Excell Employee Reviews about "excell"

Updated Nov 11, 2021

Found 21 of over 151 reviews

3.9
Excell CEO Mick Slattery (no image)
Mick Slattery
Pros
  • "eXcell has been staffing IT professionals at the top Fortune 100 companies(in 10 reviews)

• "decent pay(in 3 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Excell will not proactively offer these items(in 14 reviews)

• "Excell or Compucom mad it confusing sometimes(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

62 Comments

Tech

284.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Excell~100140
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "excell"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Run, and don't look back

Nov 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

you get a pay check

Cons

You will be under paid, under appreciated, and you will over pay for benefits. A point of reference, the 2022 benefits package paperwork was sent out recently and many of us received the paperwork of what a CompuCom direct hire would be paying as well as what we as Excell employees are paying. Every single health option we had (we had two fewer options than CompuCom) has us paying at least double for the exact same health coverage. At best you get lip service from management but nothing ever changes for the better, but we have seen things get worse

2. 3.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Plenty of options to choose from including PTO, healthcare, sick days, 401K.

May 26, 2021 - Network Support Engineer in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

They provide plenty of administrative support for HR-related issues. A large library of CBT.

Cons

Growth, advancement, and pay increases are not part of the discussion. Excell will not proactively offer these items.

3. 4.0

Excell-Compucom

Feb 21, 2021 - Senior Technical Support Analyst in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Recruiters work quickly to get you on assignment with reputable companies. My last couple of assignments were remote.

Cons

Salary is stagnant, Excell project managers sometimes hard to reach. No opportunities to get on full time with the client.

4. 4.0
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year

One of the better contracting companies

Nov 30, 2020 - User Experience Researcher in Redmond, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was a contract UX Researcher at Microsoft through eXcell/CompuCom. - Comprehensive benefits, including ones that many companies don't have for contractors (health, vision, dental, 401k with employer match, HSA with employer match, PTO, holiday pay, bereavement leave, $500 education allowance, transportation). - Decent pay for UX researchers just starting out. Not sure about more senior roles. - Good communication.

Cons

- Healthcare is expensive. - The administrative side is really annoying (e.g. onboarding, frequent password resets, etc.). - No sick leave.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

good

Oct 5, 2020 - Technician in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

eXcell has been staffing IT professionals at the top Fortune 100 companies

Cons

at the top Fortune 100 companies

6. 4.0
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Excell is a great company and very responsive

Aug 25, 2020 - Misc in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I liked Excell and the people were great. They were always able to help with questions.

Cons

Low pay. Probably not excell’s fault but client site required so much last minute overtime at off peak hours. Waking up at 3am for a Sunday project and then sit on a Spanish call. Hardly make money on the ‘overtime’ projects and then you have spent your entire weekend getting ready for the project and recovering from unhealthy on call work. Everything was outsourced to Mexico and poor unethical managers at client site. Client employees were great but managers do not like hard working honest people. Beware

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good people and place to work

May 13, 2020 - Technical Support in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ready to help and work for you

Cons

Not a issue with Excell but higher up with parent company.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great People, Great Service Great Exeperience

Jan 30, 2020 - Business Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the people I worked with.

Cons

Excell or Compucom mad it confusing sometimes

9. 2.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

You are an asset, not an individual

Sep 19, 2019 - Software Development Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overtime is rarely approved, so you will almost never work more than 40 hrs per week.

Cons

You will feel like you don't work for Excell or the company your contract is with

10. 4.0