Experis Business Development Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Dec 1, 2019

0.0
Experis  Experis UK  and Ireland Martin Ewings
Martin Ewings
  1. "Good place to work, great experience."

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Experis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great experience with a global company. They're extremely willing to help their employees achieve goals, by targeting new positions in the org or stretch goals. Great access to employee groups, benefits of working in a large org, etc.

Cons

Lack of flexibility within some teams (limited remote work, not flexible on hours, etc). Mediocre benefits, health and other.

Advice to Management

More flexibility, more remote work.

Experis2019-12-01

"Revolving Door"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Experis full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location- loop. I worked there for 2 years, it was a nice place to work until new mgmt transition Q4 of 2017. It's very political; hence, they won't be going anywhere.

Cons

No room for growth. Constant revolving door. Terrible and inconsistent mgmt on the engineering side. Lost 8 people on our team since the current manager joined our team. Needs a better manager that has worked in sales role and understand building new business. The CRM used from the 80's.

Advice to Management

Be consistent with everyone. Not everyone sells like you, allow people to be creative. Try having structure. Don't gossip about team members to other team members. Be a leader not a tyrant.

Experis2018-03-07
  3. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Experis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Expertise from HQ and seasoned professionals with years of experience

Cons

If you're not ready to hustle this isn't the role for you

Experis2017-01-06
  4. "Good firm"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Experis full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Owned by Manpower, which is a very good company. Pay is great, if you can execute. Believe there is high potential if you are on a good team in a good market.

Cons

Like any company, especially large ones, you can get stuck with a bad manager. Your execution depends on a good team, so if the manager is poor, your chances for success go down dramatically.

Advice to Management

Less management, more leadership. Listen carefully to your top performers - they usually want to do even better, so any criticism should be taken seriously.

Experis2016-11-12

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Atlanta, GA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Experis full-time for more than a year

Pros

if i could give zero stars, I would.

Cons

Bret Donovan could be the most childish, incompetent manager that there ever was. I have never met a more vindictive person in my entire life. Not only does his HUGE ego get in the way of everyday decisions, but he has the complete inability to Manage people. A manager is supposed to take responsibility and lead, Bret blames and takes advantage. DO NOT work in Atlanta for this company, they are going to fail and... close soon. Bret may be the biggest issue, but not the only one. the Regional is also very ego driven and a Misogynist.

Advice to Management

Close the Atlanta Branch

Experis2016-09-23

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Experis full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great organization overall. Rigorous hiring process leads to low turnover and strong employees. Sales and Recruitment communicate well. No candidate ownership means more teamwork. Sales team shares and trades accounts, often help one another with introductions. Growing rapidly with new accounts. Great culture, work hard play hard attitude. Highly recommend.

Cons

Rapid growth always leads to challenges with scaling. Disgruntled previous employee posted recent negative review not reflecting actual environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain core values and culture as the organization grows. Always be looking at new ways to incentivize and engage employees as you have done the last 2 years.

Experis2015-12-03

Business Development Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Experis

Pros

Freedom, excellent service offerings, great Managing Director and The Directors and delivery team are world class

Cons

Not a lot of Cons. the Philly market needs to grow.... But that will be up to you!

Experis2015-08-11

"People are commodities not valued employees"

Business Development Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Experis

Pros

Ok salary, good co-workers, good client exposure

Cons

Experis is a staffing company trying to repackage staffing as professional services. - No risk management - No program management, the only dashboard managed is a list of consultants assigned to clients with roll off dates and management telling everyone to figure out ways to keep those consultants engaged. This leads to perpetual project extensions, not closed projects adding value. - Terrible benefits getting... worse year over year - Poor communication via the management team, people just "disappear" from the staff with no explanations. - No professional development, training is promised but never made available. - No where to advance too. The management has been in place for decades and it's a clique. - Sales focus on what gets the biggest head count not what solution does the client need - recruiting focus on easy and long term not solutions - recruiting strength has dwindled and Experis now depends on sub-vendors - Use cases are written from staffing engagements and co-opted as if it was a solution Experis delivered when in fact all Experis provided were bodies. - All solutions offered by the solutions team are "paper tigers" if you are a vendor, look else where for true solutions. If you just want bodies, go for it.

Advice to Management

none, they won't listen so why waste the time.

Experis2015-05-07
  9. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Experis full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company, good work/life balance and strong base and incent comp. at Experis Finance and I think I can speak on behalf of most, if not all, of my colleagues.

Cons

I can't think of much to say with regard to this part - I love working for Experis Finance and I think that most people at the firm are content!

Experis2014-11-12
  10. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Experis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive remuneration, benefits and good work-life balance backed by a solid company willing to invest in its personnel and practices.

Cons

Infrastructure can sometimes be a bit of an issue.

Experis2014-10-07