Evolution Recruitment Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Evolution Recruitment Solutions Managing Director, UK and Europe Gareth Morris
Gareth Morris

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "The only con I can think of is that there isn't a massive focus on a work life balance" (in 8 reviews)

• "No mention of all back office staff in the Q Presentations" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great company, even better people!"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Warrington, North West England, England

I worked at Evolution Recruitment Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing employer with fantastic people.

During my time with the business I found everyone extremely collaborative, whether new or old, junior or senior everyone works together and senior management encourage an environment full of teamwork and encouragement.

Wins are celebrated and people are regularly supported through the difficult periods (not always the case in the industry)

I would definitely encourage anybody looking to move, or enter the world of contingent recruitment to consider Evolution. You will struggle to find better.

Cons

Commission structure very strong but only when you do considerably well, structure can lead to large but at times inconsistent bonus.

A little more flexibility with working hours would be nice, although I know this is being looked at.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! You have created a great place to work.

2. "Excellent company"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Warrington, North West England, England

I worked at Evolution Recruitment Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training & ongoing support
    Fantastic commission structure/incentives
    Realistic opportunities to progress within the business

Cons

I honestly can’t think of any

3. "Progressive, dynamic business with clarity of purpose"

I have been working at Evolution Recruitment Solutions full-time

Pros

There's a clear desire to improve, listen to staff, clients and candidates and to execute the ambitions collectively held. There is a drive running through the business that is motivating and enjoyable.

Cons

I hate reviews that say there are no cons - it really depends on what good looks like for each individual. I think someone would struggle here if they weren't motivated, ambitious and willing to learn - but if you are then it's a great environment.

4. "Outstanding training and very welcoming"

Current Employee - Consultant in Warrington, North West England, England
    Current Employee - Consultant in Warrington, North West England, England

I have been working at Evolution Recruitment Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been here for three weeks and managed to make my first placement on Friday! The training and mentoring from the guys on the team has been 1st class and I can't wait see what the future brings with the company.

Cons

Losing at football against the engineering division

5. "The best company I have worked for!"

Current Employee - Account Delivery Executive in Warrington, North West England, England

Pros

Evolution are a company who care about their employees, there are so many benefits to working here; free healthy snacks, fitness classes, incentives, great commission structure, realistic progression path for every title and on going training.

You also get to work in a collaborative environment with people who are genuinely interested and caring, in your development. Every one is really nice and welcoming and you get settled in very quickly. This really is the best company I have worked for in terms of what is on offer and if you work hard the rewards are priceless.

Cons

Literally can't think of any

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

6. "Good Company to work for"

I have been working at Evolution Recruitment Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good management structure, great vision and training

Cons

Birchwood is not the best place for staff attraction

7. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Account Delivery Consultant in Warrington, North West England, England

Pros

- Friendly and motivating work environment
    - Excellent support and training
    - Great progression opportunities that are set out from the very start. The company will support you and push you to reach your goals.

Cons

Can't think of any! I feel lucky to have found such a good opportunity!

"Avoid!!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Warrington, North West England, England

I worked at Evolution Recruitment Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some decent people in the office

Cons

Commission structure is terrible, all their marketing to attract new talent is based around holidays. No surprise as the bonus is horrific.

Most Senior Management are awful, all in it for themselves.

Worked at 2 other recruitment consultancies and both 1000 better.

Advice to Management

Stop being so selfish and arrogant.

"The land of opportunity"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Warrington, North West England, England
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Warrington, North West England, England

Pros

If you are prepared to come in, work harder than your competition and like learning from your colleagues then Evolution really is the opportunity everyone dreams of in recruitment.

I had 2 years’ experience working at another Recruitment company and yet when I came to Evolution I learnt more in the first 4 weeks than I had in my 2 years elsewhere.

The UK database is incredible and is well set up for recruiters.

I’ve personally worked very closely with the IT and Marketing team, and they are so helpful. I’ve been in companies before where they hide behind emails but here, they are focused on supporting you quickly and effectively.

There is a positive culture in the office.

They have great clients all around the country (for Permanent and Engineering recruitment especially)
    The Senior Management is very switched on and is great to work with

The trips you go on are incredible. I’ve been here just over 3 years and Ill have secured trips to New York, Tokyo, Krakow, Malaga, Berlin and (Vancouver next year)

Finally, I work on the contract team and I’m very lucky to have some amazing colleagues around me. Contract is difficult at Evolution but highly rewarding.

Cons

The company needs more women in senior positions.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on your employees and the results will come.

10. "Couldn't of asked for a better company"

Former Employee - Contract - Recruiting Consultant in Warrington, North West England, England

I worked at Evolution Recruitment Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great environment to work in full of great people, there's a feeling that every team member wants you to achieve.
    - Directors/Managers really good at making you feel valued.
    - Excellent support and training throughout your career and additional support provided if asked for.
    - Feel like the company gives you the opportunity and supports you to to achieve your goals, even if those goals aren't related to recruitment. There are also processes in place for you to map out your goals and the business supports you every step of the way.
    - It sounds cliché but hard work is rewarded and the business will recognise it and continue to support until you achieve your goals.

Cons

Can't think of any. I have a few friends who have worked for other recruitment companies, going in at the same level as me and there experiences are not as positive as mine.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and investing your time in your employee's