Evolent Health Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated 7 Jul 2020

2.9
Evolent Health CEO      Frank Williams
Frank Williams
Cons

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews

"Uncertainty Over Job Security"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

Unlimited PTO for salaried, Work from Home, Pay

Cons

Cut backs on 401k match. Multiple layoffs each year. High turnover in certain departments. Multiple leadership changes. Poor management.

"Evolent Health"

Former Employee - Coordinator

I worked at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

Ability to work from home, health insurance, and PTO.

Cons

Too many unqualified managers who lacked the knowledge and ability to lead a team

"Miserable and horribly unstable place to work. Don't waste your time."

Current Employee - Configuration Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay, work from home (sometimes), unlimited PTO (if they let you use it)

Cons

Poor management, no integrity, long working hours, extremely high stress. Management is a joke. They just put people into positions that they are not qualified for...just because they need warm bodies to fill seats. Most of the people in management positions do not have adequate healthcare experience and they don't know how to motivate or effectively manage people. Managers make up their own rules as they go to suit their own agendas. Rules are bent for certain people and not others. Morale is extremely low. the majority of the people are looking for other jobs outside of the company. There are cliques everywhere and it feels like middle school mean girls all over again. Everyone is leaving at breakneck speed, that is if they survive the multiple (yes, multiple) layoffs that the company has every year. There is absolutely no stability and you're on a constant roller coaster. The company is always hurrying to do work that they're behind in and they don't plan ahead or manage their time, or resources, wisely. They lie to employees and over-promise or flat out lie to clients. They think that people are dumb and don't really see what's going on. Just read the other reviews on Glassdoor to see what's really going on. Managers don't trust the people under them, so they micro-manage everything. There are multiple directors reporting to directors...the management structure makes no sense and it's counter-productive. There is no respect of the chain of command. They have people in management positions and senior management oversteps them and also micromanages them all of the time. There is no privacy or loyalty. No professionalism or respect. HR is a joke. If you say something or bring light to these horrible situations going on, nothing is done about it, even serious offenses....be prepared to have to over-prove your claims and have more than one witness...then be disappointed when they do nothing about it. It is a miserable place to work and you better think twice before working here because it will seriously have an adverse effect on your mental and physical well-being. It's not normal to cry on multiple occasions throughout the week, in private and in meetings...which is what you'll be doing if you work here. They're sending all of the work to Pune, India where they can hire multiple people for pennies on the dollar who do sub-par work. It's not the fault of the people in Pune either...they try very hard to do well but they have minimal training and you're expected to sink or swim. This is a very complicated job and there is a pretty big language/context barrier with the people in Pune. You get what you pay for.

"Don't Work Here"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator

I worked at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, work from home and benefits- PTO

Cons

Upper Management, Lack Communication and show favoritism in certain depts

Continue reading
  5. "Good Place for Starting Career"

Current Employee - Operational Analytics Analyst

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work From Home Remote Access Unlimited PTO Holidays Train/Parking reimbursement Cell Phone reimbursement

Cons

Total compensation could be better

"Too many ups and downs....."

Current Employee - Provider Relations Representative

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, pay, unlimited PTO, work schedule flexibility with ability to work from home. Awesome director, goes above and beyond for us, if it weren’t for them I would’ve already left the company

Cons

It’s a management top heavy company, too many VPs, Directors, managers with many having just 1 direct report. Too many chiefs not enough Indians! Outdated systems that are limited to the functions needed for provider data and claims processing. Very siloed, false promises, 401k paid based on company performance. Employee surveys that really do not ask the important questions they ask about your manager when they aren’t the issues it’s higher management above them but you can’t give review about them. At times it feels like you’re doing your job and someone else’s because no one takes accountability for their work or actions.

Continue reading

"No confidence in company overall"

1.0

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many positions offer work from home opportunities, pretty good medical and dental benefits

Cons

Execs communicate all year that the company is doing great, but share in Feb 401k match won’t happen for everybody....and those that do get it will be at about 1/2 what it should be. We lose a ton of hardworking, knowledgeable people every quarter, because they’re overworked and no one listens. Nothing is done by HR and leadership to retain high performers. Minimal increases. Unlimited PTO is an excuse to say none is also ok.

"Don't bother"

1.0

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

Flexible hours Work from Home

Cons

Company is failing. Removed benefits (401k match no longer guaranteed). High turn over. No management direction.

"Great Pay but not stable"

Former Employee - Claims Quality Auditor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is great. It is a livable wage. They have work from home options for most departments. The PTO is great, they really value work/life balance. Benefits that they do offer is really good. There is a real opportunity for growth you last long in the company.

Cons

They do a lot of management changing and they have done a few layoffs. No tuition reimbursement benefit.

"Positivity is Contagious..."

Current Employee - Director in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is the most flexible, transparent, and kind organization I’ve ever worked for. Unlimited PTO and the ability to work from home enable me to balance life outside of the office - that’s insane and so appreciated! Transparency within the organization is also like none that I’ve ever experienced. Leaders take feedback from employees seriously and take action where they can. I’m optimistic about the future of the company and trust that we’re doing what we can to follow through on commitments to employees.

Cons

A lot of recent change, but what I signed up for. Evolent has been acting as a start up, because it has been.

Found 50 reviews