Expert Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Expert Logistics Reviews

2.5
David Ashwell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I've worked at Expert Logistics for just over a year" (in 3 reviews)

• "I left a competertor to work for this company after attending a interview and training day with a multi-crew leader" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "This leads to the inevitable long hours and daily pressures but that's what makes it interesting" (in 7 reviews)

• "Open to damage claims - so have to be really careful in customers property" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Multi-crew driver"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Crewe, England
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Crewe, England

I have been working at Expert Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I currently work on a multi-crew basis within expert logistics and have been for just under a year. I left a competertor to work for this company after attending a interview and training day with a multi-crew leader. From my personal experience this company looks after there drivers better than other home delivery companies for example adding on bonuses when earnt to handing out refreshments in the mornings.

Cons

The times we receive our run times of an evening.

Advice to Management

I understand that the next day delivery service procedure isn’t a quick process to sort but receiving your allocated run text at gone midnight on some days can cause an issue for the following day.

2. "Hard work pays off."

Current Employee - Driver in Crewe, England
    Current Employee - Driver in Crewe, England

I have been working at Expert Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’ve worked for the company for a few years now and I won’t be leaving any time soon. The job is purely what you make of it, you put the effort and graft in and the company will notice it. I’ve worked at two Depo’s, one covering central London, the other covering the north west including the welsh valleys, I’ve done every aspect of the job from taking appliances up into flats in East London to delivering to farms in Wales so I would say my knowledge on the job is fairly good.

As mentioned before the company notice if you put the effort in, I personally have had numerous opportunities offered to me since being with them ranging from my C1 driving licence to opening up a multi crew with them.

Yes the days can be long, yes some of the appliances aren’t the lightest in the world and yes some customers cause you headache after headache but dealing with that is part of the job and the company as a whole are always willing to listen to any issues you may have and help out in anyway possible.

All in all the company is great to work for if you have the right attitude towards working. Plenty of opportunities to better yourself.

Thanks to the company I have a successful business running at the age of 25. Name somewhere else you can do that?

Cons

The only issue I’ve ever had is the routing for my days work, again in some cases this can’t be helped due to issues on the road ie.traffic, closed roads.

"Driver"

I have been working at Expert Logistics full-time

Pros

Absolutely NOTHING nothing at all

Cons

Long hours
    Crap pay
    Made to feel worthless
    Management are bullys
    Drivers are nothing to the company

Would not wish a job like this on my worst enemy!!!!!!!
    Vile vile vile company !!

Advice to Management

Stop being so far up ur own arses and actualy care about the drivers who are out there slugging their arses off for 10-15 hours a days to put money in your pockets so u can sleep at night !!!

4. "3.5t Self-Employed Driver"

I have been working at Expert Logistics full-time

Pros

Once you do your job well there is always work for you... Free Water... you get paid extra for compliments to the company so always have a winning smile on and get your feedback

Cons

They are real scavengers doing vehicle checks that on your website says are well-maintained vans which I believe not one would pass an mot test in its current state as I have driven all... shoddy brakes, clutches the list goes on its like AO would like us to kill ourselves then they have the decency to charge you for damages to the van... Another thing drivers line we the drivers have had enough of the call center they lie and make our lives very difficult because they have to put the customer first so if that means talking to the customers for an hour and expecting us to wait that's what they expect I'VE GOT KIDS i don't want to be getting back to my depot late every night, if we damage anything we pay for it!!!! SO MAJORITY OF THE TIME THE DRIVERS AT FAULT, we carry up to 1600kg+ with our hands and to be honest I think a pay boost is in order we really don't get paid enough for the HARD work we do take in to account London is a lot of split level flats so we carry appliances up-stairs constantly. we throw our back in that's it for us we don't get sick pay. I could really go on and on. I've worked there 5 months now and I know the pattern inside out, I've seen people come and go. I've helped out at other depots also and some of your staff are really rude and inconsiderate.

Advice to Management

Need more driver incentives, Look after your drivers as much as your employed staff because really and truthfully we are the life of your company.

5. "Delivery driver"

I worked at Expert Logistics full-time

Pros

Nothing comes to mind. Worse company ever! No sense of retention rules!

Cons

Rely on dishonest individuals to forward your pittance wage! They lie about your daily rate! They charge you for damage they they are totally unable to prove! What about the packers? Are they not accountable? HR/management don't give two hoots about your complaints, hell they don't even respond to your inquiries!! Advise for expert live up to your namesake vet your staff, be professional. Advise to drivers DON'T TAKE A JOB AT EXPERT CROYDON!! You will regret it!

Advice to Management

Whats the point the wouldnt follow anyway!!

6. "Warehouse Operative"

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Crewe, England
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Crewe, England

I worked at Expert Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not sure, maybe free milk?

Cons

I must admit it was the worst experience I could ever get. Working the nightshifts wasn't that bad itself, however people you worked with...
    From shift manager to operative you could find so many xenophobic, homophobic and racist people like anywhere else, so if you are a thinkable foreigner, please do not try this place.

7. "good place to work for the self employed"

I have been working at Expert Logistics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

fantastic growing company. promotion from within. fair treatment of all workers

Cons

can be hard work and long hours but rewarded well if you have good customer service skills. and are flexible around weekend work

Advice to Management

make sure we keep up with the competition on route rates

"Managers need a good kicking"

Current Employee - Driver in Potters Bar, England
    Current Employee - Driver in Potters Bar, England

I have been working at Expert Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job is very enjoyable if they didn't work you like a slave everyday and expect you to be back at 6am

Cons

They book you to work without telling you which you get a £150 fine for if you do not turn up. Make you go over your driving hours daily then make you lie on a paper and tell you to only put down 4 hours a day

Advice to Management

Advise to management learn some kind of self defence because a lot of people want your head after the way he held our pay sometimes under paid etc. They need to be investigated

"Driver"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Pros

It's a good environment to work in good team spirit and free water. Wage's are average for the job description.

Cons

Very long hours and in fairness your ETA on most jobs is to tight hence why most will fail the job to get home at a realistic time plus the staff turnover is huge and a real concern because you depend on your mate and if he fails to turn up you don't get paid and you get fined ... also there is no thanks for the work you put in ...

Advice to Management

Value your team of drivers, and thank them for the hours we do ... Be aware of each individual has done . Be honest be up front.

"Worse company ever and management"

Former Employee - Warehouse in Croydon, England
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Croydon, England

Pros

There is no pros to this company they use you up and chuck you out !
    Have no concern for your health of safety . And talk and treat you like crap .

Cons

Over work you under pay you , treat you like crap on a daily basis , don't care for you safety or health ,if you don't dance too there tune out the door you go , best thing I've done in this company was to leave .

Advice to Management

Stay safe , be cause the way you treat your staff will and is going to get you into a lot of trouble . Best advice is get yourself some training in how to respect your staff.