Experis Senior Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Nov 25, 2019

3.7
Experis  Experis UK  and Ireland Martin Ewings
Martin Ewings
  1. "Great atmosphere to work"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Manchester, England

I worked at Experis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice office environment, opportunity to earn good money

Cons

Ups and downs as with all recruitment

Advice to Management

Not applicable at this time

Experis2019-01-24
  2. "an okay company but....."

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Experis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Left to your devices and given chances to grow your desk very good training and development Thats about it to be honest

Cons

terrible lads culture, needs to changed as it is old fashioned and not desirable in a company. Desk is stone cold (when I say cold I mean cold) it appears this office is completely cut off from the rest of Experis who are on the PSL of many great companies but this office does not have access to contacts or supplier agreements. You are literally given a phone and a computer and told to make money not ideal.... Most people in the team have no recruitment exp prior to Experis so no range of skills.

Advice to Management

Hire some decent senior recruiters, and stop the lads culture it is not a good look and is very 90's.

Experis2019-10-15
  3. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Experis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked with Experis for over 3 years. Its a great company with good benefits and commision scheme. Good place for someone who wants to work hard and grow in career + make money.

Cons

Immediately management was very poor, lack of goals and drive.

Advice to Management

Get good inspiring managers.

Experis2018-11-14

"The Good, The Bad, The Ugly"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Altrincham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Experis full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Overall, I think positively of my career at Experis, but only marginally. The company gave me good career development, exposure to different teams, clients and roles. The people at Experis are a credit to the organisation, you build strong relationships and friendships.

Cons

Stop promoting the wrong people, often is the case if you are friends with the decision makers you'll be promoted. This has left some weak people in management positions (team lead, service delivery manager etc) which results in disengaged employees.

Advice to Management

Stop the merger with Manpower - Experis' brand in the market of contract recruitment is stronger. If we are to 'merge' then change the name because MAN (!?) power. Stop promoting the wrong people. Have a better backbone for people who take the ...

Experis2018-09-17

"Fantastic platform to build a business"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Experis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Part of ManpowerGroup, the 2nd largest recruitment business in the world. Experts in IT, Engineering & Finance recruitment. Amazing platform, extensive database of over 1 million contacts, great training "Centre of Excellence" performed by our top performing Recruiters, exciting development programmes on offer, can see multiple career pathway opportunities for me, clearly set expectations, adult and enjoyable... working environment, extensive incentives and opportunities to win holidays, cash bonuses, prizes and a large number of social events . Unlike other companies we are given the autonomy and flexibility to build our own business in our own way. I'm told by Consultants who have moved here from our competitors that our brand and reputation in the market makes it easier to build relationships with leading clients. Makes my job easier! Great work life balance, taught to work smart, no micro-management. Incredibly strong commission scheme + generous car allowance which is easily achievable. Competitive basics. Have made amazing friends here that will be friends for life. Reward culture - If you work hard you get rewarded generously.

Cons

No cons - if you work hard then you are appreciated. We get all of the tools and support needed to be successful. You do have to motivate yourself more when you aren't micromanaged but I much prefer this. You get treated with more respect and feel like an adult.

Experis2016-01-18

"Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Experis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice building, lots of place to stretch around, sales environment, we banged the desks every time someone rings a bill.

Cons

All boys club and every person to himself, people were rude- no one respected you. management was all over the place, we were forced to lie on the phone about the company and incentives. No real training, awful really. Commission was not realistic, sold dreams when first joining of 30-40k in first year. Realistically it would be good if you hit 20 after your 16k basic salary.

Advice to Management

Stop being so overpowering to your employees and sort out the commission scheme.

Experis2015-07-03
  7. "Highly Recommend"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Experis full-time

Pros

Good workload, flexible schedule, team-building events, motivation to succeed

Cons

Lots of changes, but if you are adaptable, it isn't overwhelming

Experis2019-11-25
  8. "I love it here!"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Experis full-time for less than a year

Pros

-The people are so great that I work with, they make everyday fun and challenging at the same time. -The benefits are fantastic -I love the flexibility I get

Cons

-The technology we use is old and can make us inefficient. -Leadership can be a little unrealistic at times about numbers and hiring issues.

Advice to Management

Update technology!

Experis2018-05-17

"Goal Inspired Company - Sound History"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Experis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*Goal inspired company with a sound history and solid plan. Clear expectations. *As an employee of the company (not a consultant), I enjoy a lot of freedom to exercise my expertise. *I am rewarded for performance through recognition and rewards.

Cons

*Training is left to be desired. This is a good company for a professional who is skilled and requires little training. *The Benefits are mediocre.

Advice to Management

Invest in all sides of the business and show your internal staff you want them to grow.

Experis2017-05-08
  10. "Sr. Recruiter"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Experis full-time for more than a year

Pros

I had a great experience working for Experis. Great working environment in Minneapolis. Fair salaries and benefits package.

Cons

Commissions could have been a little higher and more in line with BDM's commission plan.

Experis2017-03-10