Find jobs for Consultant

Martin Ewings
  1. Featured Review

"Great opportunity!!!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Experis full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started Experis as a trainee with no previous experience in the recruitment industry. My manager consistently supported and pushed me and I was trained on how to build up my own 360 desk. If you are looking for a role within recruitment and are driven to be successful, I would highly recommend Experis!!! Some of the pros from my time at Experis are: Incredibly supportive management team who are always open to feedback Clear and structured career ladder Consistent coaching and advice Large social element Opportunities available within the wider group Great city centre location

Cons

Has it’s ups and downs but that’s what’s the recruitment industry is like.

Director, Experis UK

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive review. I'm so pleased that you find Experis a great starting company to work for and to develop your skillsets; personal and professional development is a huge priority for us - recently we launched a Talent Hub with a range of upskilling and training opportunities. I hope you continue your positive journey with us and I really appreciate the kind comments.

"Corporate but not coporate"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Experis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great working hours, highest commission structure ever come across, more holiday than average, fantastic yearly bonus for doing your job, a lot of money backing so can have things like recruiter, unlimited job board advertising etc, monthly rewards and incentives, REAL coffee every day and fruit, Friday beers, annual trips for high achievers, being a part of Man power gives you the flex to work international roles, great black and white career ladder, fantastic training and development, great support from managers... So many more positives

Cons

Bristol office building isn't great but looking to move

Brand Leader, Experis UK

Hi there. Thank you for your positive feedback. It's great to hear that you feel working with us rewarding - there's nothing I like to hear more than that our employees being happy and feeling supported. I hope you continue to enjoy working at Experis.

3. "Alright"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Altrincham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Experis full-time for more than a year

Pros

Alright commission structure, laid back approach

Cons

Cliquey, too laid back, different teams have different rules

"If you want to boost your career don’t work here..."

1.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Experis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good social life Some other consultants are driven to help you Shared office where you can meet non-vulture workers Good food in the restaurant downstairs

Cons

Lads culture Wannabe wolf of Wall Streeters Shocking management Bullying culture Consultants taking drugs in bathroom Office favouritism No work life balance - expected to be in 8am to 8pm +

Director, Experis UK

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review. I am deeply concerned about your experience in the workplace - we are against any bullying and drug-taking and I would ask you please to provide us further details via this email: customerfeedback@experis.co.uk. Employee wellbeing is a huge priority for us and we aim to create a comfortable workplace for everyone. I hope this experience has not damaged your view on the company, and I wish you all the best in whatever you are currently doing.

5. "Okay"

2.0
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Experis full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Friendly people - Earning potential is good

Cons

- Low basic salary - Poor training for people with no prior recruitment experience - The building is atrocious (toilets and lifts are always broken!) - Lack of communication between management and staff

Brand Leader, Experis UK

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Our people, open communication, and providing a supportive working culture are really important to us and I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel this matches with your experience. We are working to strengthen a positive and collaborative environment where close teamwork is encouraged and where our talent feel supported in their personal development.

6. "Consultants are not micro-managed"

Consultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Experis

Pros

- great commission scheme - nice & friendly people - consultants are given the autonomy to work in a way that suits them, no micro-management - set career structure so you can take control - not a huge gap between management and staff, everyone is very friendly and willing to offer help & support - good team spirit across different teams - good incentives for high performing staff

Cons

- systems are a bit slow but this has been addressed

Managing Director, Experis UKIE

Thank you for your review; we appreciate you taking the time and value feedback like this from all our colleagues. We pride ourselves on having a supportive culture that rewards good work and this goes right up to senior management. We encourage our staff to be as open and flexible as possible, as we know this benefits all our employees and contributes to a positive work environment. I’m very pleased you recognise this!

7. "Experis - A great place to work"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Altrincham, England

I have been working at Experis full-time

Pros

I joined Experis in November 2011, I had 3 years experience as a new business consultant with a moderate amount of success working for small generalist IT recruitment firm. The thing that attracted me to Experis was their commitment to helping consultants grow their own business through becoming a specialist in a particular area of IT (for me that was Information and IT Security). Through a mixture of hard work, great training and support from the business I have been able to recruit a team of 5 consultants, all of whom are 100% + of their target year to date. The investment in the team is continuing as the need for security professionals accelerates and Experis' reputation as a in the security industry grows. The commission structure is 2nd to none. It is a great place to work and I can see myself growing with the business in the coming years.

Cons

The recruitment software we use isn't cutting edge, however I have been assured that this is being addressed before the end of 2016.

Managing Director, Experis UKIE

Thank you very much for writing a review; this feedback is highly valuable to us. We've worked hard to ensure our staff are given opportunities to take ownership, develop and progress in their careers and I'm really delighted to see that you are experiencing this. You're clearly excelling in your role, so keep up the good work!

8. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Altrincham, England

I have been working at Experis full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent commission scheme Relaxed environment Great career opportunities across a number of different areas (recruitment, support etc) Excellent training provided and management are very approachable

Cons

Kitchen facilities are quite small for the amount of people

Social Media Manager

Thanks very much for your review! Great to hear that you are enjoying and getting the most out of your employment with Experis.

"Fantastic platform to build a business"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Experis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Part of ManpowerGroup, the 2nd largest recruitment business in the world. Experts in IT, Engineering & Finance recruitment. Amazing platform, extensive database of over 1 million contacts, great training "Centre of Excellence" performed by our top performing Recruiters, exciting development programmes on offer, can see multiple career pathway opportunities for me, clearly set expectations, adult and enjoyable working environment, extensive incentives and opportunities to win holidays, cash bonuses, prizes and a large number of social events . Unlike other companies we are given the autonomy and flexibility to build our own business in our own way. I'm told by Consultants who have moved here from our competitors that our brand and reputation in the market makes it easier to build relationships with leading clients. Makes my job easier! Great work life balance, taught to work smart, no micro-management. Incredibly strong commission scheme + generous car allowance which is easily achievable. Competitive basics. Have made amazing friends here that will be friends for life. Reward culture - If you work hard you get rewarded generously.

Cons

No cons - if you work hard then you are appreciated. We get all of the tools and support needed to be successful. You do have to motivate yourself more when you aren't micromanaged but I much prefer this. You get treated with more respect and feel like an adult.

Managing Director

Thank you very much for your review – it’s great to hear such enthusiasm from our hard-working consultants. As you know we are dedicated to offering the tools and support structures that our employees need to be successful, regardless of role or ambition, which is why feedback such as yours means so very much. Keep up the good work.

10. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Experis full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training programme. Clearly defined career path. Huge opportunity to make a considerable amount of money.

Cons

Really nothing that springs to mind

Managing Director

I’m thrilled to hear that you are doing well in your career at Experis. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and please do not hesitate to get in touch with me if you would like to discuss your further development at Experis.

Found 77 reviews