cons

No cons as of now. The onboarding may take a little longer, it's expected as the company is growing exponentially and the processes are still under review and evolving gradually.

Found 604 reviews