Expedia Media Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Mark Okerstrom
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Expedia Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Expedia Media Solutions is a passionate, smart group of people that are passionate about travel-tech and media. It's a great place to work for with a great team, great responsibility and oustanding benefits.

Cons

Some processes are a little slow, management delays decission making process, innovations are difficult to get through

Expedia Media2016-05-20
  2. "Good benefits and environment"

Former Employee - Translator in London, England

I worked at Expedia Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and work environment

Cons

Repetitive work and time tracking

Expedia Media2018-11-08
  3. "Great Company"

I have been working at Expedia Media full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Team Atmosphere and an amazing company to work for. Expedia really supports you as an employee and ensures you are given everything you need in your role.

Cons

You can easily hit a ceiling in your job. Changing Levels can we very tricky. Can focus more on how you can progress in your career

Advice to Management

need to set out more clear paths to growth within the company. Career development really needs to be addressed

Expedia Media2018-07-19

"Big brand name and good career not the best place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Expedia Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

the location, flex hours, people, good company in general.

Cons

because it is a big company you feel often like a small cog unable to make a difference. clearly depending on the location you work, you are not as valued as colleagues from other offices.

Advice to Management

make people feel that they have real value, even if the department does not generate direct income make sure they are as important.

Expedia Media2017-12-13

"Good overall"

I worked at Expedia Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great colleagues on the whole - everyone who was on the same level as me was really supportive and helpful. Great perks, trips etc.

Cons

Opportunities only there for those who tow the line, and don't ask any questions of management. Little room for free thinking/suggestions Lots of box ticking (peril of a big company I suppose) Not enough support for new management

Advice to Management

Listen to your more junior employees - there are a lot of good ideas that they are discussing which they don't bother raising up the levels because they know they won't be listened to.

Expedia Media2015-10-19
  6. "Really great company to work for"

Former Employee - Lodging Content Editor in Montreal, QC

I worked at Expedia Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, fair salary, very open environment

Cons

Big company with little opportunity for growth, jobs descriptions are changed frequently to the point where the job you were hired for becomes something completely different.

Advice to Management

Make more of effort to keep your loyal hard working employees,

Expedia Media2019-07-29
  7. "It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times."

Former Employee - Media Producer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Expedia Media full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get real tight with your teammates, like Marines that have been through a secret war together. There were also cool but unreliable fringe benefits, which is what makes them fringe benefits vs reliable everyday benefits; like Seahawks marching band would party at our offices when it was Superbowl and USA Today covered it. One year, my division of the company had a fancy Christmas lunch at a hotel. But it was... just that one year out of more than five I worked there. It was like startup hustle energy everyday so when I left Expedia to work at a real start up, I was well prepared.

Cons

HR was non-existent for staff or only there to serve corrupt management. A lot of secrecy about little projects and worry about corporate espionage that would probably never really happen. People brought dogs and kids into the office often, even though we did not welcome kids outside of holiday events, and dogs were banned in our building. The company distributed an annual bonus that was not pegged to... your performance but to how well the company did as a whole in the last year. One year our CEO got a bonus that literally broke world records for how much a CEO could make in a year, but the rest of us at Expedia got really small annual bonuses and we were told it was because "the company underperformed." It was implied that we caused the underperformance. I found bags of what appeared to be cocaine at least 2 times in conference rooms my team had scheduled. My manager accused me of having affairs with a teammate but did not give same accusations to the teammate I was supposedly having affair with. They did this repeatedly for years and HR was aware but didn't care.

Advice to Management

Since I left Expedia a year and a half ago I've received several offers, from internal staff and from outside recruiters, to go back. Ummmm... how about NEVER.

Expedia Media2019-07-22

"Expedia inc."

Former Employee - Tier III Customer Service Representative

I worked at Expedia Media full-time

Pros

Job provided coupons and good discounts.

Cons

Management sucks, the schedule sucks, training sucks

Expedia Media2019-04-29

"Going downhill"

Former Employee - Senior Saleforce Administrator in Bellevue, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Expedia Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work/life balance, good people

Cons

New leadership lurches from one bad decision to another and struggles when anyone brings up the declining culture and happiness

Advice to Management

SLT needs to stop spending som much time telling themselves how great they are and realize that almost anyone could lead the teams there and be as successful due to Expedia’s position in the industry

Expedia Media2019-03-07
  10. "Amazingly hostile environment"

Current Employee - Slave in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros are you are part of bigger Expedia Group, and kick them off and join some other organization within Expedia who values your expertise.

Cons

Working in Expedia Media Solutions is awful. Slave like treatment. Seller centric organization. A lot of good people left, or forced to leave. Sales are good (for now), but in-house projects set for a failure. No real expertise in the group.

Advice to Management

None, Keep doing whatever you are doing. Feels like you are best at creating hostile environment, where no-one should dare to speak.

Expedia Media2019-03-28