Excell Employee Reviews about "compucom"

Updated Nov 11, 2021

Found 5 of over 151 reviews

3.9
Excell CEO Mick Slattery (no image)
Mick Slattery
Pros
  • "eXcell has been staffing IT professionals at the top Fortune 100 companies(in 10 reviews)

• "decent pay(in 3 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Excell will not proactively offer these items(in 14 reviews)

• "Excell or Compucom mad it confusing sometimes(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

62 Comments

Tech

284.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Excell~100140
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "compucom"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Run, and don't look back

Nov 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

you get a pay check

Cons

You will be under paid, under appreciated, and you will over pay for benefits. A point of reference, the 2022 benefits package paperwork was sent out recently and many of us received the paperwork of what a CompuCom direct hire would be paying as well as what we as Excell employees are paying. Every single health option we had (we had two fewer options than CompuCom) has us paying at least double for the exact same health coverage. At best you get lip service from management but nothing ever changes for the better, but we have seen things get worse

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great People, Great Service Great Exeperience

Jan 30, 2020 - Business Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the people I worked with.

Cons

Excell or Compucom mad it confusing sometimes

3. 4.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Does right by their people, which I can't say for more prestigous agencies

Jul 26, 2019 - Program Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked with some of the most prestigious and well regarded agencies in the Seattle area, as well as some of the dodgiest staffing companies. For the most part, they're all the same in that they treat their consulting resources like commodities, not people. My experience at Excell has been very different. They're kind, interested and considerate people who generally want their staff to have a good experience. They're transparent about everything, and they make the effort time and time again to look after you. It's a bit surreal, but this is one of two firms that has never done me dirty (the other being Spherion, also a staffing firm; wild!). If you value being treated like a person, you should consider picking up your next contract role through Excell.

Cons

The benefits are not good. They're administered through Meritas, who are super shady. As Excell is a subsidiary of CompuCom, I'm not sure how much influence they have over this. Also, they migrated to O365 earlier this year, and their systems could really do with an operational streamlining; different passwords for different portals, information is all over the place and difficult to locate. That said, reaching out to your AM will generally get you quick, clear answers.

4. 1.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

One of the 3 worst places I've ever worked

May 21, 2019 - Configuration Technician in Syracuse, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not one thing! I honestly cannot think of one advantage of working for Excell! They're awful!

Cons

They deal very dishonestly with contractors, they lack any level of transparency, they treat contractors without any consideration. Even when you request information in writing you are ignored. There is no organization to how things are done. They brazenly LIE by saying things they know to be untrue so they can manipulate every interaction. I would advise anyone considering a work opportunity with Excell (a division of Compucom) to do themselves a big favor and look elsewhere.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excell cares about their employees

Sep 12, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excell management truly cares about the employees and doing the right thing. I've witnessed this time and again, and am proud to be an employee.

Cons

Being part of a larger company (Excell is a division of CompuCom) can have its challenges as well as benefits. Sometimes policies and processes are not as flexible as they should be.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews