Experis Reviews

Experis Brand Leader, Experis UK Martin Ewings
Martin Ewings
  1. "Staff at Experis"

Current Employee - Contractor Care Representative in Altrincham, England

I have been working at Experis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Each member of staff is supportive and approachable. Evidence of their support includes their proactive ways of meeting and greeting you: by email, online meeting with board members, in person and sat beside you. As a result, you soon feel as though you are a well-respected family member. The effect of the above is you soon feel very comfortable to approach colleagues with any concerns or issues you believe that you may have. The colleagues show you the process to use just in case they are not there next time you have any issues or concerns and because they do not want anyone to feel unsupported. This is positive for the organisation because it results in you aiming to perform to the best of your ability, everyday.

Cons

Much of the work I do is on computer, which is necessary because my role supports contractors who work throughout the UK. Because those people depend upon me responding to their simple questions and queries, I believe one must be computer literate enough to reply to emails yet be confident enough to ask questions regarding which database to retrieve the simple information.

Experis2017-08-01

August 21, 2017Managing Director, Experis UKIE

Many thanks for your detailed review. I am proud of the supportive environment our colleagues create here at Experis. It’s vitally important that we maintain this commitment to do the best for one another and for our contractors, candidates and clients. Please keep doing what you’re doing and thank you again for sharing your feedback.

2. "Team Leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I have been working at Experis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture and people. interesting work, great earning potential and work life balance

Cons

not enough flexibility around working hours

Experis2017-07-31

August 21, 2017Managing Director, Experis UKIE

Thank you for your feedback. It is nice to hear that as well as enjoying the working environment we offer, you feel that your work is rewarding. I appreciate your comments around flexibility too. Previously we have encouraged a case by case approach to flexible working, but as you may know we have now started trialling more flexible work patterns for all in our Bristol and Altrincham offices. Please do ask your manager for further information. Thanks again and I hope you continue to enjoy your career at Experis.

"No career opportunities here"

1.0
    Recruiter in Altrincham, England

I worked at Experis

Pros

To be honest at the moment I can't think of any, maybe the hours are decent.

Cons

I started Experis with such high expectations, and it was decent for the first year but I came to realise that when you asked for more wether it be in terms of salary, career help and progression or guidance there wasn't the support available. Why would you continute to work somewhere, put so much effort into doing a good job, hoping to make this a career and you get nothing back. The management there seem to have accepted that Experis is just a stop in the road for most, they aren't bothered about keeping on employees, they are happy to have a high turnover of university grads hoping to make good cash for a year and then let them go. In terms of the management in general, I don't think there is any other worked to describe it than non existent. There is a person there with the title manager in the office but to be honest, he doesn't do any managing, I'm not sure what he does. Higher up on the pecking order those guys aren't too bothered about the little people in the office, as long as money is being made they don't see there being any problems

Experis2017-03-10

June 12, 2017Managing Director, Experis UKIE

Thank you for taking the time to raise your concerns. Needless to say, I am troubled to learn of your experience. Our business would be nothing without people like yourself who work hard and share our drive to succeed. I can assure you that employee turnover at any level does not make me happy and in fact, the average tenure of an Experis employee is just under five years. With retention and progression in mind, we have been investing in talent - developing the people who work here through coaching, training and tools to help all colleagues accelerate their performance. I will make sure our teams are better aware of what is available following your comments. I would also welcome the opportunity to investigate your comments regarding management and invite you to send further details to me via internal.communications@experis.co.uk.

"I wouldn't recommend working here"

1.0
    IT Recruiter in Altrincham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Experis for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a young and vibrant office, people are generally friendly and helpful.

Cons

The salary is much lower than what competitors offer, there is no career plan/fixed reviews in place, copies of reviews that have taken place have been lost and not followed up, there are no opportunities for progression and earnings are limited.

Experis2017-03-10

June 12, 2017Managing Director, Experis UKIE

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I am glad you found our colleagues friendly and helpful, I am both surprised and sorry to learn that the rest of your experience was less positive. We have been investing in coaching, training and development so that all colleagues can unlock their potential. Many of these tools, along with internal vacancies showcasing the varied progression opportunities across Experis and ManpowerGroup, are available through a dedicated talent intranet. I’m sorry that you felt the pay wasn't satisfactory - we believe our rates are competitive but always encourage employees to discuss this with their manager if they wish to do so.

5. "One of the most credible, ethical and rewarding Recruitment companies on the market"

Service Delivery Manager in Altrincham, England

I have been working at Experis

Pros

Provides an excellent level of service to candidates and clients alike. Employs intelligent and hard working individuals who collaborate to help them to continue to grow and continually improve its performance.

