Evolution Recruitment Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.6
Evolution Recruitment Solutions Managing Director, UK and Europe Gareth Morris
Gareth Morris

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Account Delivery Consultant in Warrington, North West England, England

I have been working at Evolution Recruitment Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Friendly and motivating work environment
    - Excellent support and training
    - Great progression opportunities that are set out from the very start. The company will support you and push you to reach your goals.

Cons

Can't think of any! I feel lucky to have found such a good opportunity!

2. "Good Company to work for"

I have been working at Evolution Recruitment Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good management structure, great vision and training

Cons

Birchwood is not the best place for staff attraction

"Avoid!!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Warrington, North West England, England
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Warrington, North West England, England

I worked at Evolution Recruitment Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some decent people in the office

Cons

Commission structure is terrible, all their marketing to attract new talent is based around holidays. No surprise as the bonus is horrific.

Most Senior Management are awful, all in it for themselves.

Worked at 2 other recruitment consultancies and both 1000 better.

Advice to Management

Stop being so selfish and arrogant.

"The land of opportunity"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Warrington, North West England, England
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Warrington, North West England, England

Pros

If you are prepared to come in, work harder than your competition and like learning from your colleagues then Evolution really is the opportunity everyone dreams of in recruitment.

I had 2 years’ experience working at another Recruitment company and yet when I came to Evolution I learnt more in the first 4 weeks than I had in my 2 years elsewhere.

The UK database is incredible and is well set up for recruiters.

I’ve personally worked very closely with the IT and Marketing team, and they are so helpful. I’ve been in companies before where they hide behind emails but here, they are focused on supporting you quickly and effectively.

There is a positive culture in the office.

They have great clients all around the country (for Permanent and Engineering recruitment especially)
    The Senior Management is very switched on and is great to work with

The trips you go on are incredible. I’ve been here just over 3 years and Ill have secured trips to New York, Tokyo, Krakow, Malaga, Berlin and (Vancouver next year)

Finally, I work on the contract team and I’m very lucky to have some amazing colleagues around me. Contract is difficult at Evolution but highly rewarding.

Cons

The company needs more women in senior positions.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on your employees and the results will come.

5. "Couldn't of asked for a better company"

Former Employee - Contract - Recruiting Consultant in Warrington, North West England, England

I worked at Evolution Recruitment Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great environment to work in full of great people, there's a feeling that every team member wants you to achieve.
    - Directors/Managers really good at making you feel valued.
    - Excellent support and training throughout your career and additional support provided if asked for.
    - Feel like the company gives you the opportunity and supports you to to achieve your goals, even if those goals aren't related to recruitment. There are also processes in place for you to map out your goals and the business supports you every step of the way.
    - It sounds cliché but hard work is rewarded and the business will recognise it and continue to support until you achieve your goals.

Cons

Can't think of any. I have a few friends who have worked for other recruitment companies, going in at the same level as me and there experiences are not as positive as mine.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and investing your time in your employee's

6. "Business Manager"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Warrington, North West England, England
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Warrington, North West England, England

Pros

Very professional environment, Great employees, Great line Managers.
    Very good learning & developing program.

Cons

Not many great lunch spots to choose from.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

7. "Feel lucky to have found such a brilliant company to work for!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Warrington, North West England, England
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Warrington, North West England, England

Pros

Genuine opportunities to progress with clear expectations from day one - you know exactly what is required to get promoted and this is transparent across the business.
    Excellent financial awards based on performance and regular incentives for top achievers - these are also available to newcomers within the business. I have qualified for several of these and have been with the business for less than 1 year.
    A really nice office environment - every success is celebrated and you are made to feel welcome and supported.

Cons

Work-life balance in any recruitment role can be tricky but Evolution are trying to address this through offering more flexibility in working hours. You get out what you put in and hard work definitely doesn't go unnoticed!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

8. "Decent Company"

I have been working at Evolution Recruitment Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Gives you loads of support and training. In general people are really cooperative and friendly. Gives you a positive feeling about recruitment.

Cons

Commission is just average. Some micro-management going on.

9. "Too top heavy"

Current Employee - Consultant in Birchwood, Cheshire
    Current Employee - Consultant in Birchwood, Cheshire

Pros

Nice people with a good culture.
    Break out room is good to wind down.
    Internal systems are good.

Cons

Extremely top heavy with directors / divisional managers. (10+ senior managers for only 60 sales heads)
    Very poor commission structure.
    Lucky dip on patch you receive.
    Location is poor.
    No flexibility of hours, remote, etc.
    Ignored by directors if not on target.

Advice to Management

Line your consultants pockets rather than your own.

Evolution Recruitment Solutions Response

6 Aug 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate both the positive comments and those where you feel we could improve. As HR Manager I would be happy to speak with you about these concerns directly and... More

10. "Great company full of great people"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Warrington, North West England, England

I worked at Evolution Recruitment Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

The Graduate Training Programme is exceptional and puts you in excellent stead to succeed in this environment.
    Senior Managers/Directors are all very approachable and offer support/guidance whenever it's wanted.
    Regular incentives that live up to the expectations and not forgetting the all important Beer O' Clock on a Friday!

Cons

Not a negative towards the company but Recruitment is a difficult industry to be in if your heart isn't in what you do day in and day out. However, with the Employee Experience group constantly finding ways to improve the work/life balance, there's no denying that the company is all about looking after their employees to the best of their ability.