F10 Search & Selection Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

F10 Search & Selection Reviews

Updated May 11, 2018

Found 8 reviews

F10 Search & Selection CEO Mark Flawn (no image)
Mark Flawn
  1. "Having worked for F10 Recruitment for a number of years, I believe it is one of the best companies I have worked for."

Current Employee - Major Account Director in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at F10 Search & Selection full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very approachable and honest leadership team Nice working environment Hard working staff who believe in helping eachother Strong client base Strong reputation with our clients Always busy with lots of roles to fill Good training for new starters and ongoing support to junior staff from experienced team members Investment in technology and tools

Cons

My only negative is that the comany are 30 miles from where I live. However I have continued to do this trip for nearly 8 years, so wouldn't do it unless the company was a great place to work

Advice to Management

Please make sure that you only bring in hard working employees with a track record of success in the recruitment industry. We have to guard against negative people who give up too easilly, aren't prepared to take on critism, aren't prepared for the fight that you have to show to be successful and those that tend to bring others down.

F10 Search & Selection2014-07-01

August 17, 2014Director

Recruiting the right people is always a challenge in any business, but for a recruitment company in MK its particularly hard to find the right caliber of people. We usually recruit where we see potential in people, but you dont find out about their individual discipline and ability to embrace our culture and ethos over night. We always try to be fair and give people a chance to perform and even turn things around. This is an approach that hasn't always served us well, especially when those individuals who have failed to deliver then leave and blame us. Thank you for your positive comments.

2. "Not been paid"

I worked at F10 Search & Selection full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some good people, and some good accounts

Cons

Flat atmosphere Small Undermanaged Limited training and progression Struggling for cash so sometimes delays wages. Last month was over a week.. some ex employees still not been paid..

Advice to Management

Pay your staff on time Train your people Get a manager And add people to your business..

F10 Search & Selection2018-05-11
  3. "Small but talented - Needs to discover their identity"

I worked at F10 Search & Selection full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Staff who are experts in their chosen fields. - this can be taken 2 ways, but it is not a typical sales office. dedicated, long-term recruiters who play a longer game - Good basic pay and commission potential - Excellent tools - internal database, linkedin recruiter etc - good parking facilities close to supermarkets and a park. has its own kitchen

Cons

- slightly outdated views on recruitment. currently work to a 30 year old procedure of how to recruit - too much reliance on long-term major accounts, rather than bringing in new clients to swelll opportunities - long standard hours of 08.30 - 18.00 - no natural leaders

Advice to Management

look to bring in more accounts, and try new methods rather than expecting reference checking to solve this. That aside, team fit is key and the right group could flourish.

F10 Search & Selection2016-11-09
  4. "Small But Mighty"

I worked at F10 Search & Selection full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great colleagues with a generally positive and friendly work atmosphere and a fun but not enforced or excessive social culture outside of work as well. - Skilled and knowledgeable employees, some of the best I've worked with in the industry. - Company may be small but is able to deliver way beyond expectation and out compete companies many times their size due to the calibre of their staff and quality of their... systems and processes an innovation. - One of the most honest, trustworthy and moral recruitment organisations I have worked for. - Usually pragmatic approach from the management team to solving issues of any kind. - Approachable mid and senior level management. - Not micro managed unless people were struggling. - Commission structure is good and fair. - Relative freedom to operate and innovate in ways you see fit with active encouragement to be a thought leader and expert in an area of your choice. - They invest in new technology where they think it will help and are open to discussions on process improvement. - Opportunities to do more than just 'hit the phones' with chance to get involved in internal process improvement, industry exhibitions, innovative sourcing, industry presentations and anything else justifiably beneficial if you are willing to seek it out. - They recognise that whilst the bottom line is the end goal and people need to be profitable, their staff's worth and skill is measured in more than just the figures they are bringing in.

Cons

- Sometimes felt like there were as many managers as there were other staff which could feel a bit strange at times, particularly when sensitive information was communicated to the management team in a weekly meeting meaning half the staff knew already and could make you feel a bit left out. - Small company so can sometimes feel a little unstable if the business is going through a bit of a rough patch but this is... the same with any small business, just be aware of this if you are joining. - As with a lot of recruitment businesses there feels like there is an unspoken pressure to stay late, particularly if people are struggling performance wise. Whilst this is no where near as bad as in some recruitment businesses and does work for some people I personally think this should be something that is an individual choice rather than part of a business culture with management pressure behind it as it can lead to greater stress, poorer work/life balance and affect/worry others in the office even if it isn't aimed at them.

Advice to Management

- Carry on with the good work. - Keep communications to staff as simple as possible rather than filtering it down through the managers unless it is really required. - Get rid of the last vestiges of the pressure to work late by discouraging the occasional sarcastic comments when people leave the office and by stressing that it is one of many potential options rather than an obligation when people are struggling.