Cons

Can be a difficult introduction at an entry level role. However most industries are similar!

Experis2016-09-01

November 2, 2016Managing Director, Experis UKIE

Thank you for your review - we really value the feedback. I'm delighted to hear of your positive experiences that support our core values. We feel that our people are what make our business and actively encourage a supportive and collaborative culture, so it's great to see this is recognised. I wish you well in your future career with us!

6. "Consultants are not micro-managed"

Consultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Experis

Pros

- great commission scheme - nice & friendly people - consultants are given the autonomy to work in a way that suits them, no micro-management - set career structure so you can take control - not a huge gap between management and staff, everyone is very friendly and willing to offer help & support - good team spirit across different teams - good incentives for high performing staff

Cons

- systems are a bit slow but this has been addressed

Experis2016-08-25

September 26, 2016Managing Director, Experis UKIE

Thank you for your review; we appreciate you taking the time and value feedback like this from all our colleagues. We pride ourselves on having a supportive culture that rewards good work and this goes right up to senior management. We encourage our staff to be as open and flexible as possible, as we know this benefits all our employees and contributes to a positive work environment. I’m very pleased you recognise this!

7. "Experis - A great place to work"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Altrincham, England

I have been working at Experis full-time

Pros

I joined Experis in November 2011, I had 3 years experience as a new business consultant with a moderate amount of success working for small generalist IT recruitment firm. The thing that attracted me to Experis was their commitment to helping consultants grow their own business through becoming a specialist in a particular area of IT (for me that was Information and IT Security). Through a mixture of hard work, great training and support from the business I have been able to recruit a team of 5 consultants, all of whom are 100% + of their target year to date. The investment in the team is continuing as the need for security professionals accelerates and Experis' reputation as a in the security industry grows. The commission structure is 2nd to none. It is a great place to work and I can see myself growing with the business in the coming years.

Cons

The recruitment software we use isn't cutting edge, however I have been assured that this is being addressed before the end of 2016.

Experis2016-08-12

September 26, 2016Managing Director, Experis UKIE

Thank you very much for writing a review; this feedback is highly valuable to us. We've worked hard to ensure our staff are given opportunities to take ownership, develop and progress in their careers and I'm really delighted to see that you are experiencing this. You're clearly excelling in your role, so keep up the good work!

8. "Stable, with good opportunities for staff development"

4.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Experis full-time

Pros

* Good senior management * Approachable board members * Listens to, and acts on new ideas * Excellent incentives * Not a company that looks at staff as "only as good as your last month" * Excellent commission structures

Cons

We tend to want to please ManpowerGroup too much and are often dictated to by them. This has meant a much slower investment in new, much needed technology; should be able to act with more independence given our success and growth, but understandable reasons why we can't.

Experis2016-08-11

September 26, 2016Managing Director, Experis UKIE

I'm glad to hear that you recognise our dedication to our people. We believe our colleagues make us such a great place to work and this goes right up to management level. We've also been working hard to ensure that good work is congratulated and rewarded to show our ongoing appreciation. We always want to get the best out of our people, which is why we set ambitious targets, but we're sorry to hear that this can be perceived in a negative way. We'll be sure to take your feedback on board moving forward.

"I enjoyed it"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Experis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fast paced, friendly atmosphere. I worked here for 12 years working up from the bottom of my department to the top, so they do promote from within when it's deserved.

Cons

Frustrations of being owned by a huge American multi-national organisation, ended up not working out so well for me and my team.

Experis2016-07-20

September 26, 2016Managing Director, Experis UKIE

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I'm pleased to hear that on the whole your experience with us was a positive one. We work hard to support people with their career aspirations and offering progression within the company is a big focus for us. I'm glad you recognised this. We realise that we had to make some changes when we joined ManpowerGroup, but we feel that many of these have been positive. For example, the scale, extensive expertise and service offerings of the Group has helped us rise above our competitors. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

"Anonymous"

Anonymous in Bristol, England

I worked at Experis for more than a year

Pros

Extensive experience across a range of sectors and clients. Many of the staff have been with the business for many years.

Cons

Some areas of team management weaker than others.

Experis2016-07-22

September 26, 2016Director of Talent, UK

We really appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to see you recognise our market expertise, which we feel sets us apart from competitors. Our people are very important to us and we do all we can to ensure we retain top talent - creating a positive and supportive work environment, opportunities for up-skilling and career development and rewarding good work. We've invested a lot in training and coaching managers over the last year, so it's disappointing to see your comments around this. We encourage everyone to talk with their line managers regularly about their training and development needs, along with their wider career goals. We can then offer support accordingly and help people discover their personal best.

Found 582 reviews