Expedia Group Reviews
77% would recommend to a friend
(4200 total reviews)
84% approve of CEO
Found 4,200 of over 7K reviews
Updated 6 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Expedia Group
a month ago
What’s the difference between main and alternate vesting periods at Expedia? (Levels.fyi) I checked my my vesting period at Morgan Stanley and it says that I won’t receive my first pool of shares until 2025. I got hired last August. Is there a way to switch to the main vesting period? Thanks
Got a burning question about Expedia Group? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Expedia Group employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are good and some of the speed of change in the company is good too." (in 763 reviews)
- "Very flexible and good work life balance." (in 714 reviews)
- "Great Team and People." (in 539 reviews)
- "Great culture and moral." (in 372 reviews)
- "Work/life balance and pay is good for the industry" (in 139 reviews)
- "Poor management within the HR function and a tendency to be focused on costs v. results." (in 224 reviews)
- "Bad Managers makes a bad company and that's it!" (in 160 reviews)
- "They bring people in at very low salaries and its hard to get a raise." (in 155 reviews)
- "Lack of direction from senior leadership" (in 127 reviews)
- "3. There is absolutely zero support from upper management." (in 59 reviews)
- 2.022 Sept 2023Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
Some good benefits in line with the industry. Your co-workers most likely will be nice people to know and spend some time while working. Laid back environment.
There's no ownership of the product. After several re-orgs and bad organisational and tech decisions, all good experienced developers left. As a consequence tech standards are very low, It didn't used to be like that. We were proud of what we deployed to production, we had ownership and control over all parts of the process, from the idea, development, deployment processes till monitoring and maintaining it stable. The company culture promotes "stay in your lane" kind of thinking. Be prepared to be bored out of your mind. All processes are all very slow moving. There's too many politics, management trying to push each other out, Be warned of layoffs. Like any corporation, they'll make you want to be part of a "family"... but then one day you learn someone got laid off because leadership changed and cut without looking. CEO and everybody at the top get ridiculous amount of compensation compared to the rest.3
- 5.027 Nov 2023Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Its a great company to be part of. I am a working single parent and the amount of support I receive from seniors and team is unmeasurable. I have never been so much at peace with any company. There is a lot of opportunities to grow and they are always open to ideas.
I haven't had any issues until now.
- 1.04 Dec 2023Associate Market ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Nice office Some colleagues are nice Alright benefits
Management is horrendous - completely unprepared, inexperienced and will make your life hell if you don't comply to their weird rules Be prepared for huge office politics Company is at maturity so no progression Hiring freezes and redundancies everywhere A lot of chat about nothing
- 3.07 Nov 2023MarketingFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Great pay Lovely office Colleagues were amazing
Job stability is a real thing at Expedia. In the one year I was there as part of the marketing team we re-org’d 3 times and it was really difficult to adjust. I found out about the first re-org on my first day! This company is very hierarchical, and if you are not a senior manager and above your opinion is not valued. Also some of the directors, especially in the business development side are vile and rude.1
- 4.03 Dec 2023Program ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
Work life balance , freedom to think and operate.
No how the opportunities for non tech employees
- 4.027 Nov 2023Senior Finance AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
Great offices and great people, have had lots of opportunity to learn. Fast paced but also good work/life balance.
Fewer opportunities the more senior you get
- 4.021 Nov 2023Associate Account ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
great benefits, nice teams, ability to work from home once a week. Good culture and friendly people. Back before COVID - work drinks once a month
Inability to work from home more than once a month, hard to get promoted or recognized.
- 2.026 Nov 2023DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
Nice office, generally good culture and colleagues.
Toxic leadership, company neglects addressing bullying, harassment and abuse.
- 3.027 Oct 2023Senior Account ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
Good environment, salary and consideration of employees' personal/family needs. The company is making a big effort to I&D and support employees.
Often chaotic work, inflexible procedures, long deadlines for each project and outdated products/services.1
Expedia Group Reviews FAQs
Expedia Group has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 7,048 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Expedia Group to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
77% of Expedia Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Expedia Group 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.