F10 Search & Selection2014-09-08

September 12, 2014Director

This is a well balanced and fair appraisal. Thank you. In regards to the pressure to stay late, I think that this has to be encouraged (It has never been compulsory BTW) or it simply wouldn't happen and then people who are struggling who could have worked themselves away from the danger zone would find themselves even more at risk. Every successful recruitment company that I know has a culture of working late as required and that's not just when you are struggling. It just comes with the territory. The successful foundations of this company were built by servicing a small number of large engineering companies better than the competition did. We did that by ensuring that when a vacancy was passed across late in the afternoon, even on a Friday, it would be worked on immediately. The clients quickly got to know that they would always walk in to find 4 or 5 quality CV's from us the very next working day. Something that no other supplier ever did consistently. That positioned us as their number 1 supplier not just on results, but also for the commitment and dedication that we showed to them. This is the kind of behaviour that breaks down the barriers between recruiters and the companies that they work with in order to forge true partnerships If you are not prepared to make that level of commitment, it is difficult to see how you will become successful in this industry. If you didn't do that, then you would either need to be extremely talented or very very lucky.

5. "Innovative and forward thinking"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at F10 Search & Selection full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is constantly challenging itself and the people that work here to improve the working conditions that we have with our clients. They have invested in a new facility in the North East and new technology and have a unique proposition that we are just starting to take to market.

Cons

Its a very work focused environment. Expectations on individuals are high.

Advice to Management

Mix up the incentives on offer. Its not all about the commissions.

F10 Search & Selection2014-05-20

May 26, 2014Director

Its good to see that recent initiatives are appreciated and that Management feel positive about the future. We have more than 20 major accounts where we are the number 1 supplier and we intend to build on that through the ID project. We have very high expectations of ourselves, so of course that will filter down to our staff. Thank you for this review Mark Stephens Director / Owner

6. "Blame culture"

Former Employee - Consultant in Milton Keynes, England

I worked at F10 Search & Selection full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good incentives when honoured, free hot drinks and parking. Nice location and friendly employees.

Cons

High turn over of staff, inconsistent management style, no support given when consultants are struggling. Everyone else's fault but the management team.

Advice to Management

Good management leads to retention of staff and successful results.

F10 Search & Selection2014-06-22

July 1, 2014Director

Its a shame that people who have failed to deliver within a company and yet who have been supported by that organisation for an extended period of time and were kept in a job by their work colleagues who effectively paid their salary's' for them while they were here, feel the need to try and sabotage a company's reputation when they have left. The recent departures from the company have evidently encouraged each other to post these comments on this site, with a total disregard for both the people that employed them, kept them in a job while they under performed and also show a total disrespect for their former colleagues who still work here. F10 provides all the latest tools, a great working environment and all the support and coaching required to be successful. There is a highly supportive management team that want every employee to succeed. We strongly dispute the comment 'no support when struggling' ... this could not be further from the truth. When you have people who miss the minimum acceptable activity targets by a mile consistently and make absolutely no attempt to catch up, it is very difficult for any manager to help those people when they evidently don't want to help themselves. In any other organisation, people would have been exited far quicker that we do here at F10.

7. "Inconsistent"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at F10 Search & Selection full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful team spirit Nice offices with free parking

Cons

Poor and inconsistent management decisions Struggling financially Poor commission plan for Consultants

Advice to Management

Need for better employee/management communications

F10 Search & Selection2013-09-08

May 26, 2014Director

It's difficult when people are not meeting targets and struggling to do the job to get employees to see that it is them that needs to change. I discovered early on in my management career that failing people very rarely blame themselves. Although the company does its best to help people to change and adapt, the employees often don't see this in the same way as management do. Only once in over 10 years has F10 lost a member of staff that was doing well and she went off to set up her own company. We have regular one to ones with staff and even have a full time business coach to help people reach their potential. He communicates with the staff on a daily basis, so I don't buy into the communication issue. Our commission structure is extremely fair and pays 5% up to break even and 20 % over B/E with additional bonuses paid quarterly that can add another 5% on top. We have had staff earning over £90k and consistently have many people earning over £60k. If you don't make break even you don't earn good commission, its as simple as that, but that is very fair I think. The future of this company is as positive as it has ever been with a major new initiative rolled out recently with ID that gives F10 staff and its customers something very unique and raises the bar in the industry. Mark Stephens Director / Owner

"Absolutely perfect"

Current Employee - Specialist Resourcer in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at F10 Search & Selection full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lovely people Open office Range of ages Apprentice academy Growing company Free parking Benefit scheme is wonderful Fantastic support from the directors

Cons

Sometimes very quiet due to the small office and people popping out to lunch which can sometimes make it hard to have a call with a candidate due to embarrassment. Technically in the office there are three companies running, it would be nice if there was a little more division

Advice to Management

More people, bigger offices

F10 Search & Selection2013-01-04

May 26, 2014Director

Lots of positives in here and since this review was written I believe I believe that the office has become far more vibrant. The staff themselves are responsible for generating an atmosphere, through collective hard work and general telephone activity. We will never be a bell ringing company I am afraid. We intend to increase the size of the company and are currently in growth mode!!!

Found 8 reviews